IYC

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

User avatar
MrDanger
I like flapjacks.
Posts: 3699
Joined: March 2nd, 2004, 6:02 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

IYC

Postby MrDanger » July 24th, 2008, 5:08 pm

Kimmy and I just got home a little bit ago from IYC. Met a lot of awesome individuals and had a great time with old friends.

It was great spending time with Just Jay (of Jude2 fame). He and his lovely wife are awesome people. I hated our time together was over so soon. Let me brag on Jay for a second. Every year the staff works there tale ends off cleaning and usually the campers act like we are in their way. Jay gave up his free time to help with cleaning. He was a blessing! Thanks Jay.

Jay and Bess Croyle (Overseers of Penn.) I wish all leaders in all walks of life understood servant leadership like they do. Wonderful people. If I ever do grow up, I think I might want to be just like Jay. Except it takes him too long to eat apples. HA! :D

Gary Smith (we missed you Cynthia) is the epitome of someone with a pastor's heart. I deeply respect this man.

John Young from Mississippi. The hardest working man I know. People would have to be fools not to see the incredible value you are to the Body of Christ. You are a gift from God.

Florida, you are blessed to have within your borders Tim Lightborn. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard at a church function till I met this man.

Kirk deserves a special thank you for putting up with the junk Cindy Chapman put in the newspaper. I felt bad about all the rumors she typed about you....especially when I was giving her some. And by the way, I didn't hear it from him so it must not be true.

I met wonderful people from Oklahoma, Washington, Virginia and Georgia. My life is much better for meeting them. :D

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, i met a guy with the last name of Cook. He wouldn't happen to be anyone from Jude 2's dad would he?
"Students are encouraged to mingle with the midgets." - Mr. Jones' 1st Block Class

User avatar
DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4477
Joined: March 15th, 2004, 7:09 am
Location: USA,Florida
Contact:

Postby DeWayneTN » July 25th, 2008, 4:26 am

Thanks for the report, Jeff. Sounds like fun!
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)
Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

User avatar
teach
I can see clearly now!
Posts: 2829
Joined: April 25th, 2006, 6:14 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby teach » July 25th, 2008, 4:45 am

my daddy was there! Did you see a man who only had one hand? If so, that is my daddy!


and you are right, John Junior is very hardworking!!!!!!!!!


wendy k

User avatar
MacUser
Established Member
Posts: 6224
Joined: July 13th, 2004, 4:55 am
Location: USA,Mississippi

Postby MacUser » July 25th, 2008, 5:08 am

We had Just Jay/Suzanne and Rob Banks attend from here. Rob said it was great.
Chris -

... Behold, the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world!
John 1:29

User avatar
MrDanger
I like flapjacks.
Posts: 3699
Joined: March 2nd, 2004, 6:02 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby MrDanger » July 25th, 2008, 5:31 am

teach wrote:my daddy was there! Did you see a man who only had one hand? If so, that is my daddy!


wendy k


That would be the gentleman i was referring to in my last sentence. He's a great guy.

Macuser, Rob Banks won the name of the year award in my opinion. Cant think of a funnier name for a police officer. :lol: :lol:
"Students are encouraged to mingle with the midgets." - Mr. Jones' 1st Block Class

User avatar
DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4477
Joined: March 15th, 2004, 7:09 am
Location: USA,Florida
Contact:

Postby DeWayneTN » July 25th, 2008, 5:36 am

MrDanger wrote: Macuser, Rob Banks won the name of the year award in my opinion. Cant think of a funnier name for a police officer. :lol: :lol:


That's hilarious! Would be the name of the century if it weren't for dear ole Mr. Butts.
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)

Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

User avatar
teach
I can see clearly now!
Posts: 2829
Joined: April 25th, 2006, 6:14 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby teach » July 25th, 2008, 7:19 am

MrDanger wrote:
teach wrote:my daddy was there! Did you see a man who only had one hand? If so, that is my daddy!


wendy k


That would be the gentleman i was referring to in my last sentence. He's a great guy.


yup, he is a great guy!

wendy k

User avatar
JustJay
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...
Posts: 298
Joined: March 3rd, 2006, 4:41 pm
Location: USA,Mississippi
Contact:

IYC

Postby JustJay » July 25th, 2008, 8:15 am

yes, It was finally good to see MrDanger and Kimmy in person. Actually, MrDanger and I were in a wedding 20 years ago together(has it been that long?) Someone on here calls MrDanger "jeffy" so I caught myself calling him that.

As far as the cleaning up, that's what I do. (do unto others...)

