To Cheat or not to Cheat?

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

During High School, how would you rate your cheating habits?

I never cheated.
14
39%
I did my own work but let others copy off me. I know I was involved in cheating by doing that.
5
14%
I did my own work but let others copy off me. I do not consider it cheating.
0
No votes
I CHEATED!!!!!
17
47%
 
Total votes: 36

User avatar
MrDanger
I like flapjacks.
Posts: 3699
Joined: March 2nd, 2004, 6:02 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

To Cheat or not to Cheat?

Postby MrDanger » May 13th, 2005, 7:37 am

Over the last two days, I have caught five kids cheating in my Accounting class. Some of these kids are good, "God Fearin' children.
"Students are encouraged to mingle with the midgets." - Mr. Jones' 1st Block Class

User avatar
amydawn
Hey, hey, hey
Posts: 1804
Joined: August 26th, 2003, 3:48 am
Location: USA,Ohio

Postby amydawn » May 13th, 2005, 7:48 am

Uh, yeah, of course I cheated.

Never met a sin I didn't commit. Well, almost never.
Neutiquam erro

Ilovebigcats
---=== J2 ===---
Posts: 5044
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 6:58 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby Ilovebigcats » May 13th, 2005, 7:54 am

I only cheated on Homework. HOMEWORK should be a sin! I hated it! If I actually did it all myself it would have taken 3-4 hours everynight after school. I knew the material but copied others homework. We took turns on who would get it done so everyone else could copy. :P

User avatar
DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4477
Joined: March 15th, 2004, 7:09 am
Location: USA,Florida
Contact:

Postby DeWayneTN » May 13th, 2005, 8:09 am

I don't know if I've shared this story here but I share it frequently as it's one of my favorites. If I have, please overlook it.

My freshman year of high school, the very last day of school was my Geography final exam. I had a borderline grade in there, maybe a D, and I knew that the exam could pull me to a C or fail me and have me repeat the class in summer school. I took the test and was beating myself up because of all the answers I knew I'd missed.

Our teacher had the answer key on her desk and allowed students to check their answers after it was finished. While there was commotion going on, I quickly put my scan tron answer sheet beside the answer key and began erasing and making changes. I changed around fifteen answers, thinking it would be good enough to help me out.

Much to my absolute horror, I soon realized that I had changed the answer key's answerst to match mine instead of vice versa. I knew if I fessed up and got a O on my exam, I would probably be in summer school. If I didn't, all the bright hard studiers might fail the test. It was a hard decision. What do you think I did?
Last edited by DeWayneTN on May 13th, 2005, 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)
Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

User avatar
Paully_44
Established Member
Posts: 7480
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 4:20 am
Location: USA,Washington

Postby Paully_44 » May 13th, 2005, 8:23 am

I had a Civics teacher in H.S that would leave the room during an exam. On his way out the door, he would say "You can copy answers from your friends or out of the book, but when I come back & see you cheating or others cheating off you.... you flunk."
Let the wild rumpus start!

User avatar
MrDanger
I like flapjacks.
Posts: 3699
Joined: March 2nd, 2004, 6:02 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby MrDanger » May 13th, 2005, 10:01 am

By the way, a student of mine came by my desk, looked over the top of my monitor to see what I had on there and replied, "You always have that Jewish site up on your screen, even when you are not in the room." I asked, "Jewish site?" He said, "Yeah, Jude 2. Isn't that Jewish?" :shock: :lol:
"Students are encouraged to mingle with the midgets." - Mr. Jones' 1st Block Class

User avatar
Believe
Frequent Flyer
Posts: 28
Joined: April 5th, 2005, 5:54 pm
Location: USA,Kentucky
Contact:

Postby Believe » May 13th, 2005, 10:46 am

I've cheated before, sure. :shock: :o

DeWayneTN wrote:...What do you think I did?


I don't know, what did you do? finish the story!

