my heart aches

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

THE RAzEr
1100 Dalmatians

my heart aches

Postby THE RAzEr » March 25th, 2009, 5:33 pm

One success story!???!!!

Some of you know I work as a Chaplin and Counselor at a juvenile Lock-up. We get kids when the families, schools, detention centers, psychologists and the community workers have turned the job to the courts, and then the courts to us.

My job is to counsel, to love, to pray, and at times, I have to get physical to protect.

If you want to know what I do, watch a movie entittled GritIron Gang. Well it tells part of the story anyway.

I ask you pray for the guys this week. We had a kid come through the program.

He was hard. Never had much of the good life. He never did well in school. He got in trouble and into the courts. He was like someone going down for the last time.

He found a purpose. He went through our program. Got on the honor roll. Graduated school. Started to church in our facility by choice on Wed. and Sunday. Graduated our program. Went home two weeks ago.
He got a job at UPS. He told his Mom "I'm gonna make you proud."

Shot dead in the Louisville streets as a small crowd look on!

I don't know how to save them, but I refuse to give it up. I love my kids.
Please pray for them.

I saw some THOUGH GUYS weeping today.

I saw some career people who have seen and battled with it all weeping today. Pray for them not to give up.

I've been weeping today, and if by chance you find the time, Pray for me also.

The others first!

Ray A

THE RAzEr

Hinn may lay an egg, a Dollar may not be worth two cents, ERekA might be a Star in a Top Hat, Copeland-Hagin may be like a can of snuff in some rich dude's back pocket, but I'm still Pentecostal to the bone.

bibleguy
The J2 500

Postby bibleguy » March 25th, 2009, 6:07 pm

God bless you Ray. You're in my prayers, as is your work.
Get your nose in the Book! Be a Bible Guy Today!

n2jesus
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...

My heart goes out...

Postby n2jesus » March 25th, 2009, 6:10 pm

My heart goes out to you, to his family, to all those that work with these precious seemingly discarded souls...I pray you have renewed vigor in your heart and soul, that almighty God is looking down at the work you and others are doing to save a lost generation...Godspeed to all, mercy, grace and peace be upon all that you give in the name of Jesus...

Linda
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Linda » March 25th, 2009, 7:03 pm

Ray, I will be praying for you! This is a great work you are doing for these kids. May God bless all of your kids that you take care of. BTW, my daughter used to work in one of these facilities as a counselor to teenage boys. She loved it!!! She ended up leaving because of a corupt Judge who owned the facility. He didn't care about the kids, just the money he would get from it. That facility might be shut down by now. Anyways...keep up the good work and know that the seeds you are planting will grow!
Linda

Dr. Ron
I like flapjacks.

my heart aches

Postby Dr. Ron » March 26th, 2009, 4:17 am

Ray....

Words cannot express the admiration I have for you in this ministry. I know what it is like to work with these kids and how it can break your heart day after day.

I will keep you in my prayers daily. By the way, the kid made his mom proud by achieveing what no one thought he could. He cleaned up his life and made peace with God.......no greater accomplishment than that.

My heart goes out to all those kids.....

Hang in there buddy......
Dr. Ron

MacUser
Established Member

Postby MacUser » March 26th, 2009, 4:28 am

You are being extremely effective Ray. God Bless You.
Chris -

... Behold, the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world!
John 1:29

paul
I can see clearly now!

Postby paul » March 26th, 2009, 4:36 am

Ray,

I thank God for men and women like yourself who have been called to what seems like an impossible task. But thank God you are there, because you know it is not impossible, because you know a living savior who can turn the most harden person around.

We pray for the family mentioned and also for you and yoour fellow workers.
You cannot effectively love and minister to others when you are obsessed with protecting
and preserving yourself.

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » March 26th, 2009, 7:37 am

Hey, Ray. You got my prayers, bro. You and these guys, these families. Lord help them, help Ray, help us all.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

one love
Woohoo!

Re: my heart aches

Postby one love » March 26th, 2009, 8:15 am

THE RAzEr wrote:One success story!???!!!

Some of you know I work as a Chaplin and Counselor at a juvenile Lock-up. We get kids when the families, schools, detention centers, psychologists and the community workers have turned the job to the courts, and then the courts to us.

My job is to counsel, to love, to pray, and at times, I have to get physical to protect.

If you want to know what I do, watch a movie entittled GritIron Gang. Well it tells part of the story anyway.

I ask you pray for the guys this week. We had a kid come through the program.

He was hard. Never had much of the good life. He never did well in school. He got in trouble and into the courts. He was like someone going down for the last time.

He found a purpose. He went through our program. Got on the honor roll. Graduated school. Started to church in our facility by choice on Wed. and Sunday. Graduated our program. Went home two weeks ago.
He got a job at UPS. He told his Mom "I'm gonna make you proud."

Shot dead in the Louisville streets as a small crowd look on!

I don't know how to save them, but I refuse to give it up. I love my kids.
Please pray for them.

I saw some THOUGH GUYS weeping today.

I saw some career people who have seen and battled with it all weeping today. Pray for them not to give up.

I've been weeping today, and if by chance you find the time, Pray for me also.

The others first!

Ray A

I will be praying. As someone who has lost many friends from gang violence etc. I understand. I thank the Lord for the work you do for these kids!

KBevangelist
Hey, hey, hey

Postby KBevangelist » March 26th, 2009, 12:15 pm

Praying for you, your ministry and those around you and this family

KB

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”