Page 1 of 1
Assembly Wireless Internet
Posted: July 4th, 2008, 10:29 am
by jtspy
Would anyone happen to know if the Gaylord Center offers wireless internet? Or is there a place close by that does? Some hotels have it.
Jim.
Ahem
Posted: July 4th, 2008, 10:42 am
by Pastor Gary
Well --- Technically? I don't think so. Last Assembly, I sniffed out an internal network and managed to pull down an urgent email. Don't report me to the WiFi police.

Posted: July 4th, 2008, 6:12 pm
by Billy n NC
When I was there two years ago I could find about 8 or 9 networks floating around. Most was very weak signals strong signals required Passwords etc.
The Exhibit Hall had a connection but they wanted something like 350 PLUS bucks for the week for the password.
Several of the food/bars around also offer it.
removed
Posted: July 5th, 2008, 5:30 am
by Mat
removed
Posted: July 5th, 2008, 6:03 am
by Full Quiver
The city has talked about building a free WiFi network but it hasn't happened yet to my knowledge. The Renaissance hotel should have WiFi especially in the bridge area. They have an area with food, drinks, TV, sitting, etc and the hotel connects to the convention center and the Sommet. The little coffee shops around probably have WIFI as well.
I know a few places with Comcast connections and I still have that password if it comes down to it.

Posted: July 5th, 2008, 9:01 am
by rjjunior
http://www.jiwire.com doesn't show very many, but it claims the Renaissance does.
Posted: July 5th, 2008, 11:31 am
by Full Quiver
I'd be surprised if the Renaissance didn't.
wireless
Posted: July 5th, 2008, 12:05 pm
by Pastor Gary
Full Quiver wrote:I'd be surprised if the Renaissance didn't.
There's no free wireless in the Renaissance except in the Concierge Lounge on the next to the top floor.
There's some kind of com package for about $12/day for long distance, wired broadband, etc. In room.
Posted: July 5th, 2008, 1:06 pm
by Full Quiver
I didn't realize the thread was for free connections only.
Re: wireless
Posted: July 5th, 2008, 4:45 pm
by Billy n NC
Pastor Gary wrote:Full Quiver wrote:I'd be surprised if the Renaissance didn't.
There's no free wireless in the Renaissance except in the Concierge Lounge on the next to the top floor.
There's some kind of com package for about $12/day for long distance, wired broadband, etc. In room.
Yes that is what I paid for 3 of days after giving up on finding a freebie.
I thought it was awful. We had stayed at a days inn driving up to nashville and had free internet for a $59 room.
Huh?
Posted: July 5th, 2008, 5:16 pm
by Pastor Gary
Full Quiver wrote:I didn't realize the thread was for free connections only.
Huh?
Posted: July 5th, 2008, 5:23 pm
by Full Quiver
I thought we were talking about WiFi connections in general and not free WIFI specifically.
yeah
Posted: July 5th, 2008, 5:25 pm
by Pastor Gary
Full Quiver wrote:I thought we were talking about WiFi connections in general and not free WIFI specifically.
Yes. And that's what I discussed... some free service and some paid. I am still confused...

Re: wireless
Posted: July 5th, 2008, 5:37 pm
by DaJudge
Billy n NC wrote:
I thought it was awful. We had stayed at a days inn driving up to nashville and had free internet for a $59 room.
My experience has been that the more expensive the hotel, the less likely they will have free ANYTHING. Expensive hotels nickel and dime you to DEATH.