The Ramp

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

User avatar
WindSong
Needs a hobby
Posts: 58
Joined: February 12th, 2008, 12:34 pm
Location: USA,Georgia

Postby WindSong » June 20th, 2008, 5:38 pm

I used to like Karen, although I haven't watched her in years.

My personal opinion (based on experience) is to stay out of charismatic churches. So many of them have left the Bible behind and are are chasing after angels and "signs".
We had to get out of it a few years ago.

There are probably still a few with good leadership but most are going the way I mentioned.

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4632
Joined: June 25th, 2004, 4:34 pm
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby Full Quiver » June 20th, 2008, 6:12 pm

I know nothing about the ramp but the statement,
With all due respect to my friend, THE RAMP is changing young lives.
, doesn't mean much without clarity. Alcohol changes lives bro. 8)
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

User avatar
pastorables
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4748
Joined: February 9th, 2004, 10:01 am
Location: USA, Alabama
Contact:

Postby pastorables » June 20th, 2008, 6:23 pm

Full Quiver wrote:I know nothing about the ramp but the statement,
With all due respect to my friend, THE RAMP is changing young lives.
, doesn't mean much without clarity. Alcohol changes lives bro. 8)


Have Karen Wheaton and Chosen to your church, you will get clarity. 8) :D
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr

Image

User avatar
THE RAzEr
1100 Dalmatians
Posts: 1168
Joined: June 6th, 2003, 5:37 am
Location: Louisville, KY

Postby THE RAzEr » June 21st, 2008, 4:01 am

pastorables wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQf-fgehi_8

The above link is a clip of the types of things from The Ramp that really minister to me. The dancing is a sidebar that I can take or leave. It doesn't bother me either way. I have witnessed the same kind of dancing and stomping at COGOP Youth Conferences so I will not judge The Ramp negatively based upon one criteria.

I started this thread to note the life flowing from The Ramp, not to critique the things we may not agree with.

pa


Each day, I counsel with kids like the young man on this stage. I mean kids who are still where he was. In some cases churches are ministering to these kids, but not in many. These are not church kids in the most part.

Having been a Pastor for 32 years, and an active minister for 45, I can say I was not ministering to kids with the problems I deal with now. I mean 15 years old with addictions, terrible attracities, locked up, facing years of incarceration, no family who cares, no church, etc.

I think the ministry here is not to 'bless' the Body, but to save the lost. I think The Apostle Paul would understand the ministry of The Ramp. He was willing to become a Greek to save a Greek. Yet he did not become in bondage to SIN to do it. Yet meats and drinks were of little matter to him, but were issues of salvation to the Jews.

Dancing is Biblical. So it is not whether to Dance which is in question. It is how to Dance. Surely the practice for the dance is not the issue? When the temple was dedicated in Solomon's day, i believe they had prpared dancers. Some would be against the dance which has been practiced, and others would be against the dance which would be done inprotu. However, Dance is Biblically sound.

The result of the ministry is this, ayoung man who represents thousands of kids who the church is not reaching, stands up and says, I have been rescued, and changed through Jesus Christ. I applauded the ministry and the Dance which get the Kids to the message. Even if the Ramp usesuses a little "unlawful" Dance to get them there.
......................................................................

THE RAzEr

Hinn may lay an egg, a Dollar may not be worth two cents, ERekA might be a Star in a Top Hat, Copeland-Hagin may be like a can of snuff in some rich dude's back pocket, but I'm still Pentecostal to the bone.

User avatar
KBevangelist
Hey, hey, hey
Posts: 1998
Joined: August 21st, 2006, 12:00 pm
Location: USA,NorthCarolina
Contact:

Postby KBevangelist » June 21st, 2008, 7:07 am

THE RAzEr wrote:
pastorables wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQf-fgehi_8

The above link is a clip of the types of things from The Ramp that really minister to me. The dancing is a sidebar that I can take or leave. It doesn't bother me either way. I have witnessed the same kind of dancing and stomping at COGOP Youth Conferences so I will not judge The Ramp negatively based upon one criteria.

