Page 1 of 1
What guys think about what girls wear
Posted: October 1st, 2008, 6:35 pm
by Pastor Gary
Hey Pastors and Youth Pastors -- have you checked out the resource at
boybrains.com dealing with "What guys think about what girls wear."
What I saw looks like it would be good.
Posted: October 2nd, 2008, 2:44 am
by kurt73
I run the Men's ministry at our church and I think I'll get that video to show to the men in the group and then pass it on to the youth pastor.
Posted: October 2nd, 2008, 2:51 am
by RamboPreacher
kurt73 wrote:I run the Men's ministry at our church and I think I'll get that video to show to the men in the group and then pass it on to the youth pastor.
I am too, ordered it and had the same thought about giving it to our youth pastor.

we might have to get it too....
Posted: October 2nd, 2008, 5:24 am
by jessicacook
It looks interesting! It's definitely something that is needed today.
Thanks for posting it, PG.
Posted: October 2nd, 2008, 5:56 am
by A2JGirl
Oooh! I wanna read that! I strive to be modest, and since being married, I've learned a lot of things I wish I had known before, but I never want to assume that there isn't anything else I could learn.
Another place I learned some things was from
The Modesty Survey.
Posted: October 2nd, 2008, 6:52 am
by kurt73
A2JGirl wrote:Oooh! I wanna read that! I strive to be modest, and since being married, I've learned a lot of things I wish I had known before, but I never want to assume that there isn't anything else I could learn.
Another place I learned some things was from
The Modesty Survey.
I think I'm going to have my 12 yr old daughter do that survey, thanks for sharing

Posted: October 2nd, 2008, 7:27 am
by ErinNicole
Another great resource for teenage girls is a book by Haley DiMarco called Sexy Girls: How Hot is Too Hot. We did at senior camp a couple of years ago and the girls told me how much they needed to hear some of the things in that book.
Another of her books that is good is Technical Virgin: How Far is Too Far.
http://www.askhayley.com
Posted: October 2nd, 2008, 7:43 am
by jessicacook
That Modesty Survery was very interesting! Thanks for sharing!
I love Hayley DiMArco's books. She holds nothing back and tells it like it is! I've used those two specific ones mentioned in classes I have done for the girls. Very good!
Hmmmmm
Posted: October 2nd, 2008, 10:22 am
by Pastor Gary
I read some things on that site and, to be frank, it was a very confused presentation... I wish they would have simply posted a summary that said something like:
"When we asked hundreds of young guys about how they felt about the way young girls dress/act, and how it impacts them, we learned that...
--70% of the guys are really bothered by ____________________.
--Most of them wish girls would not _________________________."
Know what I mean?
Trying to weed through it, I also noted that some of the things there seem to be problems for young, testosterone-charged guys with no legitimate outlet for their sexual desires, but those same things are just not an issue for me as an older guy.
But good info overall, and a resource to be bookmarked.
Posted: October 2nd, 2008, 10:35 am
by HogWild
I do have to admit that the first time I saw the title of this post, I thought it had something to do with big girl panties.
