Rolando McClain wins Butkus, Lambert Awards

Take me out to the ball game! Basketball, baseball, football...Oh my!

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

dolfan
Established Member

Rolando McClain wins Butkus, Lambert Awards

Postby dolfan » December 8th, 2009, 6:43 am

Alabama LB Rolando McClain was awarded the Jack Lambert Award yesterday and Dick Butkus was in Tuscaloosa this morning to present the Butkus Award to him. He's from Decatur, AL, where I was born, raised and work. My hat's off to this kid who had his share of troubles in high school, went to UA, lived under the influence of Nick Saban for three years and is at the top of the game and is about four months away from being a high first round draft pick and multi kabillionaire. Saban says of him that he's "just like me." When he's not in on a play in practice, he's standing close to Saban --- even standing like him, they say --- observing what's happening. They call him the coach on the field, and Sunday night he was elected as a permanent captain of the team at the annual team banquet.

Proud for this young man, and I hope he lives up to his potential not only for success, but for good.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Return to “Sports...By Popular Demand”