College Football

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

User avatar
dalebert
Woohoo!
Posts: 1324
Joined: April 5th, 2004, 6:34 am
Location: USA,Ohio
Contact:

College Football

Postby dalebert » August 21st, 2005, 12:53 pm

Ok the season is about to start.....I am an Ohio State Buckeye fan...thru and thru...I think they have a Great chance for the national champs. What do u think or what team do u like?

TC
Hey, hey, hey
Posts: 1922
Joined: February 20th, 2003, 5:00 pm
Location: "the Ville" ky

Postby TC » August 21st, 2005, 2:21 pm

I don't see OSU winning the big ten, which will stop them from the NC.

My teams are University of Louisville Cardinals and University of Tennessee.

UT has a good shot at a titile this year, most of the players are young and they got burned last year so they will be wanting revenge.

UofL is BCS this year and has a good shot at an undefeated season which will be a BCS Bowl but they will not have a shot at the NC. most polls have them 6 to 14 and to get the NC you have to have everyone lose early and you go undefeated and you really need to be in the top 5 to start the season to have a real shot at the NC unless all of the top teams lose. TAKE Auburn, they go undefeated but so low in the polls they had no chance at the Title

User avatar
amydawn
Hey, hey, hey
Posts: 1804
Joined: August 26th, 2003, 3:48 am
Location: USA,Ohio

Re: College Football

Postby amydawn » August 21st, 2005, 2:50 pm

...
Last edited by amydawn on August 22nd, 2005, 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TW
Established Member
Posts: 8866
Joined: November 4th, 2004, 3:38 pm
Location: USA,Georgia
Contact:

Postby TW » August 21st, 2005, 2:52 pm

Sorry everybody, but, there a storm brewing - - - GO 'CANES!



TW
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/

User avatar
Ginger
Whoa!!
Whoa!!
Posts: 476
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 4:44 pm
Location: N.C.

Postby Ginger » August 21st, 2005, 3:37 pm

[quote="TW"]Sorry everybody, but, there a storm brewing - - - GO 'CANES!

They got to get by Fla. St. first. :lol:
I can do all things through Christ!

User avatar
scooter
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4976
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 3:58 pm
Location: USA,Florida

Postby scooter » August 21st, 2005, 3:49 pm

Ginger wrote:
TW wrote:Sorry everybody, but, there a storm brewing - - - GO 'CANES!

They got to get by Fla. St. first. :lol:


Response: Hurricanes have a bad habit of beating up on Florida! :shock:

Go Vols! 8)

Now I guess we will be moved to the sports forum.
What we need here is a good revival! lol

User avatar
Mole_J
I can see clearly now!
Posts: 2434
Joined: August 22nd, 2003, 9:56 am
Location: USA,Virginia
Contact:

Postby Mole_J » August 21st, 2005, 3:59 pm

Virginia should be very good this year also. Al Groh has done a great job of recruiting and building this team up over the last few years. I am very ready for football season 8)

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4632
Joined: June 25th, 2004, 4:34 pm
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby Full Quiver » August 21st, 2005, 4:19 pm

The Canes will have to survive the ACC first.
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

User avatar
dalebert
Woohoo!
Posts: 1324
Joined: April 5th, 2004, 6:34 am
Location: USA,Ohio
Contact:

Postby dalebert » August 21st, 2005, 4:30 pm

I don't see OSU winning the big ten, which will stop them from the NC.


You must be a democrate???????? :lol: :P :twisted:

User avatar
dalebert
Woohoo!
Posts: 1324
Joined: April 5th, 2004, 6:34 am
Location: USA,Ohio
Contact:

Postby dalebert » August 21st, 2005, 4:32 pm

Sorry everybody, but, there a storm brewing - - - GO 'CANES


Well u know what they say about storms.....go to the closest cellar!!!...hehe :lol: :o :P :twisted:

User avatar
Worshipn4ever
Needs Decaf
Posts: 231
Joined: August 19th, 2005, 5:08 am
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

All I have to say about that is...

Postby Worshipn4ever » August 22nd, 2005, 6:31 am

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
Love: when a small hand grabs your own, looks up at you and says "SAVE ME FROM THE MONSTER!", you pick them up (along with 2 dolls and a small panda) and they lay their head on your shoulder, then say, "I love you". All because you "saved" them.

User avatar
dolfan
Established Member
Posts: 8016
Joined: March 17th, 2004, 1:25 pm
Location: USA,Alabama
Contact:

Re: All I have to say about that is...

Postby dolfan » August 22nd, 2005, 7:31 am

Worshipn4ever wrote:ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!


The Lord Jesus loves you. RTR.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

User avatar
MrDanger
I like flapjacks.
Posts: 3699
Joined: March 2nd, 2004, 6:02 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Re: All I have to say about that is...

Postby MrDanger » August 22nd, 2005, 8:23 am

Worshipn4ever wrote:ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!


Oh the blasphemy of it all....having a Tennessean rooting for the enemy.
"Students are encouraged to mingle with the midgets." - Mr. Jones' 1st Block Class

User avatar
rough_rider
I can see clearly now!
Posts: 2251
Joined: September 9th, 2003, 4:15 am
Location: USA,Ohio

Re: College Football

Postby rough_rider » August 22nd, 2005, 8:38 am

dalebert wrote:Ok the season is about to start.....I am an Ohio State Buckeye fan...thru and thru...I think they have a Great chance for the national champs. What do u think or what team do u like?

I can tell you this, Ohio State is a bunch of worthless nuts.... :wink:
Miami (OH) GO REDHAWKS!!!!!!! :P
In the presence of Jehovah, God almighty, Prince of peace.
Troubles vanish, hearts are mended, in the presence of
The King.
ImageImage . Image .Image

User avatar
Paully_44
Established Member
Posts: 7480
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 4:20 am
Location: USA,Washington

Postby Paully_44 » August 22nd, 2005, 3:07 pm

UW Huskies. Puple & Gold flow thru my veins. Unfortunately, this will be another true FAN season. They are not expected to do much. "Rebuilding" under 1st year coach, Tyronne Willingham.
Let the wild rumpus start!


Return to “Entertainment”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Login  •  Register