MrDanger taught a class called "teaching with a stick", my wife loved the class due to the free candy. :lol: She said the class was great.

Teach, I laughed till I hurt at your dad. He bunked by me.

God really did something for me in my life that I needed.

I met new friends from all over.

Oh, and mrDanger must be working for WWPH since he tried to sell me Velvet Elvis and some videos by the same author. 8) I did buy the book and shall report about it here.

If you have a chance to go next year, GO!!!
Jay

User avatar
suzt
Needs Decaf
Posts: 240
Joined: September 18th, 2006, 8:36 am
Location: USA,Mississippi

Re: IYC

Postby suzt » July 25th, 2008, 12:03 pm

JustJay wrote:MrDanger taught a class called "teaching with a stick", my wife loved the class due to the free candy. :lol: She said the class was great.



ha! The class was excellent! The candy was just a bonus.

John Young has the ultimate servant's heart. He has been that way for as long as I have known him. There is no job too hard or too dirty or too insignificant for him. He just sees a need and does it.

I had an amazing time and I am still soaking up the things I learned. It was almost as if the whole camp was created exclusively for me. God spoke directly to my heart through so many people.
With God, all things are possible!!!

User avatar
stevenson
I can see clearly now!
Posts: 2214
Joined: February 9th, 2004, 2:44 pm
Location: USA,Ohio

Postby stevenson » July 25th, 2008, 3:08 pm

Jay and Bess Croyle

I've never met a Croyle I didn't like. I sat next to Bishop Croyle for an LDI in Worthington, Oh. Great Guy! But I also knew a relative of his that pastored in Cleveland, Ohio some years ago. That man left an impression on me that will last a lifetime. I only wish that he was still alive so that I could tell him how great of an influence he was on me. :cry:
"No, I am just telling you what the Word says" -Vestal Goodman

Oneway Ministries

User avatar
MrDanger
I like flapjacks.
Posts: 3699
Joined: March 2nd, 2004, 6:02 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby MrDanger » July 25th, 2008, 5:20 pm

Must be a family trait. Jay and Bess have blessed Kimmy and I so much over the last five years. During the year, we will often mention them. It always brings a smile to our face.
"Students are encouraged to mingle with the midgets." - Mr. Jones' 1st Block Class

DaJudge
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4477
Joined: June 10th, 2004, 3:33 am
Location: USA,Georgia

Postby DaJudge » July 25th, 2008, 5:23 pm

DeWayneTN wrote:
That's hilarious! Would be the name of the century if it weren't for dear ole Mr. Butts.


Yep, Harry and the ladies who accompanied him brought the house down didn't they? :lol:

User avatar
Worshipn4ever
Needs Decaf
Posts: 231
Joined: August 19th, 2005, 5:08 am
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

IYC...

Postby Worshipn4ever » July 26th, 2008, 5:14 am

Just Jay~ so...where all did you gator go without you? I think it kinda had a mind of it's own this past week...or maybe it just really wanted to play softball and was waiting on you to get there to play with it...

I enjoyed ALL the messages...but just a random bit that Kirk's message was one of the things a couple of my friends and I have been talking about. Getting back to the fundamentals of Christ. Great stuff.

And Communion...geez...one of the BEST messages I've heard Palma speak...

And worship...I'll just put it this way...June is STINKIN' AWESOME!!! I've learned so much from that woman...Love her greatly...and who is holier her or Morais? ;)

All of my girls were awesome...and I already miss you all. :)
Love: when a small hand grabs your own, looks up at you and says "SAVE ME FROM THE MONSTER!", you pick them up (along with 2 dolls and a small panda) and they lay their head on your shoulder, then say, "I love you". All because you "saved" them.

User avatar
MrDanger
I like flapjacks.
Posts: 3699
Joined: March 2nd, 2004, 6:02 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Re: IYC...

Postby MrDanger » July 26th, 2008, 6:09 am

Worshipn4ever wrote:And worship...I'll just put it this way...June is STINKIN' AWESOME!!! I've learned so much from that woman...Love her greatly...and who is holier her or Morais? ;)


I actually think they are the same person. One could not be holier than the other one.
"Students are encouraged to mingle with the midgets." - Mr. Jones' 1st Block Class

User avatar
JustJay
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...
Posts: 298
Joined: March 3rd, 2006, 4:41 pm
Location: USA,Mississippi
Contact:

wrong Jay

Postby JustJay » July 26th, 2008, 7:28 am

Worshipn4ever, you have the wrong Jay. I am not Jay Croyle. I was one of the goofballs at IYC.
Jay


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Login  •  Register