I started this thread to note the life flowing from The Ramp, not to critique the things we may not agree with.

pa


Each day, I counsel with kids like the young man on this stage. I mean kids who are still where he was. In some cases churches are ministering to these kids, but not in many. These are not church kids in the most part.

Having been a Pastor for 32 years, and an active minister for 45, I can say I was not ministering to kids with the problems I deal with now. I mean 15 years old with addictions, terrible attracities, locked up, facing years of incarceration, no family who cares, no church, etc.

I think the ministry here is not to 'bless' the Body, but to save the lost. I think The Apostle Paul would understand the ministry of The Ramp. He was willing to become a Greek to save a Greek. Yet he did not become in bondage to SIN to do it. Yet meats and drinks were of little matter to him, but were issues of salvation to the Jews.

Dancing is Biblical. So it is not whether to Dance which is in question. It is how to Dance. Surely the practice for the dance is not the issue? When the temple was dedicated in Solomon's day, i believe they had prpared dancers. Some would be against the dance which has been practiced, and others would be against the dance which would be done inprotu. However, Dance is Biblically sound.

The result of the ministry is this, ayoung man who represents thousands of kids who the church is not reaching, stands up and says, I have been rescued, and changed through Jesus Christ. I applauded the ministry and the Dance which get the Kids to the message. Even if the Ramp usesuses a little "unlawful" Dance to get them there.


Razer I have to applaud you =D>

Ministering to kids is not easy. We have to compete with ballgames, schools, ipods, myspace and the list could go on. So instead of discouraging these things I use them as outreach.

Give Karen Wheaton credit she is doing far more than most in ministering to young people.

KB

Karen
Whoa!!
Whoa!!
Posts: 496
Joined: April 10th, 2006, 10:25 am
Location: USA,Virginia

Postby Karen » June 21st, 2008, 7:59 am

pastorables wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQf-fgehi_8

The above link is a clip of the types of things from The Ramp that really minister to me. The dancing is a sidebar that I can take or leave. It doesn't bother me either way. I have witnessed the same kind of dancing and stomping at COGOP Youth Conferences so I will not judge The Ramp negatively based upon one criteria.

I started this thread to note the life flowing from The Ramp, not to critique the things we may not agree with.

pa


Pastor Ables,

I attended a service where Karen and some of the youth she works with were given the meeting for that night. For any who may disbelieve, I bear witness that God was there. God's annointing is on this ministry. Karen is sold out to God and there is no pretense. The service I attended was back when it was in its beginning, called Grace Place. That was several years back and it is so wonderful to see how this ministry has grown and what God is doing and all the lifes that are changing.
Revelation 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints; those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Y’shua.

Revelation 22:12-13
“And behold, I am coming quickly, and my reward is with me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last. Blessed are those who do His Commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.”

User avatar
rough_rider
I can see clearly now!
Posts: 2251
Joined: September 9th, 2003, 4:15 am
Location: USA,Ohio

Postby rough_rider » June 21st, 2008, 10:20 am

I caught some of "RAMP" last night, from what I heard from the young man preaching, they are flat out on fire for the Lord. They choose to be nothing less then 100% sold out for Christ, if they practice what they are preaching, then I say praise the Lord for the ministry of RAMP reaching out to the youth today.
In the presence of Jehovah, God almighty, Prince of peace.
Troubles vanish, hearts are mended, in the presence of
The King.
ImageImage . Image .Image

User avatar
Poimen
What's next?
Posts: 3403
Joined: February 10th, 2003, 1:49 pm
Location: USA, Alabama

Postby Poimen » June 21st, 2008, 11:11 am

I haven't watched any yet. Not sure if I will or not.

I would just like to reiterate that things may have changed since the exposure I and another leader from church have had with this ministry.

I rejoice in the wonderful testimonies I have heard here from individuals I personally know or know of in connection with this ministry. I rejoice that Christ is preached! Despite my personal reflections, opinions, or experiences, I do not wish to seem against any true work of God in the lives of anyone through any channel He deems fit.

:)
Poimen
Bro. Christopher

"I wish a buck was still silver, it was back when the country was strong." -- The Hag


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

Login  •  Register