Pastor's Salaries

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

In your opinion, what is the maximum salary a pastor should make?

1. Pastors should not receive a salary but rather the income God supplies.
6%
2. Pastors should be allowed up to $38,000 for salary.
No votes
3. Pastors should be allowed up to $50,000 for salary.
6%
4. Pastors should be allowed up to $100,000 for salary.
No votes
5. The pastor's income should be commensurate to level of experience.
11%
6. The pastor's income should be based upon cost of living.
17%
7. There should be no maximum income enforced.
61%

Total votes: 36

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » July 9th, 2004, 6:25 am

panhandler wrote:My biggest area of credit turn-downs is Christians. Why do you think that is?

Just curious, how are Christians categorized on a credit app? Unless someone puts down as their profession something to do with religion, how would you know their religous beliefs?
Let the wild rumpus start!

panhandler

Postby panhandler » July 9th, 2004, 8:13 am

I try to share who I am and what I believe even in my job situation, because of this other Christians will share about their lives. If they choose to get a set of cookware (hence" Panhandler") through financing I have to take an app. The app does not ask but if they have shared....
"I imagine God is weary of being called down on both sides of an argument" Cold Mountain

THE RAzEr
1100 Dalmatians

Postby THE RAzEr » July 12th, 2004, 3:57 pm

I notice it's the Pastors and spouses of small churches with small church mentality that are for the Communist way of paying the Pastors. (Equal for all.) Let's hear from the Pastor of a medium or large congregation (500+) and see what s/he has to say.

You might be on the wrong board to here from such a Pastor. I will say though that I find your theory interesting. Is it that you expect that those who have more want more, or believe they should recieve more?

I hope I have mis read you!

It is great you home church has done what it should be doing.
I hope you are going to do the same with your $468,000 a year. $8000 a week. If you just gaive $100,000 it to another church this year and they grew like you did, and you could do the same next year, and they could in three years, and you could and the next church could. There would be no church on a mountain somewhere who could not pay a pastor. As a matter of fact. The need has been presented on this very thread. Do I hear $10,000 to keep the chuerch on the mountaintop!

I thank god for your testimony and what has been done to help your ministry, but there are people suffering who no one is helping. some churches in the sames denominations who have large CD accounts while there brothers are pastoring below the poverty line.

I am not a Pastor of a small church. I don't pastor any church. Feed the pastor!

Ray

THE RAzEr

Hinn may lay an egg, a Dollar may not be worth two cents, ERekA might be a Star in a Top Hat, Copeland-Hagin may be like a can of snuff in some rich dude's back pocket, but I'm still Pentecostal to the bone.

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”