TV Guardian

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

What about TV Guardian

I use it and love it!
10
43%
I've heard of it but can't aford it
3
13%
I've head of it but don't think it's appropriate
2
9%
What is TV Guardian?
8
35%
 
Total votes: 23

DaJudge
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4477
Joined: June 10th, 2004, 3:33 am
Location: USA,Georgia

Postby DaJudge » August 25th, 2004, 2:31 am

My mother in law bought one of the WalMart DVD guardians, and it doesn't work worth a flip. We noticed that it was bleeping out half of the movie we were watching (which was a pretty clean movie with few cuss words). So the test it, we put in my niece's Cinderella 2 DVD (which of course has no profanity at all in it), and the stupid thing bleeped half of it out, too!!! Finally we got fed up with the thing and turned the guardian feature off altogether.

Oh, and about Sinbad, did you guys know that his Dad is a preacher. I heard that's why he doesn't cuss, because he doesn't want to disappoint his Dad. We went to see him in concert and he was just hilarious.

User avatar
MacUser
Established Member
Posts: 6224
Joined: July 13th, 2004, 4:55 am
Location: USA,Mississippi

Postby MacUser » August 25th, 2004, 4:15 am

I can never remember to buy one... but always slap myself when we do briefly turn to network TV channel (with kids) say for some odd thing advertised - we mostly keep on Discovery (gotta watch out for the biker shows!), TLC, HGTV, FoxNews - because it blows our minds just how ugly the commercials even are, forget the horrible programming. I'm hearing it doesn't filter these.

Creating 30 secs. commercials myself... it takes no talent to do crude or vulgar.

Maybe I'm out of touch. If so, I'll stay that way.
Chris -

... Behold, the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world!
John 1:29

User avatar
pastorables
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4748
Joined: February 9th, 2004, 10:01 am
Location: USA, Alabama
Contact:

Postby pastorables » August 25th, 2004, 8:19 am

DaJudge wrote:My mother in law bought one of the WalMart DVD guardians, and it doesn't work worth a flip. We noticed that it was bleeping out half of the movie...


Judge,

Could it be that you have it on strictest setting? Our Guardian has various settings. When placed on strictest setting, it will actually make it virtually impossible to follow even a sermon with closed captioning. On strictest setting, commonly used words such as Jesus, God, ball, and stink can be bleeped due to the fact that they can be used in curse slang, etc.... We have always enjoyed the Guardian. If you have the option to change settings, place it on the moderate setting.

pastorables

User avatar
pastorables
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4748
Joined: February 9th, 2004, 10:01 am
Location: USA, Alabama
Contact:

Postby pastorables » November 22nd, 2006, 8:02 pm

VolPastor wrote:There is another product that I recently discovered that allows you to cut out foul language, gore, and sex. You can pick one, two, or all three of these items. It is not based on closed captioning. It is software based. You can go to www.clearplay.com for more information.

VolPastor


Have you tried the Clear Play System?

Thanks,
pa

jtimson3
Frequent Flyer
Posts: 30
Joined: June 30th, 2006, 9:34 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby jtimson3 » November 24th, 2006, 6:03 pm

We have protecttv. It is just like the guardian. Our State Overseer allowed a salesman to sell them at our State Convention. I bought them for every home my children visit. My mom and dad do not have children at home anymore, but my dad tells everyone they need a cuss box :)
You can purchase one at protecttv.com. It is a little cheaper than the guardian.
God loves you...but I am His favorite!

jtimson3
Frequent Flyer
Posts: 30
Joined: June 30th, 2006, 9:34 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby jtimson3 » November 24th, 2006, 6:11 pm

I just attempted to look up protectv and they have gone out of business. That is so sad to me. It was only $35 compared to the guardian's price of $99. Oh well, everyone needs a cuss box (that is what my dad calls it.)
God loves you...but I am His favorite!


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Login  •  Register