The Amazing Race!

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

User avatar
Psalm91
Needs a hobby
Posts: 92
Joined: August 6th, 2004, 7:31 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby Psalm91 » August 14th, 2004, 8:10 am

This would be me! I forgot to log in!
All my hopes, my dreams and my plans are wrapped up in His hands.

User avatar
Sherry
Moderator
Posts: 5731
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 6:13 pm
Location: USA,Texas
Contact:

Postby Sherry » August 14th, 2004, 1:00 pm

Anonymous wrote:
I am a Christian woman married to a Christian man and I do not call him Honey or Sweetie!!!
*** Meant to say that I don't call him Honey or sweetie when I am mad at him! More like,,, well anyway you get the picture! :lol:
**YR** Yes! I loved that part!


I hear ya on that!! Honey and Sweetie is not on my list of names when I'm mad at my hubby either! :twisted: Butthead usually is on the top of the list though......Image

mavislb
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...
Posts: 363
Joined: November 13th, 2003, 2:38 pm
Location: USA,Kansas

Postby mavislb » August 15th, 2004, 11:39 am

I like the married couple. I think it is neat that they get so awe-struck with the beauty of the scenery around them. And several times I have heard him mention his thankfulness to God. They seem to be having fun - not out trying to use the others to win.

User avatar
Psalm91
Needs a hobby
Posts: 92
Joined: August 6th, 2004, 7:31 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby Psalm91 » August 15th, 2004, 12:07 pm

My point exactly!
All my hopes, my dreams and my plans are wrapped up in His hands.

User avatar
DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4477
Joined: March 15th, 2004, 7:09 am
Location: USA,Florida
Contact:

Postby DeWayneTN » August 18th, 2004, 10:56 am

Charla and Mirna made things more interesting. I wished it would have been the bowling moms off last night, but oh well. I'm still rooting for Chip and his wife. I was rooting for Brandon and Nicole but Nicole is such a pill lately. I couldn't get over her fussing about him running so fast and he was carrying the cart! And how about getting ripped off on the bus?
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)
Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

User avatar
Sherry
Moderator
Posts: 5731
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 6:13 pm
Location: USA,Texas
Contact:

Postby Sherry » August 18th, 2004, 11:08 am

Charla and Mirna are gone....Charla's closing statements were very touching at the end though, even had ole Phil choked up. Have to give them props, they hung in there and made it further than most thought they would!

Chip and Kim are so cute, love watching them. They seem to just be having so much fun! Loved when they sat down with the family in Kenya and ate watermelon, such a sweet moment.

Brandon and Nicole, man thought little Nicole was gonna get herself in some big trouble there with that bus driver. :shock: Have to hand it to Brandon though, he has not let his faith waiver.

Bowling Moms, Linda and Karen, are the awesome twosome!! What can you say for two middle aged moms? Man, they are great! Who says you have to be a skinny minny to win this race!!!

Colin and Christi, sorry I can't stand that guy! His attitude shows he must be compensating for something else! :oops: :lol:

User avatar
Psalm91
Needs a hobby
Posts: 92
Joined: August 6th, 2004, 7:31 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby Psalm91 » August 18th, 2004, 12:02 pm

He was about to cry about eating eggs??????????????
Maybe God wanted Nicole and Brandon to go on the show so Brandon would see that Nicole's poop does stink.(or was that suppose to go in Victorious Secrets?)

Charla and Mirna were bad, but I just loved the coniving!(sp?)

Bowling Moms are funny. I mean close the blinds and start peeking out the windows, sure no one will notice that!

I am for Chip & Kim all the way!!!!!!!!!!

Who thinks that Colin and Nicole would make a good couple?
All my hopes, my dreams and my plans are wrapped up in His hands.

User avatar
Sherry
Moderator
Posts: 5731
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 6:13 pm
Location: USA,Texas
Contact:

Postby Sherry » August 18th, 2004, 3:17 pm

Psalm91 wrote:He was about to cry about eating eggs??????????????
Maybe God wanted Nicole and Brandon to go on the show so Brandon would see that Nicole's poop does stink.(or was that suppose to go in Victorious Secrets?)


Colin is a wimp.....he's all talk...it was like a Dr Suess book...Green Eggs and Green Colin!! ROFL :lol:

Nicole is a prima donna...guess she's finding out that life's not always like walking down a runway doing the beauty contestant wave. :wink: Poor Brandon, I think she's trying he's faith more than the race is... :roll:

If I had to pick a team to win I would go with Chip and Kim too, they are enjoying it the most and playing like champs. I love their enthusiasm!

