Page 1 of 2

What are your names for your grandparents?

Posted: December 10th, 2007, 5:06 pm
by Shellie
I've had a mamaw, a papaw, a granddad, a grandma, a gram and a mimi.

I thought it might be interesting to see what all names we have had for our grandparents.

Posted: December 10th, 2007, 5:18 pm
by jinjer
Mamaw, Papaw. Growing up I thought I was the only one who used these terms. I never saw any Hallmark cards with these titles on them.

Jinjer

Posted: December 10th, 2007, 5:38 pm
by RamboPreacher
I am grambo, and my wife is mamaw
My ex-wife and her husband are naanah, and grampa gray
the grandkids dads parents are meemee and papa

(oh, and by the way, we are all friends and go to the same church!)

don't remember my grandparents, except my moms mom - "aunti-grandma". Mom had lots of sisters adn my oldest brother called them auntie- this and that, so auntie-grandma was natural, so we all adopted that name for her.

Posted: December 10th, 2007, 5:45 pm
by Darling
I am Gram to grandkids and great grandkids. Hubbie is Big Poppa and Poppa
As a kid, I called both sets grandma and grandpa.

Posted: December 10th, 2007, 6:18 pm
by Ilovebigcats
I have/had:

Nanny and Pappy
Maw Maw and Paw Paw
Mam Maw and Pap Paw
Nan Naw and Poppa

In addition, my kids have/had:

Ludie and Frank (weird, I know)
Grami and Granddaddy
Net and Poppy

Posted: December 10th, 2007, 7:05 pm
by Brenda
When I was born all my grandparents were dead.

To the Grand kids..
I am Gramma and hubby is Grampa

The same with the great grandkids.

The great grandkids call their grandparents..
Amma and Pap paw.

Soon I will have another great grand kid living here for the first time.. He will be 3 on Wednesday.
I am Gramma to his mommie so not too sure what I will be to him. Not sure what she calls us to him.

Posted: December 10th, 2007, 7:14 pm
by pastorsa1
Grandpa, Grandma, Grand daddy, & Granny

Posted: December 10th, 2007, 7:20 pm
by TW
Grandpa, Grandma and Grandpa, Grandma :shrug2:


TW

Posted: December 10th, 2007, 7:32 pm
by Sherry
Grandpa & Grandma and Granny and Pawpaw


Posted: December 10th, 2007, 7:59 pm
by Linda
My grandmother insisted we call her "Mama Grace". I called her grandmother one time, just for fun, and she let me know right away that she was "MAMA GRACE". :roll: She was a hoot.

Mama Grace married Frank a few years after her first husband died. We called him "Papa Frank". He was a Jew and I would love to set and talk to him. He came from Hungrary when he was a boy. He was a really wonderful person.

I never knew my fathers parents, they died when I was a baby.

My daughters called both sets of their grandparents "Granny" and "Poppa".

Posted: December 11th, 2007, 1:49 am
by Shellie
My kids call our parents:

Papaw and Nana, Grandmama, Papaw and Granny and they call my dad Grumpaw!

Posted: December 11th, 2007, 3:41 am
by INLOVE
My husband calls his Boompa and Gran-gran

Posted: December 11th, 2007, 4:08 am
by cndlou
Mamaw, Papaw and Great grandpa

Posted: December 11th, 2007, 5:56 am
by lady4jc
My mom and dad are momaw and papal. My grandparents were Grandma and Pop
I am Nanna and my husband is Papal

What are your grandparents names?

Posted: December 11th, 2007, 6:15 am
by Dr. Ron
My dad's parents were; Momma Hamm and Poppa Hamm
My moms parents were; Mammie and Pappie

My mom is Nannie
My dad's name was Paw Paw....now my step dad is Pappa Jim...or paw paw Jim

My name for my grands is Poppi
My wife is Grammy

Every one at our church calls my mom Nannie ....most don't even know her real name I don't think...lol

Many of the kids here call me Poppi....and I love it!