College Football

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

TC
Hey, hey, hey
Posts: 1922
Joined: February 20th, 2003, 5:00 pm
Location: "the Ville" ky

Postby TC » October 15th, 2005, 6:26 am

I agree that the kids should be allowed to leave, BUT HEY when has the NCAA actually did anything for the kids? When it comes to football they know that the anyteam that would lose 10+ kids it could KILL a program for several years...

THE MAIN PROBLEM with the kittens in football is they are trying to have a power porgram in two years. They make mistakes (off the field) and then blame thier losses on the "mistakes" or the probation they got.

The problem is they are more worried about the excuses after a loss than the LOSS. They think that they are SUCH A GREAT program that EVERY COACH in the country would give their first born just to interview for the Job. It is funny to hear the "names" that the blue koolaide drinkers are saying will be their next coach. Successful college and Pro Coaches leaving their Team to be with those wonderful pussycats.

WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE .... is for the Kittens to get a list of coaches (assistant coaches) that are interested, THEN sign the best you can get for a LONG TERM DEAL(and stick to that deal) . THEN instead of trying to get teams on the schedule you can WIN... DO like other programs that want to win do... be willing to play ANY team ANY WHERE. AND then learn from the losses. When Howard was at Miami and Louisville and now at FAM he is doing the same. YES each of those teams lost some games and some lost some very bad. BUT there were some that they were competitive and their came a point they would win a few. When that happens then you can build a team... The fans should not EXPECT wins they should expect steady improvement.

All of the Big boys (UT/ALA/Michigan/OSU ect.. ) were not built over a three year period. They get rid of Brooks and then that are the same place they were 3 years ago... ky is not a place that can afford to go back 3 years every 3 years...

User avatar
Rob
Hey, hey, hey
Posts: 1605
Joined: April 14th, 2004, 4:59 am
Location: USA,Kentucky

Postby Rob » October 17th, 2005, 8:11 am

Wow, what an incredible weekend of college football!!! USC beating ND in the last few seconds, even if Bush did push Leinart into the end zone. Michigan knocking off Penn St. on the final play of the game. Bama, with a last second FG to beat Ole Miss. UVA beating FSU. Minnesota muffing a punt to give Wisconsin a win. UCLA in OT knocking off Wash. St and staying unbeaten. Finally WVU in triple OT knocking of UL (welcome to the Big East) to take an early lead in that conference. How about Mich. St. coaches blowing a last second FG opportunity in the 1st half, OSU blocks and scores and turns the mo to OSU who ends up winning the game.

Any other thoughts about this weekend's games?
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

TC
Hey, hey, hey
Posts: 1922
Joined: February 20th, 2003, 5:00 pm
Location: "the Ville" ky

Postby TC » October 17th, 2005, 11:11 am

OK this it NOT an excuse thread. We LOST, Not because of a few bad calls but because we could not execute our game plan.

The first 3quarters UofL ripped WVU (I was shocked I had seen them play and they did not look that bad) But the biggest part of the Thrid and almost the entire 4th WVU had the ball, They kept it out of UofL's offense hands. And the our D did not have big holes that could would allow big plays, Our guys were there but they could not tackle a wet paper bag. That is not common.


(welcome to the Big East)

I take that means welcome to the Big East where the REFS STINK. UoL has had two BE games the first they blew the whistle on some of the strangest calls. It was like they were trying to say something like... "see we are soooooo good we get all of the little picky calls other miss"

BUT the blown onsides kick thing is a Joke. I am no WHIZ but even I knew that you had to allow the player to attempt to catch the ball. If the call they made was correct then WHEN EVER you kicked... as long as the ball went 10 yards you could tackle the player before the ball even gets there and YOU GET THE BALL. If the reciever/ returner touched it and then they tackled him that would be one thing. BUT I could not beleive that the Refs didn't even know the rule. AND that the "replay" offical knew it but it was not a reviewable call. WHY HAVE THE REPLAY if it is not used on a game changing play in the fourth.

I was so Ticked I didn't even get on the net...DIDN'T want to be reminded of it. WELL today I got on I get this story http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051017/SPORTS02/51017013

The Big East Conference has acknowledged that game officials blew a call on an onside kick in the fourth quarter of the University of Louisville football team's 46-44 triple-overtime loss at West Virginia on Saturday....
"We're acknowledging that the officials missed a call," said Big East associate commissioner John Paquette. "We're not putting out a statement or anything, but we have acknowledged that."...


We are not going to make a "statement" but we are admitting we screwed up (what kind of bull is that?)

That's great. I guess we get our $15 million, BCS bid, top 20 ranking and enhanced recruiting back now. THAT statement will it be an astrisk by the score? Thanks for nothing Big East refs. And I thought C-USA officiating was bad.

THE ONLY TWO GOOD things about SPORTS this past week was that UT didn't play ANd Tony Stewart didn't win saturday night.

