A Note from President Bush-copied

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

paul
I can see clearly now!

A Note from President Bush-copied

Postby paul » November 5th, 2008, 10:27 am

I just read this form a source I receive called Breaking Christain News
When read it, all I could say was " I still believe in this country and give thanks that I was priviliedged to be born and raise here."

President Bush Encourages the Nation Regarding the ElectionsPresident G. W. Bush (November 5, 2008)

"For more than two centuries, Americans have demonstrated the ability of free people to choose their own leaders. Our Nation has flourished because of its commitment to trusting the wisdom of our citizenry. In this year's election, this tradition continue[s]. And we [are] reminded once again that we are blessed to live in a free nation guided by the will of the people."

Election season brings out the spirit of competition between our political parties, and that competition is an essential part of a healthy democracy. Republicans, Democrats, and Independents can find common ground on at least one point: Our system of representative democracy is one of America's greatest strengths. (White House Photo by Eric Draper)

The United States was founded on the belief that all men are created equal. Every Election Day, millions of Americans of all races, religions, and backgrounds step into voting booths throughout the Nation. Whether they are rich or poor, old or young, each of them has an equal share in choosing the path that our country will take. And every ballot they cast is a reminder that our founding principles are alive and well. Voting is one of the great privileges of American citizenship, and it has always required brave defenders. [It is important to] remember the sacrifices that have been made by generations of Americans in uniform to preserve our way of life. From Bunker Hill to Baghdad, the men and women of American Armed Forces have been devoted guardians of our democracy. All of us owe them and their families a special debt of gratitude.

Americans should also remember the important example that our elections set throughout the world. Young democracies from Georgia and Ukraine to Afghanistan and Iraq can look to the United States for proof that self-government can endure. And nations that still live under tyranny and oppression can find hope and inspiration in our commitment to liberty.

For more than two centuries, Americans have demonstrated the ability of free people to choose their own leaders. Our Nation has flourished because of its commitment to trusting the wisdom of our citizenry. In this year's election, we see this tradition continue. And [are] reminded once again that we are blessed to live in a free nation guided by the will of the people.

Thank you... -President George W. Bush

Source: The White House
You cannot effectively love and minister to others when you are obsessed with protecting
and preserving yourself.

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”