User avatar
ImaPK
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4300
Joined: March 14th, 2004, 10:42 am
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby ImaPK » August 18th, 2004, 3:38 pm

ImaPK said
Don't really have a favorite but I wish the midget and her cousin would lose...they are so obnoxious :x

HOORAY...YOU'RE OUTTA HERE :lol:
People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. Author Unknown.

User avatar
Psalm91
Needs a hobby
Posts: 92
Joined: August 6th, 2004, 7:31 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby Psalm91 » August 18th, 2004, 4:20 pm

Do you think the host was crying over Mirna's speech or was crying for joy that Sharla wasn't going to be able to throw herself on him anymore?
(May have them mixed up.)
All my hopes, my dreams and my plans are wrapped up in His hands.

User avatar
panhandler
Moderator
Posts: 2152
Joined: March 27th, 2004, 3:45 pm
Location: Franklin Tn.
Contact:

Postby panhandler » August 19th, 2004, 5:04 pm

In my opinion, this is the best "reality" show ever. I realize they still edit alot to make you like or dislike people but, this long haul show really shows what people are made of. I love it. Go Brandon and Nicole or Chip and Kim!
"I imagine God is weary of being called down on both sides of an argument" Cold Mountain

User avatar
Sherry
Moderator
Posts: 5731
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 6:13 pm
Location: USA,Texas
Contact:

Postby Sherry » August 24th, 2004, 5:04 pm

Can't wait to talk about tonights show.......but have to wait till Pastor Gary sees it!!! :? :lol: It was good....really good!!!!! You'll like it!! Just wait till you see what happens when _______ does __________ and then ______ almost __________ LOL hee hee just gettng you ready!!

User avatar
DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4477
Joined: March 15th, 2004, 7:09 am
Location: USA,Florida
Contact:

Postby DeWayneTN » August 25th, 2004, 4:21 am

How many hours later from EST does The Amazing Race play in Hawaii?
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)

Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

User avatar
DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4477
Joined: March 15th, 2004, 7:09 am
Location: USA,Florida
Contact:

Postby DeWayneTN » August 25th, 2004, 10:30 am

Okay, we should be safe now.

I was so ready for Colin to spend some good time in the slammer. What a jerk! He is a hothead! And then Christie winds up apologizing to him later for not supporting. Psshhawww!

Glad that no one was eliminated last night (although I would loved to see Colin lose). I like this bunch. Rooting for Chip & Kim and Brandon & Nicole. Sorry, but the bowling moms and the twins are getting a little annoying. :?

So who is going to win? Although I don't want it, it leans more and more toward Colin and Christie every week. They have a knack for turning their luck around.
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)

Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

User avatar
Sherry
Moderator
Posts: 5731
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 6:13 pm
Location: USA,Texas
Contact:

Postby Sherry » August 25th, 2004, 10:42 am

I have no idea DeWayne....but I do know it's 3:24 pm Wednesday so it's safe to talk about it NOW!!!! Image

Last nights Amazing Race was so good!! Colin was almost thrown into Jail...believe me he deserved it!!! He wouldn't pay his taxi driver the promised $100 for the ride because they got a flat, and had no spare, the spare was on the front...LOL. He paid the driver only $50, The driver refused to take it, and brought along a policeman! But ole Colin's mouth and pride was going full force, he ended up at the police station. He was extremely lucky he got out of that country if you ask me. He is so rude and abusive to everone and especially to his g/f, I thought he at least deserved a good old fashion butt kickin! Image

I was happy Chip and Kim made it!! Got hairy for them when they didn't have enough money for the cab!!! I personally think the cab driver didn't know what to think about that big guy hugging him!! :shock: I really hope they win it all!!!

The bowling Moms did it again!! Don't count those two out! Who says middle aged, pleasantly plump mommas can't hang with the youngun's!!! I really like those two. Even though I love Chip and Kim...if they don't win, I would like the moms too, for all us moms!!! Think they'd share??? :roll: :lol:

Brandon and Nicole, well, Nicole is showing what a spoiled brat she really is. Brandon I believe is really a good, honest guy. Nicole.....well....... :roll:

The twins got lucky!! Let's see how they do with no money in the desert!! That will be interesting!!

Ok, that's my recap...I feel better....


Return to “Entertainment”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Login  •  Register