User avatar
dolfan
Established Member
Posts: 8016
Joined: March 17th, 2004, 1:25 pm
Location: USA,Alabama
Contact:

Postby dolfan » October 17th, 2005, 12:05 pm

I saw the Bama game, and what an ugly game it was. No excuses for Alabama looking forward to UT or coming off a bye week. They played poorly, and Ole Miss pinned their ears back and laid the wood on Alabama's O. Ole Miss deserved to win that game as much as Alabama did, but when it comes down to the wire, Tim Shelton's Rule of Consolation is normally the deal: The Team That Should Win Usually Does. Lucky breaks, blown calls, mysterious resettings of clocks, whatever. It just happens that way in the overwhelming majority of games.

Now, this weekend is THE game of the year, as far as I'm concerned. If Bama beats UT, whatever wins we get afterward will be gravy for me. If we lose to UT, any further wins -- even against Auburn -- would be much less sweet. I don't even want to think about SEC Championship or bowls. I want to beat Tennessee. I don't care if by an inch or by a mile. I just want to win. We'll play LSU and Auburn in time. But, for now, I'm hoping that they'll be ready to play the quality of game they played against SC and Florida. UT will be ready, you can believe that. This will be the most important game of the rest of the year for Fulmer and the Vols. They want it as much as we do. Let's get it on.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

User avatar
dalebert
Woohoo!
Posts: 1324
Joined: April 5th, 2004, 6:34 am
Location: USA,Ohio
Contact:

Postby dalebert » October 17th, 2005, 1:52 pm

i thought this was one of the most exciting week ends of College football im seen in a long time...great games all around....good stuff....!!!

User avatar
Rob
Hey, hey, hey
Posts: 1605
Joined: April 14th, 2004, 4:59 am
Location: USA,Kentucky

Postby Rob » October 18th, 2005, 3:04 am

[quote="TC"]OK this it NOT an excuse thread. We LOST, Not because of a few bad calls but because we could not execute our game plan.

reading the rest of your thread I would hate to see you start giving excuses. Because all you talked about was the bad calls? So which was it Tony, UL lost because they couldn't execute or because of a few bad calls?

Since when did refs make tackles or lack there of? Since when did refs call defensive assignments or offensive plays?
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

User avatar
turbotim
I can see clearly now!
Posts: 2156
Joined: March 2nd, 2003, 5:11 pm
Location: USA,Mississippi

Postby turbotim » October 18th, 2005, 7:28 am

dolfan wrote:I saw the Bama game, and what an ugly game it was. No excuses for Alabama looking forward to UT or coming off a bye week. They played poorly, and Ole Miss pinned their ears back and laid the wood on Alabama's O. Ole Miss deserved to win that game as much as Alabama did, but when it comes down to the wire, Tim Shelton's Rule of Consolation is normally the deal: The Team That Should Win Usually Does. Lucky breaks, blown calls, mysterious resettings of clocks, whatever. It just happens that way in the overwhelming majority of games.


It was a great game. Ole Miss kept Brody and Bama out of rhythm- key to success against a great Bama team. My best friend and I watched the whole game. (couldn't move an inch the whole time). I thought Ole Miss' defense showed a lot of strut that game. But Bama came out with the "W". Great game none the less....


dolfan wrote:Now, this weekend is THE game of the year, as far as I'm concerned. If Bama beats UT, whatever wins we get afterward will be gravy for me. If we lose to UT, any further wins -- even against Auburn -- would be much less sweet. I don't even want to think about SEC Championship or bowls. I want to beat Tennessee. I don't care if by an inch or by a mile. I just want to win. We'll play LSU and Auburn in time. But, for now, I'm hoping that they'll be ready to play the quality of game they played against SC and Florida. UT will be ready, you can believe that. This will be the most important game of the rest of the year for Fulmer and the Vols. They want it as much as we do. Let's get it on.


I hope they beat UT too.. I think Bama will be on all cylindars this time. They aren't looking past UT especially with the scare from Ole Miss. They'll be ready and they'll beat UT.

I'm looking forward to State playing Saturday. I'm really impressed with Coach Croom.... I really like him. Go.... State.... GO STATE!!!
Tim Cook------> Proud Daddy and Husband

Jesus is my ROCK!!

ImageImage

my space

TC
Hey, hey, hey
Posts: 1922
Joined: February 20th, 2003, 5:00 pm
Location: "the Ville" ky

Postby TC » October 18th, 2005, 9:40 am

It is not an excuse, UofL did not tackle well at all. If the Bad Calls were not called would it have made a difference... WHO KNOWS.

BUT when instead of having the ball on the 45 Plus the 5 or 10 yards they would have gotten on the penality (depending on which flag they actually used) You give the ball to the other team, You give it to them and they use that drive to tie the score and run the clock out. giving the ball back to UofL with less than a min on the clock. So UofL would have a chance at having the ball for MORE than 3 mins out of the last 15

UofL's problems are they have no clue how to play with the lead or when they are losing. They have no clue how to work the clock. They should NEVER try to sit on a lead. AND they worry too much about the scoreboard instead of playing every play every snap to WIN that one play and then doing it again on the next snap.

I have no PROBLEM losing a game...IF you LOSE the game and it is not on the REFs making a bad call or NOT making a call.


Return to “Entertainment”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Login  •  Register