In Him,
Believe
Faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen. - Hebrews 11:1

Who new
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...
Posts: 444
Joined: October 5th, 2004, 6:02 am
Location: USA,Colorado

Postby Who new » May 13th, 2005, 10:48 am

Five is enough to suspect something widespread. Time to make an example if you haven't already done it.

User avatar
Shellie
Site Admin
Posts: 8750
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 4:24 pm
Location: USA,Florida
Contact:

Postby Shellie » May 13th, 2005, 10:58 am

I was like Ilovegcats. I only cheated on homework.
There never was a horse that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

User avatar
DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4477
Joined: March 15th, 2004, 7:09 am
Location: USA,Florida
Contact:

Postby DeWayneTN » May 13th, 2005, 11:06 am

It was the perfect crime because of being the last day of school. We'd never come back together and the students wouldn't have an opportunity to say, "Mrs. Hughes, I really got this right!" and all that weighed on my mind.

I finally decided to confess to the teacher, knowing full well what it meant for my summer. I was so shocked to get my report card in the mail and get a passing grade which meant she must have given me some credit for being truthful. (Lest anyone think me too much of a humanitarian - I had also confessed my sin with a friend in the class who was contemplating spilling the beans himself).

That was the beginning of the end for my cheating.
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)

Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

User avatar
lightseeker
Needs a LIFE
Posts: 127
Joined: November 9th, 2004, 5:26 pm
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby lightseeker » May 13th, 2005, 11:16 am

MrDanger wrote: "You always have that Jewish site up on your screen, even when you are not in the room." I asked, "Jewish site?" He said, "Yeah, Jude 2. Isn't that Jewish?" :shock: :lol:


Thanks for making me laugh out loud. :lol:

Yeah I cheated also in school. Just a couple of times then God thumped my heart. :shock: I felt soooooooo guilty, that I NEVER did it again.


BTW: What did you do to the kids that cheated in your class?
To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart!

User avatar
Methusala
Needs a LIFE
Posts: 139
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 6:29 pm
Location: USA,Oregon
Contact:

deleted

Postby Methusala » May 13th, 2005, 12:41 pm

wrong spot
Last edited by Methusala on May 13th, 2005, 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sherry
Moderator
Posts: 5731
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 6:13 pm
Location: USA,Texas
Contact:

Postby Sherry » May 13th, 2005, 1:27 pm

I cheated but I fessed up to it when I got caught. It was my Senior year and I hated the class I was in and the teacher....a friend let me copy her paper, we had the exact same wrong answer, he knew who copied from who...seeing she was a straight A student and I wasn't. So when he confronted us, I looked that mean teacher in the eye and said..."I'm not going to lie to you teach, I copied off of her, don't punish her for my stupidity." I think he was taken aback that I was honest enough to admit it and didn't take further action. Realized it wasn't worth it after that.

TC
Hey, hey, hey
Posts: 1922
Joined: February 20th, 2003, 5:00 pm
Location: "the Ville" ky

Postby TC » May 13th, 2005, 2:47 pm

Not that I can remember ever cheating... BUT I don't have the best ......What was I saying? Oh I most likely did...

But the best had to be my ole Buddy Mel. I will never forget going in to take a test and he would give you instructions and then test and start to walk out of the class and say... "If you want to cheat it is all up to you buy the all knowing eye is watching..." Who would have thought a teacher using GUILT...

User avatar
curiouspk
Whoa!!
Whoa!!
Posts: 492
Joined: April 17th, 2004, 7:20 am
Location: USA,Alabama
Contact:

Postby curiouspk » May 13th, 2005, 2:50 pm

i've cheated
there is this computer teacher that gives an assignment and just checks to see if you do it
so we get each other to post parts of the finished assignment on the server and just twicked it a little to make it look different

man this sounds like an AA meeting
God Bless
May the fire that is in me, be within you also!!
www.myspace.com/brandonheacox


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

Login  •  Register