FREE GIVEAWAY/WANTED website - www.freecycle.org

Ideas, trends, staff needs, equipment... all the things related to church leadership, pastoring and operations. (Combining the contents of several older forums.)

Moderators: Pastor Gary, Jennifer Smith, Billy n NC, justsam, pastorables, darylscook

Pianoman
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...

FREE GIVEAWAY/WANTED website - www.freecycle.org

Postby Pianoman » June 12th, 2008, 8:12 am

Don't know if anyone has tried http://www.freecycle.org/ - but it's a neat way to get rid of stuff. You post items you want to give away - or post items that you are looking for & people respond that are interested - all for free.

I had some OLD computers (several that didn't work) I was getting ready to haul to the dump & saw this site on a local news segment. I posted the info (and did mention that they didn't work) & had at least 10 people within the first 6 hours that offered to come & haul them off for free. The site helps you find a local group in your area. Could be a neat way to get rid of old stuff at your church - or find something your church needs.

On the local news segment a teacher needed a sewing machine for a class she was teaching & someone gave her one. The concept is to try to get people to recycle stuff as opposed to sending to the landfill. I've actually seen quite a few decent items on our local site.

Return to “Preacher/Teacher Pages”