Rob's Top Ten

Take me out to the ball game! Basketball, baseball, football...Oh my!

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Rob's Top Ten

Postby Rob » October 17th, 2010, 5:20 am

Wow, another exciting week of College football. Here's my Top Ten for this week.

1. Oregon - The Ducks had the week off, but I still think they are a proven #1 right now.

2. Oklahoma - Could it been an old Big XIII showdown between Nebraska and Oklahoma for the Big 12 title? Where's Barry and Tom?

3. Auburn - I dislike preseason anything, but Cam Newton is looking like a Heisman front-runner in my opinion. The guy is good.

4. LSU - Of course LSU went down in talent playing this week, we will see what happens Saturday when they play Auburn.

5. Michigan St. - Now honestly who would have thought this team would be undefeated right now and ranked as high as they are? Not I.

6. Alabama - I can't wait till the Iron Bowl. However, before that game happens, Bama better get their offense in gear.

7. Utah - Can't wait till the show down between the Utes and the Horned Frogs.

8. TCU - Stepping up, and beat a very good BYU team. See #7

9. Boise St. I honestly can't see them playing in the NC game now. The only real team they had left to play was Nevada and they needed the Wolfpack to keep winning and they were defeated by Hawaii. Look for Boise to start slipping in the polls and computer rankings because of who they are playing.

10. Florida St. Oklahoma exposed some weakness of this team and another WV boy Jimbo Fisher is getting them playing like some old FSU teams use to play.

On another note. Someone predicted Nebraska to play in the NC game. Talking about needing a lot to right for that to happen now. South Carolina upset by UK, and the list goes on.

My prediction is there will be more upsets taking place before we get to Thanksgiving and who knows who will be playing where now. One thing I know for sure it has been and will continue to be a fun season!!
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » October 18th, 2010, 9:55 am

I'd agree top to bottom, even though I still think LSU is overrated. As much as I hate to say it, Auburn will set things aright this weekend regarding LSU. The bloom is about to fall off the rose for Les Miles, and he'll have to thank Cam Newton and Gus Malzahn. And, man, I hate to say that....you have no idea.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Return to “Sports...By Popular Demand”