Page 1 of 2

math

Posted: September 21st, 2006, 6:44 am
by teach
I absolutely love math!

that's why I teach it. I find that most people can't stand it though.
what about you?

wendy k

Posted: September 21st, 2006, 6:50 am
by Shellie
I like it. I teach it. I'm not crazy about it. I mean only weird people love math, right? :lol:

Posted: September 21st, 2006, 6:55 am
by Paully_44
I graduated HighSchool with only 4 quarters of math.

Shop Math
Consumer Math
Pre Algebera 1 & 2



That is the extent of my math skillz. I thought I was smart at the time. Now I know better. I think my 4th grader has caught up to me.

Posted: September 21st, 2006, 7:00 am
by TW
Shellie wrote:I like it. I teach it. I'm not crazy about it. I mean only weird people love math, right? :lol:


Yep! :roll:

Posted: September 21st, 2006, 7:03 am
by KiMmY
I loved math when I was in school but I could never do it well. That kinda stinks when you like something.

Posted: September 21st, 2006, 7:07 am
by EagerBeaver
Most math is pointless.

In my job I still have yet to find a use for any math besides simple arithmetic.

Pointless, I tell you. Waste of time.

Re: math

Posted: September 21st, 2006, 7:35 am
by rev rick
teach wrote:I absolutely love math!

that's why I teach it. I find that most people can't stand it though.
what about you?

wendy k

I don't know how to cook it!! Do You like it baked? What about seasoning?
Even if it is (it's not) on my diet I can't handle it. LOL Rev Rick
P. S. What was the question? I must have lost my place.

Posted: September 21st, 2006, 7:52 am
by teach
Amen! I'm crazy and I know it!

Posted: September 21st, 2006, 7:58 am
by dolfan
I tolerated it in school. Took two years of Algebra in HS and a year of Geometry. Decided not to go with the pre-calculus/trig/calculus track --- not that I could've. In college, I took College Algebra at the local jr. college right out of high school. Hated the class, ditched it for the last month, didn't take the final and still got a D. I took it again at TC and got an A. The lady who came to TC campus to teach math was super, super nice and a good instructor. Can't remember her name. Like all math teachers in the days of chalk, she wiped her mouth a lot (something about chalk dust I guess that I always saw most commonly in math teachers.)

Nowadays, I think if I had it to do over, I'd be more apt as a math student. Accounting, primarily, I think is the most practical needed skill for most of us. Otherwise, though, I think I'd enjoy the calculations for aviation, astronomy and land surveying. I could see me being a civil engineer if I had the opportunity now; back in my college days, though, I would've flopped just from lack of interest.

I'm astounded at how bad young people are with it now. Go to Burger King, have an order for $6.14, give the kid $10.25 and watch his face go blank.

Posted: September 21st, 2006, 7:59 am
by Jamais Vu
haha i voted that i love it.

it is more fascinating to me than most other subjects from school. without math, nothing could exist.

who put that they were passionate about it haha??? i do admit to owning a movie about pi, AND a book about pi as well lol.

Posted: September 21st, 2006, 11:10 am
by Darling
Really like numbers, but no algebra,geo, etc.

Posted: September 21st, 2006, 11:27 am
by Gerald Creasy
I like the possibilities of math and the challenge of a problem, however, throughout my School education there was problems with the teachers who taught me math, one quit and we were taught by a string of substitutes, anothers father was dying and he couldnt concentrate, and at least two were elderly and taught through intimidation...more and more problems with the math teachers I had.

Consequently, math was my weakest subject and I had to take a remedial test before entering college (which I passed).

This of course instilled quite a loathing for math.

BUt I feel more confident today, encountering more and more 30 and 20 year olds that can't even add. In comparison, I am Lighting McQueen with my math skills.

Posted: September 21st, 2006, 11:40 am
by RamboPreacher
like it, understand it, but still use my fingers. :)

Posted: September 21st, 2006, 1:35 pm
by teach
RamboPreacher wrote:like it, understand it, but still use my fingers. :)


so do I and I teach math!

Posted: September 21st, 2006, 1:52 pm
by Susie Hamilton
I was good at math in school, even worked formulas backwards. But when I joined the navy they gave me a calculator. I still have it. I love it.....