Boys or Girls Poll (in the appropriate forum)

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Which are easier to raise?

Boys
73%
Girls
27%

Total votes: 15

Kenya

Boys or Girls Poll (in the appropriate forum)

Postby Kenya » February 16th, 2004, 8:04 am

Ok - I confess. I do sneak a peek over in the Victorious Secret forum from time to time. 8)
Kenya

I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing! Galatians 2:21

http://www.somersetcommunitymission.com

Shellie
Site Admin

Postby Shellie » February 16th, 2004, 10:01 am

Well, I couldn't vote because there was no option for "equally" hard to raise.

Here's my experience: I have three girls and one boy. I didn't have trouble with the girls until they hit their teens. They were angels until they hit puberty. I'm in the process of refraining from slaying them as we speak.

Then, the boy. He came out a challenge and hasn't slowed down yet, however everyone tells me that they are much easier in their teens than girls are.

I think kids are hard to raise, period! :wink:
There never was a horse that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

LisaMarie
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...

Postby LisaMarie » February 16th, 2004, 11:32 am

I voted girls but I will have to say. My daughter was the perfect child until she was about 12 years old then something happened. Chonda Pierce says aliens sucked her son's brains out and I'm almost inclined to agree with her. I like to think that it's stuck in the phone line somewhere and I'll get it back one day. :lol:

Now my son who will be 18 in April was and is a true blooded boy. I am thankful for him but I sure am thankful that God gave me the grace to raise him too. My girl never jumped 6 feet out of a swing to prove that she was tough. I'm still paying for that one.
I WILL SING OF YOUR LOVE FOREVER!!!

Penny
I can see clearly now!

Postby Penny » February 16th, 2004, 5:10 pm

My daughter was the perfect child until she was about 12 years old then something happened

OH NO so my 11 year old soon to be 12 is acting normal..... THIS IS NOT GOOD..

. I'm in the process of refraining from slaying them as we speak.
Oh you have those feelings to... Now good, I feel like I am not the worst mom on the face of the earth..

tears... been a bad day here with kids

Shellie
Site Admin

Postby Shellie » February 16th, 2004, 5:24 pm

LB said:

Oh you have those feelings to... Now good, I feel like I am not the worst mom on the face of the earth..

Yes, all mothers have those feelings. If there is a mom that tells you she doesn't, she is taking prescription valium. :D

See, the way I figure it is this. The reason they come out so soft and cute is because God knew if we saw them as teenagers that we would leave them at the hospital. It's really His way of talking us into bringing them home.
There never was a horse that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

doris
1100 Dalmatians

Postby doris » February 16th, 2004, 6:08 pm

:roll: I have to be the one to admit that I raised a perfect child. Her name is Ondra White. She was born perfect, was perfect in school. (No comment from Joey Simmons please), and she is still perfect. So there!
doris

I am Blessed & Highly Favored

dbserv
Hey, hey, hey

Postby dbserv » February 16th, 2004, 7:16 pm

LisaMarie wrote:I voted girls but I will have to say. My daughter was the perfect child until she was about 12 years old then something happened. Chonda Pierce says aliens sucked her son's brains out and I'm almost inclined to agree with her. I like to think that it's stuck in the phone line somewhere and I'll get it back one day. :lol:

It has been stated that our son's brains return somewhere between 22 and 25. I am inclined to agree with that completely.

It's actually about the time where the two halves of the brain finally connect up under that "soft spot". That's when the "light comes on" and you can finally tell that someone is home.

This usually happens to girls at a much younger age.
God Bless You

Dan Bagley

Kenya

Postby Kenya » February 17th, 2004, 3:42 am

Shellie wrote:If there is a mom that tells you she doesn't, she is taking prescription valium.

LOLOL. Hmmm, choke my children or take a valium? Which is the lesser of two evils? LOL Just kidding. I have resigned from my "mom" job SOOO many times - just this year. But Joey keeps dragging me back. lol
Kenya

I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing! Galatians 2:21

http://www.somersetcommunitymission.com

Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Pastor Bill » February 17th, 2004, 11:52 am

Mine are still small, but I have noticed with friends and their children that at age 13 all of the sudden they are switched out with beings that look the same, but are nothing like your sweet child. I have seen this happen with girls, and it is like a night and day difference, boys seem to be less severe in this.

Joey
Da Bomb!

Postby Joey » February 17th, 2004, 12:09 pm

I will speak from my experience...which is all we can do.
I see roughly 750 students weekly, and I honestly don't think Shellie was too far off by sayng they are "equally" hard to raise, (and yet equally rewarding) when you look at the big picture.
I have also seen 2 children of the same sex and family, one is a terror and one is the opposite of that - God's since of humor or a way to teach us about others ...I don't know?
Age is definately a factor, as teenage years are proving to be more difficult than we expected.

I think our son's unique behavior has to do with a voodoo curse my mom put on me when I was a kid. She said, "I hope you have 2 kids just like you!".....and then we had 3.
Pray church pray! :roll:

Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator

Teen years

Postby Pastor Gary » February 17th, 2004, 12:17 pm

Joey wrote:Age is definately a factor, as teenage years are proving to be more difficult than we expected.

If you think those years are hard for you, imagine how hard they are for them. I am 53 but still vividly recall some of the struggles, emotions and feelings I had as a teenager. I remember some of the secret things I worried about, wondering "is this normal?? Am I a freak??" It has made me a better dad, I think, even though on-the-job training is the only way you really learn this, and by the time you figure it all out, the kids are grown up!

Praise report: I thank God for my two kids. My 18-year-old son and 15-year-old daughter can drive us nuts sometimes, but they are great kids. Involved in youth, both worship musicians, smart, not involved in any kind of activities that make parents stay awake at night. We are blessed and thankful.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

Sherry

Postby Sherry » February 17th, 2004, 2:53 pm

Needed a button for equal on that poll...

Our son has a very calm spirit about him, never got into trouble, respects us, and is just a really great kid. He will be successful in anything he does.

Now, my 15 yr old daughter is a loveable, opinionated, funny kid. She can hold her own in an arguement...believe me I know, and won't take anything from anyone..(especially her brother!). She reminds me too much of myself at that age. But I turned out fine so I know she'll be great!

So for me, it's even...both in their own unique ways. I'm very, very proud of my kids....God has blessed us!

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”