WHY IS IT WRONG TO SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION?

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

User avatar
RamboPreacher
RamboPreacher
Posts: 12355
Joined: July 17th, 2004, 5:41 pm
Location: USA, Texas

Postby RamboPreacher » July 11th, 2009, 2:10 pm

Jamais Vu wrote:
RamboPreacher wrote:as was mentioned, I think by Dolfan; what difference does it make? I believe that it was ultimately God. the doctor deserved thanks for application of knowledge, but praise goes to God for providing that understanding in the first place - in order to allow the genetic predisposition of my body do it's best to recover - more praise to God for creating humankind to be able to do that in the first place, even though not like it really should, had His creation not fallen in the first place.



i agree it all ultimately gos to God. but the difference is kind of like someone worshiping the pastor instead of God. you would'nt say something like "my pastor gave me eternal life because he is the one led me to salvation!"

and no i dont think you were saying that......but imo that is the difference in saying "the medicine healed me" or "the doctor healed me". God healed you because he is the one who made you. whether that be physical, emotional, or spiritual healing.......
nope, wasn't saying that . not even sure where that kind of logic comes from. Yes, God healed me. :) (but in your example, I would thank my pastor if he did lead me to salvation). :wink:
Thanks, Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling

User avatar
dolfan
Established Member
Posts: 8016
Joined: March 17th, 2004, 1:25 pm
Location: USA,Alabama
Contact:

Postby dolfan » July 13th, 2009, 3:00 am

Jamais Vu wrote: i agree it all ultimately gos to God. but the difference is kind of like someone worshiping the pastor instead of God. you would'nt say something like "my pastor gave me eternal life because he is the one led me to salvation!"


From O Brother Where Art Thou? (THE definitive movie on all things theological :lol: ):

Delmar: Well that's it, boys. I've been redeemed. The preacher's done warshed away all my sins and transgressions. It's the straight and narrow from here on out, and heaven everlasting's my reward.

Ulysses: Delmar, what are you talking about? We've got bigger fish to fry.

Delmar: The preacher says all my sins is warshed away, including that Piggly Wiggly I knocked over in Yazoo.

Ulysses: I thought you said you was innocent of those charges?

Delmar: Well I was lyin'. And the preacher says that that sin's been warshed away too. Neither God nor man's got nothin' on me now. C'mon in boys, the water is fine.


Now, there you have it. :lol:
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

one love
Woohoo!
Posts: 3082
Joined: October 23rd, 2007, 12:48 pm
Location: USA,Virginia

Postby one love » July 13th, 2009, 3:21 pm

dolfan wrote:
Jamais Vu wrote: i agree it all ultimately gos to God. but the difference is kind of like someone worshiping the pastor instead of God. you would'nt say something like "my pastor gave me eternal life because he is the one led me to salvation!"


From O Brother Where Art Thou? (THE definitive movie on all things theological :lol: ):

Delmar: Well that's it, boys. I've been redeemed. The preacher's done warshed away all my sins and transgressions. It's the straight and narrow from here on out, and heaven everlasting's my reward.

Ulysses: Delmar, what are you talking about? We've got bigger fish to fry.

Delmar: The preacher says all my sins is warshed away, including that Piggly Wiggly I knocked over in Yazoo.

Ulysses: I thought you said you was innocent of those charges?

Delmar: Well I was lyin'. And the preacher says that that sin's been warshed away too. Neither God nor man's got nothin' on me now. C'mon in boys, the water is fine.


Now, there you have it. :lol:


I love that part of the movie, by far my favorite scene! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Login  •  Register