A time to gather Stones together has come (Ya think?)

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Should Jeremy Holt (N2art2) be banned From Jude 2??

YES!! As quick as possible!!!!
8
25%
No, let him stay. The Big Dogs will neuter him
24
75%
 
Total votes: 32

User avatar
Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 10475
Joined: January 28th, 2003, 9:03 pm
Location: USA,Hawaii
Contact:

Re: blood in the water

Postby Pastor Gary » April 24th, 2004, 2:06 pm

amydawn wrote:If you were concerned with the wishes of the majority around here, I would think you wouldn't have exercised/abused your status as "moderator" to make this topic "sticky."


Gerald didn't make it sticky. I saw his poll and changed it to sticky as I do MOST polls for the first day or so at least. No great conspiracy here, Amy. I just like polls at the top.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

User avatar
amydawn
Hey, hey, hey
Posts: 1804
Joined: August 26th, 2003, 3:48 am
Location: USA,Ohio

Re: blood in the water

Postby amydawn » April 24th, 2004, 2:09 pm

Pastor Gary wrote:
amydawn wrote:If you were concerned with the wishes of the majority around here, I would think you wouldn't have exercised/abused your status as "moderator" to make this topic "sticky."


Gerald didn't make it sticky. I saw his poll and changed it to sticky as I do MOST polls for the first day or so at least. No great conspiracy here, Amy. I just like polls at the top.


I stand corrected- sorry for the accusation Gerald. Thanks for the info Pastor Gary.

User avatar
Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 10475
Joined: January 28th, 2003, 9:03 pm
Location: USA,Hawaii
Contact:

well then

Postby Pastor Gary » April 24th, 2004, 2:11 pm

EagerBeaver wrote:I am sure Jeremy has an agenda, but maybe isn't stating his point clearly.


That would be an absolute delight if we could clearly understand what, if any, agenda he might have. He seems very intelligent and able to express himself, so I am not sure why he isn't stating his pint clearly.

Remember, I invited him here because I thought he might have something valid to contribute. I am waiting for that valuable contribution to start and the sniper attacks to end.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)



"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

User avatar
Sherry
Moderator
Posts: 5731
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 6:13 pm
Location: USA,Texas
Contact:

My Vote

Postby Sherry » April 24th, 2004, 3:15 pm

My vote was to let him stay....why, simply because someone with so much to post, has really had very little to say. Maybe he'll learn a thing or two from the intelligent, educated, and honorable people on this board. People that I have great respect for. I know I have learned a lot from them and I'm hoping that someone like N2 will open their mind and heart and actually read what is being posted. Hopefully, with time N2 will learn as I have the value of the diverse opinions on this board. Sometimes it's best to sit back and just listen.

User avatar
stevenson
I can see clearly now!
Posts: 2214
Joined: February 9th, 2004, 2:44 pm
Location: USA,Ohio

Postby stevenson » April 24th, 2004, 4:11 pm

AMEN!

User avatar
doris
1100 Dalmatians
Posts: 1123
Joined: June 30th, 2003, 5:42 pm
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby doris » April 24th, 2004, 4:27 pm

:roll: I've changed my mind, which is a ladies perogative, I've been told. Take him out. Shellie can get the next one. Pastor Gary does not deserve any of this, so Gerald, and you too Kenya. DOIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
doris



I am Blessed & Highly Favored

User avatar
rough_rider
I can see clearly now!
Posts: 2251
Joined: September 9th, 2003, 4:15 am
Location: USA,Ohio

Postby rough_rider » April 24th, 2004, 4:53 pm

Should n2art2 be booted ? yes, should we show mercy? yes indeed!
Give him a chance to repent for his offensive personal attacks.
If he continues with personal attacks on Monday then do what you will. :twisted: :wink:
In the presence of Jehovah, God almighty, Prince of peace.
Troubles vanish, hearts are mended, in the presence of
The King.
ImageImage . Image .Image

User avatar
Paully_44
Established Member
Posts: 7480
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 4:20 am
Location: USA,Washington

Postby Paully_44 » April 24th, 2004, 5:22 pm

edited last thought.

ban him, don't ban him
ignore him, don't ignore him
Last edited by Paully_44 on April 26th, 2004, 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let the wild rumpus start!

Greggles
Moderator
Posts: 61
Joined: September 3rd, 2003, 5:41 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Postby Greggles » April 24th, 2004, 7:31 pm

WOW

This reminds me of the story in the bible when Jesus was taken up and they couldn't find anything that he was guilty of and the mass began to shout "Crucify Him, Crucify Him"

So folks I haven't been around, but exactly what has Jeremy done? I would love to see some links to the posts that he has been "personal" and I am not saying he hasn't been. But then again I have been lurking around for a while and man some of you do too.


Inquiring minds NEED to know.

Greggles**
Always in the Master's grip,
Greggles**

Gerald Creasy

Re: blood in the water

Postby Gerald Creasy » April 24th, 2004, 11:16 pm

amydawn wrote:
If you were concerned with the wishes of the majority around here, I would think you wouldn't have exercised/abused your status as "moderator" to make this topic "sticky."

It would have stayed on top on it's own merits, or dropped accordingly, in natural response to the wishes of the majority.



AmyD,

Et tu?

