Felix the Phenom

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Paully_44
Established Member

Felix the Phenom

Postby Paully_44 » August 16th, 2005, 4:28 am

So the Seattle Mariners season went into the tank about 4 months ago. Yes, I struggle with my allegiance to rooting for them. Every season, I can't wait for spring training and the slate to be wiped clean. I root for them every year and will not cease now. One of these days, my 2 most favorite teams will play in the World Series, Seattle vs S.F.

In the mean time, if you are a Seattle sports fan, you look for the bright spots. Last year we had Ichiro chasing the most hits record. This year we had Blubber Baby Boone getting let go and crying on TV. Then our 19 year pitching phenom gets called up. Felix Hernandez. Since being called up, his record is 2-1 with a 0.86 ERA. Last night he struck out 11.
This kid will be fun to watch for a long time.
Let the wild rumpus start!

EagerBeaver
--== J2 ==--

Postby EagerBeaver » August 16th, 2005, 7:19 am

And NOBODY in my fantasy league picked him up.

Because Felix has been pitching so wonderful, I now have a real reason to root for the Mariners every five games.
Chris Brewer - My Website

Darling
Woohoo!

Postby Darling » August 16th, 2005, 8:03 am

Of course I am a "Marineers" fan. They are my home team and I will continue to cheer them on. But don't you love this new kid on the block? He looks like he's thrown that ball for a long time and I agree, Paul, it'll be fun to watch him throughout the seasons.

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » August 18th, 2005, 3:35 am

The Illustrious M's just swept the lowly KC royals... thank God!!
Now, wasnt it the Royals that swept the Yankees a few months back AT Yankee stadium??? :wink:

ImaPK
-= J2 =-

Postby ImaPK » August 18th, 2005, 12:31 pm

Paully_44 wrote:The Illustrious M's just swept the lowly KC royals... thank God!!
Now, wasnt it the Royals that swept the Yankees a few months back AT Yankee stadium??? :wink:

And wasn't it the Yankees who SWEPT the Mariners a few months back IN SEATTLE? :wink:
People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. Author Unknown.

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » August 18th, 2005, 7:37 pm

ImaPK wrote:
Paully_44 wrote:The Illustrious M's just swept the lowly KC royals... thank God!!

And wasn't it the Yankees who SWEPT the Mariners a few months back IN SEATTLE? :wink:

Yeah, but the Coors SilverSluggers could sweep the M's this year. Not that big of deal... unfortunately

Return to “Entertainment”