LOST - the new season

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator

LOST - the new season

Postby Pastor Gary » January 23rd, 2009, 12:09 am

Okay -- I finally got a chance to see the Season opener we DVRed the other night. I waited until Tori could watch it with me, and she has Theatre almost every night. ANYway...

GREAT episode. Kept me going "Who is THAT??" throughout as I tried to remember characters and connections.

One funny one, for us. About halfway through there was a traffic stop, with Hurley driving Sayid, supposedly in California, but they clearly showed the sign for "Windward Auto Spa" in the background, and didn't even try to blur it out. :lol: :lol: That is on Kahuhipa Street, right here in Kaneohe, 2.31 miles from my front door. :lol:

There were several other locations we recognized, which is kind of a game we play when watching.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

Shellie
Site Admin

Postby Shellie » January 23rd, 2009, 12:55 am

I think it is a great name for a show because I've never been able to watch it without being totally lost. :wink:
There never was a horse that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

Pastor Gary

Lost

Postby Pastor Gary » January 23rd, 2009, 1:05 am

Shellie wrote:I think it is a great name for a show because I've never been able to watch it without being totally lost. :wink:

...and, yet, you can keep up with 24?? :shock:
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

Shellie
Site Admin

Postby Shellie » January 23rd, 2009, 1:47 am

and, yet, you can keep up with 24??

LOL...good point. The only thing I can tell you is that Keifer isn't in Lost. :D

On the serious side, someone told me that if I would have watched Lost from the beginning, I would have been alright. Maybe?
There never was a horse that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

rjc
I can see clearly now!

Postby rjc » January 23rd, 2009, 6:15 pm

Shellie wrote:
and, yet, you can keep up with 24??

LOL...good point. The only thing I can tell you is that Keifer isn't in Lost. :D

On the serious side, someone told me that if I would have watched Lost from the beginning, I would have been alright. Maybe?

I've watched from the beginning and just when I think I have it figured out...off they go in another direction. I really enjoy this program.
rjc

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Ilovebigcats
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Ilovebigcats » January 23rd, 2009, 6:53 pm

I love this show!! I haven't missed an episode!

Although... I feel like I have forgotten or missed something... who was the old lady at the end?? She looked familiar and I feel like I should know.... they always save a good moment for the end.. I can't figure it out or find it online. :?

Pastor Gary

Ahem

Postby Pastor Gary » January 23rd, 2009, 10:18 pm

Ilovebigcats wrote:I love this show!! I haven't missed an episode!

Although... I feel like I have forgotten or missed something... who was the old lady at the end?? She looked familiar and I feel like I should know.... they always save a good moment for the end.. I can't figure it out or find it online. :?

That lady writing the equation on the board in the cliffhanger is Ms. Hawking, the woman who told Desmond that he had to ditch his planned proposal to go to the island to save the world.

Glad to help. :wink:

Ilovebigcats
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Ilovebigcats » January 23rd, 2009, 11:13 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... yes!! Thanks!!!!

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

Postby Full Quiver » January 24th, 2009, 1:19 pm

I am LOST simply because one has to wait an entire year or a long time anyway between seasons. Most shows start around Labor day and run until summer. Lost starts in January of course and runs till summer.

Ilovebigcats
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Ilovebigcats » January 28th, 2009, 9:16 pm

Gary hasn't watched it yet so I wont say anything other than.. this episode was AWESOME! Lots of interesting info!!! AHHHH!!! This show is EXCELLENT.

turbotim
I can see clearly now!

Postby turbotim » February 2nd, 2009, 9:25 am

This show is great.. I am enjoying it..... Wow, and the... well, I don't want to say anything just in case it hasn't been seen by some.. But it's fantastic. :D
Tim Cook------> Proud Daddy and Husband

Jesus is my ROCK!!

ImageImage

my space

TW
Established Member

Postby TW » February 2nd, 2009, 4:37 pm

I just want to know how Richard does it. Everybody else can look like they have been mud wrestling in a sauna, and Richard looks like he just stepped out of the pages of Gentlemen's Quarterly.

This was a good episode, however I did note one inconstant detail.
*Hint: It's the M18A1*
Now you figure out what is wrong. :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

TW
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/

turbotim
I can see clearly now!

Postby turbotim » February 3rd, 2009, 3:53 am

It came out in 1960 and the time frame the show used it in was 1954. Good eye there TW.. You da man... Didn't notice myself..
Tim Cook------> Proud Daddy and Husband

Jesus is my ROCK!!

ImageImage

my space

TW
Established Member

Postby TW » February 3rd, 2009, 4:32 am

It actually did not see deployment until the summer of 1966. At that time I was in the First Brigade, 25th Inf. Div., Cu Chi Viet Nam. We were amoung the first to be issued Claymores.

TW
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/

Billy n NC

Postby Billy n NC » February 3rd, 2009, 5:20 am

Hey the way that island is bouncing back and forth in time they could end up with weapons from the Terminator and not miss a beat.. LOL

Love it.. The writers are so creative.
Billy Broach
Ebroach Services
http://www.ebroach.net/mediatech/

Bringing Media Technologies to God's Church Familes

Skype Name is ebroachnnc AIM is broachb

Return to “Entertainment”