I am glad that you take the time to point a finger of accusation yourself once in a while.

As a Sticky it WOULD ALWAYS be seen by the person of offense.


Jeremy Holt has made charges, itimations against Pastor Gary and has engaged in general character assassination against him.

How would you deal with such?

Forgive and ALLOW it to continue?

I WON'T allow it to continue no matter how much of the weepy Lovey-dovey forgivness stuff is spouted (Nor how many fingers are pointed).

User avatar
The Martins
Moderator
Posts: 1123
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 2:27 am
Location: USA,Virginia

Postby The Martins » April 25th, 2004, 12:37 am

As I stated before, I voted to let him stay & let the Big Dawgs get him. Part of my reasoning was that he would leave of his own accord, and not come back. If he is banned, he can come back tomorrow as another entity and we won't realize who he is until he has stirred another pot of poop - and the stink will let us know.

However, is there a way to ban him and keep him out? I mean, can you tell by IP address that it's him trying to rejoin under another name? What if he uses a different computer or ISP?

If he cannot be banned permanently and forever, I still say not to do it. Let's just sit back and enjoy the Dawg Fite. If he can be banned for good - go for it!

Where is he of late, anyway? Maybe just the thoughts of the Big Dawgs sceered him off! :oops:

User avatar
Mike Vande
I like flapjacks.
Posts: 3859
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 6:22 pm
Location: USA,Kansas

Re: blood in the water

Postby Mike Vande » April 25th, 2004, 1:29 am

Gerald Creasy wrote:I WON'T allow it to continue no matter how much of the weepy Lovey-dovey forgivness stuff is spouted (Nor how many fingers are pointed).


Well then, lock the door on the little bozo and get it over with! There is ample reason already to ban him, and it continues to grow. If this site is going to maintain it's integrity, either give everybody the mysterious "reason" Captain Insulto is allowed to continue here, the one he keeps alluding to in his posts, or shut his silly face out and have done with it!

Vande
Why is it that bad decisions seem to make to most interesting testimonies?

User avatar
amydawn
Hey, hey, hey
Posts: 1804
Joined: August 26th, 2003, 3:48 am
Location: USA,Ohio

Re: blood in the water

Postby amydawn » April 25th, 2004, 3:32 am

Gerald Creasy wrote:AmyD,

Et tu?

I am glad that you take the time to point a finger of accusation yourself once in a while.



Gerald, I said I was sorry. Shall I lay flat down from this crouched position to make it even easier for you to kick? My ribs are right :arrow: here. You don't have a fight here.

Jeremy Holt has made charges, itimations against Pastor Gary and has engaged in general character assassination against him.


I don't speak for Pastor Gary. I doubt anyone else does either, although many are trying, with their great intentions. I trust that Pastor Gary is -- as all of us should strive -- following in the footsteps of the Master, letting this mind be in him, making himself of no reputation, and praying about a solution. Offense is always a nice built in indicator to prompt us to evaluate if our flesh is perhaps a little too healthy. I have every confidence Pastor Gary's response will be along those lines (and I would not question it). I am not, however, equally confident in this new democracy or transfered powers.

How would you deal with such?

Forgive and ALLOW it to continue?


No. And it doesn't matter what I would do. Look to The Example and draw your own conclusions.

I WON'T allow it to continue no matter how much of the weepy Lovey-dovey forgivness stuff is spouted (Nor how many fingers are pointed).


This summation of how I view my Christ and the behavior He expects from me as His follower is exactly why I'm less than at ease with the delegation of power in this forum. I pray that a hostile environment is not created here.

I am not opposed to discipline and parameters. I understand their need. I am concerned when brothers and sisters in the one body behave as sharks in a feeding frenzy. This public, group flogging cannot be supported biblically. This is not "Airplane" and we do not all deserve to line up and slap the face of Jeremy Holt. There is a better way, one that involves less stroking of our flesh.

Gerald, I enjoy you and do not want this issue to define our forum-relationship. I implore you to resist the urge to verbally slaugter me.

User avatar
Brenda
I can see clearly now!
Posts: 2196
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 5:56 am
Location: USA,Michigan

Postby Brenda » April 25th, 2004, 3:51 am

Greggles wrote:WOW

This reminds me of the story in the bible when Jesus was taken up and they couldn't find anything that he was guilty of and the mass began to shout "Crucify Him, Crucify Him"

So folks I haven't been around, but exactly what has Jeremy done? I would love to see some links to the posts that he has been "personal" and I am not saying he hasn't been. But then again I have been lurking around for a while and man some of you do too.


Inquiring minds NEED to know.

Greggles**


Greg this is about where I stand too.

Computers been down and when it got back up I seen all these jumping on "one" man.
Boy the STRESS, must be awefull!!!

I thought what christian words to use against a brother. satan must be leaping for joy.
B.R.
________________________________________
On the Cross he was crucified, in great sorrow, He died. The giver of life for you and me.

Gerald Creasy

Re: blood in the water

Postby Gerald Creasy » April 25th, 2004, 3:57 am

amydawn wrote:Gerald, I said I was sorry. Shall I lay flat down from this crouched position to make it even easier for you to kick? My ribs are right :arrow: here. You don't have a fight here.



The response was posted before I saw Pastor Garys response to you or your apology.


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Login  •  Register