Winter Retreat ideas

Ideas, trends, staff needs, equipment... all the things related to church leadership, pastoring and operations. (Combining the contents of several older forums.)

Moderators: Pastor Gary, Jennifer Smith, Billy n NC, justsam, pastorables, darylscook

ErinNicole
Needs a LIFE
Posts: 115
Joined: August 30th, 2003, 4:56 am
Location: USA,Illinois
Contact:

Winter Retreat ideas

Postby ErinNicole » September 13th, 2005, 7:15 pm

I'm directing the first winter retreat for IL/WI in several years this January. I don't really know what I'm doing. Any one have any advice or ideas they could pass on to me? I'm trying right now to figure out a schedule. I can't decide if I should have a class or a fun time or what. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

-Erin

User avatar
Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 10475
Joined: January 28th, 2003, 9:03 pm
Location: USA,Hawaii
Contact:

Winter

Postby Pastor Gary » September 14th, 2005, 12:03 am

Winter… what is this strange thing?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

User avatar
Paully_44
Established Member
Posts: 7480
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 4:20 am
Location: USA,Washington

Re: Winter

Postby Paully_44 » September 14th, 2005, 5:28 am

Pastor Gary wrote:Winter… what is this strange thing?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


cold rain as opposed to warm rain. :cry:
Let the wild rumpus start!

User avatar
stevenson
I can see clearly now!
Posts: 2214
Joined: February 9th, 2004, 2:44 pm
Location: USA,Ohio

Postby stevenson » September 14th, 2005, 1:00 pm

Winter? Where I live it means 3 to 4 feet of snow, 4 wheel drive trucks, and with the current price of fuel oil, almost $900 a month to heat my home!

As for your question about winter retreat. Our 's is directed by Pastor Mike White of Mansfield, Ohio. I'm sure you can find his phone number on the net and give him a call. He's great at organizing these things and I'm sure he would love to help.
"No, I am just telling you what the Word says" -Vestal Goodman

Oneway Ministries

User avatar
Worshipn4ever
Needs Decaf
Posts: 231
Joined: August 19th, 2005, 5:08 am
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

I'm with Bro. Gary...

Postby Worshipn4ever » September 19th, 2005, 6:43 am

Winter? I wish in the south we got a SERIOUS winter. I can't stand it..."the low tonight will be around 32" GEEZ...we barely get a freeze! COME ON!!! Although we do get that unlike Bro. Gary...but this is the torment I get for being hot natured...my parents tell me I'm hot natured with a cold heart...how's that for love? :roll: eh...love em anyways.

and here's my randomness...I'M AN AUNT!!! :D :D :D
Love: when a small hand grabs your own, looks up at you and says "SAVE ME FROM THE MONSTER!", you pick them up (along with 2 dolls and a small panda) and they lay their head on your shoulder, then say, "I love you". All because you "saved" them.


Return to “Preacher/Teacher Pages”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login  •  Register