Dark times..

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

User avatar
Jennifer Smith
Moderator
Posts: 3745
Joined: June 23rd, 2003, 11:40 am
Location: USA,Indiana

Dark times..

Postby Jennifer Smith » September 20th, 2008, 6:35 am

When I went through the 60's history exhibit at a local museum (Bobby, JFK, and Martin LK were the actually the focus, but there was a timeline of news headlines of the 60's) I noticed how much negative news there was.

This left me with a question: do you think we are in "dark" times in America today, and, if so, what should our response as the church be? (Use scripture if you have one to add!)
..I press on to take hold of that
for which Christ took hold of me.
-Phil 3:12

User avatar
beckrl
Woohoo!
Posts: 1229
Joined: September 2nd, 2008, 12:17 pm
Location: USA,SouthCarolina

Postby beckrl » September 20th, 2008, 7:04 am

True the 60's has it negatives, but we as humans like that kind of stuff.
Remember some good times in the 60's what about NASA. History is a funny thing. Some times when we look back we only see the negatives.

What if we look back at our today 2008 what would be the focus?

Karen
Whoa!!
Whoa!!
Posts: 496
Joined: April 10th, 2006, 10:25 am
Location: USA,Virginia

Re: Dark times..

Postby Karen » September 20th, 2008, 7:46 pm

Jennifer Smith wrote:When I went through the 60's history exhibit at a local museum (Bobby, JFK, and Martin LK were the actually the focus, but there was a timeline of news headlines of the 60's) I noticed how much negative news there was.

This left me with a question: do you think we are in "dark" times in America today, and, if so, what should our response as the church be? (Use scripture if you have one to add!)


To me, there is no question that we are in dark times. I will go further....they are about to get much much darker. Our response as the people of God? Pray....wash our garments......proclaim him boldly.
Revelation 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints; those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Y’shua.

Revelation 22:12-13
“And behold, I am coming quickly, and my reward is with me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last. Blessed are those who do His Commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.”


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Login  •  Register