Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad
MrDanger wrote:I have a question for those of you that are against this:
A few years ago, Kimmy and I were fortunate enough to go to Cyprus on a missions trip to help run a church camp. The first day, we were instructed for health reasons we needed to go to the sea to atleast soak (completely) in the water. This is because of the extreme temperatures. That day, a few of the Americans didn't go because of the mixed group. It was so hot, they joined us the second day.
Did I act irresponsibly or participate in inappropriate behavior?
Poimen wrote:Well that's a completley different context. However, if you went scantly clad amongst a group of people, especially mixed sexes, I would find that in and of itself irresponsible. But I do not find the wisdom of soaking irresponsible. But with a little effort one could avoid the mixed company and get the benefit of soaking.
Poimen wrote:Fortunantley, the homo scene is not as prominent in rural AL as it seems to be elsewhere.
MrDanger wrote:Poimen wrote:Well that's a completley different context. However, if you went scantly clad amongst a group of people, especially mixed sexes, I would find that in and of itself irresponsible. But I do not find the wisdom of soaking irresponsible. But with a little effort one could avoid the mixed company and get the benefit of soaking.
Aha, now we are getting some where. Now, exactly, how much clothing am I required to put on to not be acting irresponsible.
Poimen wrote:No -- I'm not an ankles and wrist to chin kinda person. But, I do feel like the scripture speaks enough generally on nakedness, and various parts of the body being identified sexually, to let us know that thighs, bellies, and breasts are or should be "private" areas.
Poimen wrote:Poimen wrote:No -- I'm not an ankles and wrist to chin kinda person. But, I do feel like the scripture speaks enough generally on nakedness, and various parts of the body being identified sexually, to let us know that thighs, bellies, and breasts are or should be "private" areas.
so basically shoulders to knees as a minimum.![]()
Steve wrote:The bible doesn't give specifics in many areas, only general guidelines. That is why we fell so flat on our face for so many years! You can't say EVERYONE must do A, B and C but NOT D, E and F in order to be "right"! The bible speaks about it in the eating meat issue. Some are convicted about it, some are not. Should one offend the other because of it? NO! Call me a "weak Christian" about this issue if you want, but it is my belief about this right now.
MrDanger wrote:Steve wrote:The bible doesn't give specifics in many areas, only general guidelines. That is why we fell so flat on our face for so many years! You can't say EVERYONE must do A, B and C but NOT D, E and F in order to be "right"! The bible speaks about it in the eating meat issue. Some are convicted about it, some are not. Should one offend the other because of it? NO! Call me a "weak Christian" about this issue if you want, but it is my belief about this right now.
...and that is my point Steve. You can't legislate holiness. The exact length of sleeve can't be found in Habakkuk (I know, I just looked). I am agreeing whith you that it comes down to personal conviction. I thought that was understood from part of my posts earlier. However, no offense Poimen, today, I read that I am "irresponsilbe". Nope, that doesn't cut it for me. If someone wants to legislate holiness, please give me the specifics (inches of sleeves and all) so then I can become a responsible christian.
Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests