Idea! Your thoughts? Anyone game?

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Karen
Whoa!!
Whoa!!
Posts: 496
Joined: April 10th, 2006, 10:25 am
Location: USA,Virginia

Idea! Your thoughts? Anyone game?

Postby Karen » September 3rd, 2008, 6:50 pm

I read Pastor Gary's topic about the bumper sticker and the comments and I have an idea that would serve 2 purposes.

Is anyone Interested?

There are many talented people on this board from many different places in the United States. My idea is for us to all join together and run with making the bumper sticker that Pastor Gary came up with and begin selling them in all of our local areas.

I propose that all profits be donated to a fund for ministers health coverage and retirement needs, the first recipient to be Pastor Sam, and for Pastor Gary to oversee the funds.

Dolfan, could you give legal advice about this?
Revelation 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints; those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Y’shua.

Revelation 22:12-13
“And behold, I am coming quickly, and my reward is with me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last. Blessed are those who do His Commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.”

User avatar
pastorables
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4748
Joined: February 9th, 2004, 10:01 am
Location: USA, Alabama
Contact:

Postby pastorables » September 3rd, 2008, 6:57 pm

I would think the bumper sticker is fair game if made generically, but with any trademarked logos applied... could spell infringement and lawsuit.

pa
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr

Image

Karen
Whoa!!
Whoa!!
Posts: 496
Joined: April 10th, 2006, 10:25 am
Location: USA,Virginia

Postby Karen » September 3rd, 2008, 7:04 pm

pastorables wrote:I would think the bumper sticker is fair game if made generically, but with any trademarked logos applied... could spell infringement and lawsuit.

pa


Then we would have to make sure that it did not have any trade marks on it. I am sure that with all of the talent, knowledge and resources of the people here that we could make it happen. There are bound to be people here that do this type of thing in connection with their regular employment. We could all share ideas and "fine tune" the design here on-line and get it moving. There is not much time...but we could do it if everyone would get involved.
Revelation 14:12

Here is the patience of the saints; those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Y’shua.



Revelation 22:12-13

“And behold, I am coming quickly, and my reward is with me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last. Blessed are those who do His Commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.”

Karen
Whoa!!
Whoa!!
Posts: 496
Joined: April 10th, 2006, 10:25 am
Location: USA,Virginia

Postby Karen » September 4th, 2008, 6:57 am

bump
Revelation 14:12

Here is the patience of the saints; those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Y’shua.



Revelation 22:12-13

“And behold, I am coming quickly, and my reward is with me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last. Blessed are those who do His Commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.”

Karen
Whoa!!
Whoa!!
Posts: 496
Joined: April 10th, 2006, 10:25 am
Location: USA,Virginia

Postby Karen » September 4th, 2008, 7:58 am

I am shocked! :-k ](*,) [-o< [-X
Revelation 14:12

Here is the patience of the saints; those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Y’shua.



Revelation 22:12-13

“And behold, I am coming quickly, and my reward is with me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last. Blessed are those who do His Commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.”

User avatar
Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 10475
Joined: January 28th, 2003, 9:03 pm
Location: USA,Hawaii
Contact:

Here's another one

Postby Pastor Gary » September 4th, 2008, 5:23 pm

Here's another one I saw tonight.

Image
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

Karen
Whoa!!
Whoa!!
Posts: 496
Joined: April 10th, 2006, 10:25 am
Location: USA,Virginia

Re: Here's another one

Postby Karen » September 4th, 2008, 5:53 pm

Pastor Gary wrote:Here's another one I saw tonight.

Image


That is a good one too! Can you possibly give me any insight why there has not been more response to the idea and proposal? Its not as if I suggested it for any personal gain or were trying to steal your creative design. Shucks.......I don't even know Pastor Sam or Jennifer but they are my brother and my sister just as they are everyone else's here, and they know him. It is puzzleing. They wish him well but they won't even entertain the idea of using some of their personal time that could not only help them, but might even be big enough to help others? I am confused about this and don't understand it.
Revelation 14:12

Here is the patience of the saints; those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Y’shua.



Revelation 22:12-13

“And behold, I am coming quickly, and my reward is with me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last. Blessed are those who do His Commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.”

User avatar
Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---
Posts: 5168
Joined: February 3rd, 2003, 10:04 am
Location: USA,Kentucky
Contact:

Postby Pastor Bill » September 5th, 2008, 4:48 am

Karen,

I can say myself, I haven't responded, because 1 you're not going to make as much as you think on a project like this, and 2 even if this did to amazingly well, it would be a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of health insurance, especially knowing that this would only be a temporary fix.

One thing that puzzels me though is if God has lead them in this direction, why should we work against God's leading? Do we doubt God, or doubt they have heard God correctly?

Sam & Jennifer are being led by God, we don't know the whys or what-fors, but we do know HE is still in control.
"Why would God allow Hitler his chapter in history? Why would God send a whale to swallow Jonah or turn a woman into a pillar of salt? Surely there were other ways. But I'll leave the particular methods of God to God."
-Spoken by David Abraham, Showdown by Ted Dekker

User avatar
Jennifer Smith
Moderator
Posts: 3745
Joined: June 23rd, 2003, 11:40 am
Location: USA,Indiana

Postby Jennifer Smith » September 5th, 2008, 6:35 am

If I may...

