Signs of Spring

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

User avatar
Darling
Woohoo!
Posts: 1417
Joined: May 13th, 2004, 9:01 am
Location: Washington

Signs of Spring

Postby Darling » April 14th, 2009, 12:11 pm

Baseball is back in town. The Marineers first home game begins in less than an hour. My eight year old grandson has a game tonight at five. All signs of spring!

sweetpea
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4310
Joined: September 17th, 2006, 2:07 pm
Location: USA,Mississippi

Postby sweetpea » April 14th, 2009, 2:55 pm

I remember those days,my son played baseball from 7 years of age and he played American Legion and college ball also.

Legacy
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...
Posts: 349
Joined: January 24th, 2005, 5:35 pm
Location: USA,Arkansas
Contact:

Postby Legacy » April 14th, 2009, 3:28 pm

I like the Mariners. I got to see the stadium a few years ago when I was up there, but didn't get to see them play. My life used to revolve around softball and sports. I always looked forward to spring when the seasons would start up.

How'd your grandson's game go, Darling?
I don't want to go through the motions. I don't want to go one more day without Your all consuming passion inside of me. I don't want to spend my whole life asking what if I had given everything instead of going through the motions. ~ Matthew West "The Motions"

User avatar
Darling
Woohoo!
Posts: 1417
Joined: May 13th, 2004, 9:01 am
Location: Washington

Postby Darling » April 14th, 2009, 3:36 pm

Marineers just won 3-2 against the LA angel with 45,000 in attendance. GO GUYS.

User avatar
Paully_44
Established Member
Posts: 7480
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 4:20 am
Location: USA,Washington

Postby Paully_44 » April 15th, 2009, 5:02 am

Legacy wrote:I like the Mariners. I got to see the stadium a few years ago when I was up there, but didn't get to see them play. My life used to revolve around softball and sports. I always looked forward to spring when the seasons would start up.

How'd your grandson's game go, Darling?


Unfortunately, we lost. (I say we because I am one of the coaches). First year of kid pitch. He made 2 great plays in the field.
Let the wild rumpus start!

User avatar
dolfan
Established Member
Posts: 8016
Joined: March 17th, 2004, 1:25 pm
Location: USA,Alabama
Contact:

Postby dolfan » April 15th, 2009, 6:29 am

Not a big baseball fan, but I am always glad when it starts because of what it brings with it. As I get older, though, I find myself liking watching it a little more each year. The artistry of a shortstop cutting off a hard grounder and moving like fluid to sling it dead on into the first baseman's glove is hard not to like. So, who knows?
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

User avatar
Susie Hamilton
Established Member
Posts: 7587
Joined: May 7th, 2003, 9:14 am
Location: USA,Virginia
Contact:

Postby Susie Hamilton » April 15th, 2009, 2:31 pm

I used to watch the Big Red Machine with my Grandpa when I was younger. I always looked forward to those times. Good memories.
To God be the Glory.

Legacy
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...
Posts: 349
Joined: January 24th, 2005, 5:35 pm
Location: USA,Arkansas
Contact:

Postby Legacy » April 15th, 2009, 4:06 pm

Paully_44 wrote:Unfortunately, we lost. (I say we because I am one of the coaches). First year of kid pitch. He made 2 great plays in the field.


aww...sorry about the loss. 2 great plays sounds good, though! Good for him. My favourite memories of playing were those times when, even though the game wasn't going in our favour, we still had fun playing.
I don't want to go through the motions. I don't want to go one more day without Your all consuming passion inside of me. I don't want to spend my whole life asking what if I had given everything instead of going through the motions. ~ Matthew West "The Motions"


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

Login  •  Register