Search found 11 matches

Go to advanced search

by Revival Theology
October 11th, 2004, 1:23 am
Forum: Jude 2 General Discussion Forum
Topic: Healing Poll
Replies: 33
Views: 23579

Re: Wait a sec

...the Bible also states multiple times that God's plan for the body of Christ is to heal the sick. The Great Commission, Mark 16:18, even bears witness of God's will to heal. Does every person you lay hands on recover? If not, do you cop out and say it was their fault, or do you acknowledge that "...
by Revival Theology
October 11th, 2004, 1:17 am
Forum: Jude 2 General Discussion Forum
Topic: Healing Poll
Replies: 33
Views: 23579

Hi pastorables, The following are statements that I can agree with: C. God provides healing through Christ's shed blood D. God desires to heal all sickness (there's a crucially important difference between desire and will). G. It's not God's will to heal every one (to which I would add--"in the way ...
by Revival Theology
March 31st, 2003, 6:37 pm
Forum: Jude 2 General Discussion Forum
Topic: War and Why!
Replies: 15
Views: 22172

Nei

I don't think anyone of us has enough information to draw a solid conclusion for certain as to all the "whys" of the current conflict in Iraq, and if we did have someone here who had top-secret security clearance, they wouldn't tell us what they know in this forum. I don't think the poll as phrased ...
by Revival Theology
March 17th, 2003, 3:38 pm
Forum: Jude 2 General Discussion Forum
Topic: WHat do you believe about the gifts of the Spirit?
Replies: 52
Views: 56278

Walk in the Spirit

Gal. 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. Ergo, you are refuted. As to conversions under Swaggart's preaching, yes, God can certainly use false prophets (those who practice lawlessness--Matt. 7:21-23) to accomplish his purposes. That doesn't mean t...
by Revival Theology
March 16th, 2003, 7:22 pm
Forum: Jude 2 General Discussion Forum
Topic: WHat do you believe about the gifts of the Spirit?
Replies: 52
Views: 56278

Losing My Religion

Hi Mike, I thought I had answered your question sufficiently, but perhaps this excerpt from a conversation I had recently on another website will clarify my understanding of this issue: A few questions for you: 1. Would you say then that at any time a person can “lose” their salvation? 2. If at any ...
by Revival Theology
March 16th, 2003, 4:24 pm
Forum: Jude 2 General Discussion Forum
Topic: WHat do you believe about the gifts of the Spirit?
Replies: 52
Views: 56278

Backsliding

To Mike: My point about Acts 2:38 was simply that the conditions of repentance and faith precede the giving of the Holy Spirit to a person. This same theme is supported throughout Scripture as being always true. To Michael: Are you one of those guys who thinks you can sleep with prostitutes and stil...
by Revival Theology
March 15th, 2003, 9:01 pm
Forum: Jude 2 General Discussion Forum
Topic: WHat do you believe about the gifts of the Spirit?
Replies: 52
Views: 56278

Re: Let's think about that

Could the tie that binds be the annointing? While callings and gifts are given from God, to be annointed requires something on our part--prayer, fasting, study, obedience. Oh, man. I had not even read this post and I used the exact same words last night in bible study for what the Lord requires of ...
by Revival Theology
March 14th, 2003, 5:30 pm
Forum: Jude 2 General Discussion Forum
Topic: WHat do you believe about the gifts of the Spirit?
Replies: 52
Views: 56278

Re: Without repentance?

Eternal life is a gift,... and yet... not unconditionally guaranteed to their recipients. I.e., a person may, through their own willful sin, forfeit a gift. That, of course, has been greatly debated, hasn't it? My Calvinist friends argue that it is indeed an unconditional gift. :wink: Yes, I realiz...
by Revival Theology
March 14th, 2003, 4:08 pm
Forum: Jude 2 General Discussion Forum
Topic: WHat do you believe about the gifts of the Spirit?
Replies: 52
Views: 56278

Re: Without repentance?

...I am uncomfortable with the idea put forth by many based on this verse that the gifts of the Spirit are somehow permanent endowments. Why? The very word "GIFT" carries the implication of permanent endowment, doesn't it? Otherwise, we should call them the "loans" of the Spirit. Eternal life is a ...
by Revival Theology
March 13th, 2003, 4:30 pm
Forum: Jude 2 General Discussion Forum
Topic: WHat do you believe about the gifts of the Spirit?
Replies: 52
Views: 56278

Without repentance?

We often hear people say, "You know, that person has the call of God on his life, and the gifts and callings of God are without repentance; therefore, they can never really get away from that calling." However, in context, what is Paul actually speaking of when he says the gifts and callings of God ...
by Revival Theology
March 12th, 2003, 1:47 pm
Forum: Jude 2 General Discussion Forum
Topic: WHat do you believe about the gifts of the Spirit?
Replies: 52
Views: 56278

I think the gifts are functions more than offices

I believe gifts are divine enablements when necessary to God's purpose. For instance, biblical scholars have tended to interpret "gifts of healings" as individual dispensations of healing (say, a person healed of blindness, for example), rather than a gift "residing" in an individual (such as Oral R...

Go to advanced search

Login  •  Register