Page 1 of 1

Pat Robertson Backs Giuliani's Bid

Posted: November 7th, 2007, 8:03 am
by MacUser
Pat Robertson Backs Giuliani's Bid
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... le=1&lst=1

WASHINGTON (AP) - Televangelist Pat Robertson, founder of the Christian Coalition, endorsed Republican presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani on Wednesday.

"It is my pleasure to announce my support for America's Mayor, Rudy Giuliani, a proven leader who is not afraid of what lies ahead and who will cast a hopeful vision for all Americans," Robertson said during a news conference with Giuliani in Washington.

****

Does he know something I don't?

Posted: November 7th, 2007, 8:37 am
by forestwalker
I don't get it. I haven't been keeping up with Robertson for several years. Does he now believe that an aggressive stance against the Muslims outweighs all other issues, including abortion and the other old deal-stoppers? Or is he just desperate to back a winner after years without the power he once held?

Posted: November 7th, 2007, 12:14 pm
by Paully_44
forestwalker wrote:I don't get it. I haven't been keeping up with Robertson for several years. Does he now believe that an aggressive stance against the Muslims outweighs all other issues, including abortion and the other old deal-stoppers? Or is he just desperate to back a winner after years without the power he once held?


Does Pat's word really carry any weight?

Posted: November 7th, 2007, 12:20 pm
by forestwalker
Paully_44 wrote:Does Pat's word really carry any weight?

Very little, I think. That's why I ask that last question above.

Robertson & Guilianni

Posted: November 11th, 2007, 3:50 pm
by Dar
Pat Robertson is sending a mixed message, that's for sure. But, I feel somewhat mixed about Rudy myself. I can't admire his personal choices, nor many of the politcal stances he takes, but I was very impressed with the way he handled himself during the September 11 attacks. He showed a remarkable leadership style and it seemed to come naturally to him. Maybe this is part of the reason Pat Robertson chose to support him. If we are looking at separating religion from politics and just looking at the person for their abilities and skills in leadership, Rudy is a good candidate.