I've been robbed!

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

TW
Established Member

I've been robbed!

Postby TW » July 27th, 2009, 1:06 am

Yes, Ive been robbed. I noticed the theft this morning while I was preparing for work. As I stood before the bathroom mirror trimming my beard I discovered that someone had stolen my reflection. To make matters worse they replaced it with the image of a gaunt old man. Gone was the trim, and if I may say so, handsome reflection that has greeted me all these years. I want my reflection back!!! Whoever took it is in big trouble. When I find out who the low life that stole it is, I'm going to . . . . well I'll do something.

TW
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » July 27th, 2009, 3:16 am

Shame on Father Time!
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

RamboPreacher
RamboPreacher

Postby RamboPreacher » July 27th, 2009, 3:28 am

when you find it, I am guessing it is the same guy that got all my hair; wouldn't mind having some of it back. :)
Thanks, Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling

THE RAzEr
1100 Dalmatians

Postby THE RAzEr » July 27th, 2009, 9:21 am

My grand nephew ask his mother the other day if I was dead. This precious child had seen a picture of my son Mike on facebook. He thought Mike looked so old, that I must be dead.

I tell you this so you will be at ease about your reflection. Some of us have more serious problems concerning such things. LOL

Ray A

THE RAzEr

Hinn may lay an egg, a Dollar may not be worth two cents, ERekA might be a Star in a Top Hat, Copeland-Hagin may be like a can of snuff in some rich dude's back pocket, but I'm still Pentecostal to the bone.

oletimer
Da Bomb!

Postby oletimer » July 27th, 2009, 3:12 pm

TW Posted:

Yes, Ive been robbed. I noticed the theft this morning while I was preparing for work. As I stood before the bathroom mirror trimming my beard I discovered that someone had stolen my reflection. To make matters worse they replaced it with the image of a gaunt old man. Gone was the trim, and if I may say so, handsome reflection that has greeted me all these years. I want my reflection back!!! Whoever took it is in big trouble. When I find out who the low life that stole it is, I'm going to . . . . well I'll do something.

TW

Took every thing didn't they. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
God Bless

JohnDB
Whoa!!
Whoa!!

Postby JohnDB » July 28th, 2009, 7:48 am

That same theif did something similar to me.

He took my parents one day and replaced them with short, heavyset, Old people...

Not the towering figures of dominion and mastery of all that they once were.

My appearance keeps getting better each and every year (Lord it is hard to be humble) :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK...how about Robert Frost's poem:
Nothing Gold Can Stay
I want to die like Grandpa, quietly and in his sleep; not like the passengers in his car, they were all panicking and screaming.

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » July 28th, 2009, 8:10 am

"Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold."

Your hair ever been green? :lol: :lol: :lol: You must have been a youth pastor! :lol:
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

JohnDB
Whoa!!
Whoa!!

Postby JohnDB » July 28th, 2009, 8:23 am

dolfan wrote:"Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold."

Your hair ever been green? :lol: :lol: :lol: You must have been a youth pastor! :lol:

Being a youth pastor is something that I have been successful at avoiding. Screaming teenagers never have been something that entices me in the least.

But in the past I have turned a few youth pastor's hair white...or non existant. The pulling method (they do it themselves) seems to have been my favorite method by observational notations.

Superglue on the gearshift of the Church Bus.
Saran wrap on the toilet bowl...not the seat. (in the dark this is devastating)
Instant coffee mixed into his hot tea when he wasn't looking.
Broadcasting his former nickname (when discovered from his wife) that he hated with a passion (for good reason)...and the name sticks once again..even by the Pastor from the pulpit.
Theological battles that lose most adults by one of the "dumbest" of students in class.

OH YEAH...I have good reason not to ever wish to be one...there is wayyy too much payback that is owed to me...and what goes around comes around.
I want to die like Grandpa, quietly and in his sleep; not like the passengers in his car, they were all panicking and screaming.

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”