I think the gesture is admirable... if anyone were to take it up I would do my part, however small, and I appreciate the thought immensely....

But as for pastoring, we do need a break. Even ministers get burned out... in the Bible even the ground was supposed to be given a rest every seven years, and we have been at this for 13! :) But I'm sure we'll be back, if and when the Lord wills.

I think someone with an entrepreneurial (is that a word? :) ) gifting would have to take an idea like that up! What if the money was used to just give pastors a vacation? That would be wonderful!

BTW, if any one in ministry needs a retreat/rest, we know of a retreat vacation house that is open to ministers, in Florida. It is free to stay there, and I believe these folks have an apostolic (ministry to pastors) calling. It is operated by a wonderful semi-retired pastor and his wife near West Palm Beach, Florida. (Friends of ours from when we lived there.)
..I press on to take hold of that
for which Christ took hold of me.
-Phil 3:12

Karen
Whoa!!
Whoa!!
Posts: 496
Joined: April 10th, 2006, 10:25 am
Location: USA,Virginia

Postby Karen » September 5th, 2008, 6:48 am

Pastor Bill wrote:Karen,

I can say myself, I haven't responded, because 1 you're not going to make as much as you think on a project like this, and 2 even if this did to amazingly well, it would be a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of health insurance, especially knowing that this would only be a temporary fix.

One thing that puzzels me though is if God has lead them in this direction, why should we work against God's leading? Do we doubt God, or doubt they have heard God correctly?

Sam & Jennifer are being led by God, we don't know the whys or what-fors, but we do know HE is still in control.




I think that Pastor Gary's signature "What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail? Do it anyway.", is something to think about in this situation. How can you know the outcome for sure unless you are at least willing to give it a try?

You could very well be right and it might come to nothing. Or, it might grow and inspire others to join in and do other similar things and add to the cause. Everything has a beginning, a starting point to grow from. If it did catch on, perhaps it could only support a few but over time it might grow to be able to support many in need.

I don't share your view that it would be working against God or doubting God's leading for their life.

My view is that it is being obedient to God in not only supporting his ministers, but also if you see your brother in need, to help them.

I appreciate your input.
Karen
Revelation 14:12

Here is the patience of the saints; those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Y’shua.



Revelation 22:12-13

“And behold, I am coming quickly, and my reward is with me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last. Blessed are those who do His Commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.”

Karen
Whoa!!
Whoa!!
Posts: 496
Joined: April 10th, 2006, 10:25 am
Location: USA,Virginia

Postby Karen » September 5th, 2008, 3:43 pm

Jennifer Smith wrote:If I may...

I think the gesture is admirable... if anyone were to take it up I would do my part, however small, and I appreciate the thought immensely....

But as for pastoring, we do need a break. Even ministers get burned out... in the Bible even the ground was supposed to be given a rest every seven years, and we have been at this for 13! :) But I'm sure we'll be back, if and when the Lord wills.

I think someone with an entrepreneurial (is that a word? :) ) gifting would have to take an idea like that up! What if the money was used to just give pastors a vacation? That would be wonderful!

BTW, if any one in ministry needs a retreat/rest, we know of a retreat vacation house that is open to ministers, in Florida. It is free to stay there, and I believe these folks have an apostolic (ministry to pastors) calling. It is operated by a wonderful semi-retired pastor and his wife near West Palm Beach, Florida. (Friends of ours from when we lived there.)


Hi Jennifer,
It is so nice that your responded. Please accept my apology for just now getting back with you. Things got a bit hectic at work today and I ended up working an 11 hour day with a 1 hour lunch break and I haven't been home very long.

I appreciate your willingness to get involved not just because it might benefit you but that it might benefit others as well. However, we would need some legal advice from an atorney but no attorney that frequents this forum has offered their advice.

Giving pastors a vacation is a need to. God believes in periods of rest as you pointed out so well. That is one reason he gave us the sabbath. He said that the sabbath is for the man, not the man for the sabbath.

I am so disappointed that so few would even consider it and most seem to have a spirit to give up before they even try.

It really wouldn't be that hard once a design and/or several different designs were agreed on, tweeked, brushed up and fine tuned. Anyone with a computer and a color printer at home could easily do this just using the Micro$oft office software that is pretty standard and the proper paper can be purchased at any office supply store.

I proposed that Pastor Gary oversee the funds because everyone here knows and trusts him and further, the bumper sticker was his design. But, he has not responded if he would even be willing or could do this.

I am glad that we finally had an opportunity to communicate. Whether or not I have ever met you, whether or not we do or do not belong to the same denomination, if you love and serve Jesus with your whole heart, mind and spirit, you are my sister. I wish you all the best. You, your husband and family are in my prayers.

Karen
Revelation 14:12

Here is the patience of the saints; those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Y’shua.



Revelation 22:12-13

“And behold, I am coming quickly, and my reward is with me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last. Blessed are those who do His Commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.”


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Login  •  Register