What are your names for your grandparents?

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

User avatar
Shellie
Site Admin
Posts: 8750
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 4:24 pm
Location: USA,Florida
Contact:

What are your names for your grandparents?

Postby Shellie » December 10th, 2007, 5:06 pm

I've had a mamaw, a papaw, a granddad, a grandma, a gram and a mimi.

I thought it might be interesting to see what all names we have had for our grandparents.
There never was a horse that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

User avatar
jinjer
Hey, hey, hey
Posts: 1711
Joined: January 31st, 2003, 10:08 am
Location: USA,Alabama

Postby jinjer » December 10th, 2007, 5:18 pm

Mamaw, Papaw. Growing up I thought I was the only one who used these terms. I never saw any Hallmark cards with these titles on them.

Jinjer

User avatar
RamboPreacher
RamboPreacher
Posts: 12355
Joined: July 17th, 2004, 5:41 pm
Location: USA, Texas

Postby RamboPreacher » December 10th, 2007, 5:38 pm

I am grambo, and my wife is mamaw
My ex-wife and her husband are naanah, and grampa gray
the grandkids dads parents are meemee and papa

(oh, and by the way, we are all friends and go to the same church!)

don't remember my grandparents, except my moms mom - "aunti-grandma". Mom had lots of sisters adn my oldest brother called them auntie- this and that, so auntie-grandma was natural, so we all adopted that name for her.
Thanks, Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling

User avatar
Darling
Woohoo!
Posts: 1417
Joined: May 13th, 2004, 9:01 am
Location: Washington

Postby Darling » December 10th, 2007, 5:45 pm

I am Gram to grandkids and great grandkids. Hubbie is Big Poppa and Poppa
As a kid, I called both sets grandma and grandpa.

Ilovebigcats
---=== J2 ===---
Posts: 5044
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 6:58 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby Ilovebigcats » December 10th, 2007, 6:18 pm

I have/had:

Nanny and Pappy
Maw Maw and Paw Paw
Mam Maw and Pap Paw
Nan Naw and Poppa

In addition, my kids have/had:

Ludie and Frank (weird, I know)
Grami and Granddaddy
Net and Poppy

User avatar
Brenda
I can see clearly now!
Posts: 2196
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 5:56 am
Location: USA,Michigan

Postby Brenda » December 10th, 2007, 7:05 pm

When I was born all my grandparents were dead.

To the Grand kids..
I am Gramma and hubby is Grampa

The same with the great grandkids.

The great grandkids call their grandparents..
Amma and Pap paw.

Soon I will have another great grand kid living here for the first time.. He will be 3 on Wednesday.
I am Gramma to his mommie so not too sure what I will be to him. Not sure what she calls us to him.
B.R.
________________________________________
On the Cross he was crucified, in great sorrow, He died. The giver of life for you and me.

pastorsa1
Needs Decaf
Posts: 204
Joined: August 21st, 2006, 5:45 pm
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby pastorsa1 » December 10th, 2007, 7:14 pm

Grandpa, Grandma, Grand daddy, & Granny

User avatar
TW
Established Member
Posts: 8866
Joined: November 4th, 2004, 3:38 pm
Location: USA,Georgia
Contact:

Postby TW » December 10th, 2007, 7:20 pm

Grandpa, Grandma and Grandpa, Grandma :shrug2:


TW
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/

User avatar
Sherry
Moderator
Posts: 5731
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 6:13 pm
Location: USA,Texas
Contact:

Postby Sherry » December 10th, 2007, 7:32 pm

Grandpa & Grandma and Granny and Pawpaw


User avatar
Linda
Hey, hey, hey
Posts: 1630
Joined: February 2nd, 2003, 6:55 pm
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby Linda » December 10th, 2007, 7:59 pm

My grandmother insisted we call her "Mama Grace". I called her grandmother one time, just for fun, and she let me know right away that she was "MAMA GRACE". :roll: She was a hoot.

Mama Grace married Frank a few years after her first husband died. We called him "Papa Frank". He was a Jew and I would love to set and talk to him. He came from Hungrary when he was a boy. He was a really wonderful person.

I never knew my fathers parents, they died when I was a baby.

My daughters called both sets of their grandparents "Granny" and "Poppa".
Linda

User avatar
Shellie
Site Admin
Posts: 8750
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 4:24 pm
Location: USA,Florida
Contact:

Postby Shellie » December 11th, 2007, 1:49 am

My kids call our parents:

Papaw and Nana, Grandmama, Papaw and Granny and they call my dad Grumpaw!
There never was a horse that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

INLOVE
Hall Of Fame
Posts: 572
Joined: December 11th, 2004, 12:16 pm
Location: USA,Ohio

Postby INLOVE » December 11th, 2007, 3:41 am

My husband calls his Boompa and Gran-gran
INLOVE WITH GOD, HUSBAND AND MY BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN!

cndlou
Hall Of Fame
Posts: 582
Joined: March 13th, 2004, 9:21 am
Location: USA,Mississippi

Postby cndlou » December 11th, 2007, 4:08 am

Mamaw, Papaw and Great grandpa

User avatar
lady4jc
I can see clearly now!
Posts: 2045
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 9:32 am
Location: USA,WestVirginia
Contact:

Postby lady4jc » December 11th, 2007, 5:56 am

My mom and dad are momaw and papal. My grandparents were Grandma and Pop
I am Nanna and my husband is Papal

Dr. Ron
I like flapjacks.
Posts: 3688
Joined: December 14th, 2004, 10:53 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

What are your grandparents names?

Postby Dr. Ron » December 11th, 2007, 6:15 am

My dad's parents were; Momma Hamm and Poppa Hamm
My moms parents were; Mammie and Pappie

My mom is Nannie
My dad's name was Paw Paw....now my step dad is Pappa Jim...or paw paw Jim

My name for my grands is Poppi
My wife is Grammy

Every one at our church calls my mom Nannie ....most don't even know her real name I don't think...lol

Many of the kids here call me Poppi....and I love it!
Dr. Ron


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Login  •  Register