Markets keep tumbling

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

User avatar
Tim Elston
Woohoo!
Posts: 1300
Joined: August 7th, 2003, 8:45 pm
Location: Juneau Alaska, USA
Contact:

Postby Tim Elston » March 4th, 2009, 6:02 am

dalebert wrote:if i had the money gold is where i would buying at this moment....if i had the money ...... :(


You're probably right, Dalebert. Last year gold was $800/oz and now it's about $950/oz. During the same period I've lost about 50% in the stock market.

Cpt. Jack
Needs a LIFE
Posts: 127
Joined: May 18th, 2006, 4:34 pm
Location: USA,Georgia

Postby Cpt. Jack » March 4th, 2009, 6:06 am

I dont know about where u live but where i live i am hearing that gun sells are up and more people are buying guns that never had them....like i said, im just hearing that , not on the news just some friends are telling me, so i dont know how true that is....are u hearing anything?


Gander Mt and other places like them say, ammo and handguns are flying off the shelf.
I feel for people who live in the big citys. As this gets worse it will become more dangerious. In the city I just left armed robbery has skyrocked. In fact they have now started a robbery task force to combat it.

Saddle up folks we are in for a ride.

Cpt Jack
All OK JUMPMASTER

User avatar
rjjunior
700+ Posts
Posts: 739
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 8:16 am
Location: USA,Washington
Contact:

Postby rjjunior » March 4th, 2009, 10:07 am

Tim Elston wrote:
dalebert wrote:if i had the money gold is where i would buying at this moment....if i had the money ...... :(


You're probably right, Dalebert. Last year gold was $800/oz and now it's about $950/oz. During the same period I've lost about 50% in the stock market.


What happens when (if) the stock market finally recovers and gold drops $100/oz+ in a few days? Isn't that likely to happen? How can the value keep going up, up, up? I just don't get it. Maybe I should order one of those prospectus booklets being marketed.

User avatar
Tim Elston
Woohoo!
Posts: 1300
Joined: August 7th, 2003, 8:45 pm
Location: Juneau Alaska, USA
Contact:

Postby Tim Elston » March 4th, 2009, 11:01 am

rjjunior wrote:What happens when (if) the stock market finally recovers and gold drops $100/oz+ in a few days? Isn't that likely to happen? How can the value keep going up, up, up? I just don't get it. Maybe I should order one of those prospectus booklets being marketed.


Gold investment would be made on the assumption that there will be an economic collapse instead of a market recovery. Stock investment would be made on the opposite assumption. Both investments involve risk, as does investing in neither or nothing. If it is correct that the monetary system demands exponential debt growth, then both paper currency and stocks will become worthless when resources can no longer sustain the sharply rising curve, and gold will be the ultimate hedge against loss. If that's the case, then even if the stimulus package staves off collapse for a period of time it only makes the fall occur later from a higher peak. So far I am still buying stocks because my irrational side wants to believe that it's just a cycle. I'm still emotionally resisting what looks accurate on paper.

one love
Woohoo!
Posts: 3082
Joined: October 23rd, 2007, 12:48 pm
Location: USA,Virginia

Postby one love » March 4th, 2009, 1:58 pm

Tim Elston wrote:
Cpt. Jack wrote:If you have any money left, Ammunition and gun stock should be up for now.


I'm debating whether to start buying gold coins or keep buying low in the stock market. Part of me wants to believe that we're going to recover. Part of me says that gold is going to be $1500/oz in a few years.


Gold is the only thing I believe is safe and constant. Even if our Dollar collapses and we go with a one world currency ( as I believe will happen one day) Gold will still hold strong, it always has.


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests

Login  •  Register