Page 1 of 1

Tracy, ever seen anything like this?

Posted: February 26th, 2009, 6:21 pm
by EagerBeaver

Posted: February 27th, 2009, 2:51 pm
by Full Quiver
From what I understand Chris, it is not that unusual. Rare yes, but it does happen.

Posted: February 28th, 2009, 6:44 pm
by TC
I have seen a few things like that when i was growing up, most never live long at all. I remember as a kid I saw one with 6 legs. I have seen a Chicken with two heads.

Posted: February 28th, 2009, 6:48 pm
by EagerBeaver
We were told by the folks at the Missouri University Extension that for a calf to be born with two heads and live as long as it did, is very rare in fact.

The little dude died after 36 hours on this earth.

Posted: March 1st, 2009, 3:08 am
by Tracy
I have heard of that too, I think. Amazing, isn't it?

Our milk cow is due to calve probably any day now. Hopefully the baby will just have one head.

Posted: March 1st, 2009, 9:47 am
by one love
I noticed they seemed to have a hard time breathing, do you think they are sharing lungs? Imagine both trying to breath at the same time from the same pair of lungs..

Posted: March 1st, 2009, 9:52 am
by Cpt. Jack
Will it be twice as smart ? :lol: :lol:

Posted: March 1st, 2009, 3:30 pm
by EagerBeaver
one love wrote:I noticed they seemed to have a hard time breathing, do you think they are sharing lungs? Imagine both trying to breath at the same time from the same pair of lungs..


I think they were sharing lungs. Their combined breath was so rapid and labored we thought it was even a wonder it was still alive.

Cpt. Jack wrote:Will it be twice as smart ?


We'll never know. It died three hours after we left.

Posted: March 2nd, 2009, 12:55 am
by TC
being raised sonewhat on a farm, you get used to animals dying. my sister used to name everything, even if we were told you don't name supper and sooner or later they will all be supper