Page 1 of 1

what do you thind would have happened to

Posted: April 13th, 2003, 10:55 am
by TC
Charles Manson if he had killed today instead of 30 years ago, I turned on the TV and the movie helter skelter was on and I began to think of how long ago that happened. I remember how scared it made me and how I thought there was no one else on earth as bad as him

Now this did hit close to home, A kid I grew up with, his oldest brother was also killed by manson.

Look at what has happened since, Kids kill parents, other kids in their school, a mother kills her children. A man kills black children and eats them as well as stores parts of them in the freezer, People bomb buildings and fly planes into them. People are so crazy they go on a bombing spree for several years. Child molesters go out of the country and 20 years later get an oscar and a standing O from his "peers". a man puts bomb material in his shoes and we are told we need to "understand" where his is coming from. and the list goes on and on

Manson was and is pure evil as well as others and most I feel have given up their right to life. but in todays world things have gotten so bad that we have become "comfortably numb"

Posted: April 13th, 2003, 3:43 pm
by mercy
Comfortably numb is a great way to describe our society. It does seem that we have gotten so use to violence and things of this nature, that one does wonder is Mason would be such a "big deal". Given all of the other anti-social psychopaths that have emerged, he may haveonly been in the head-lines for a while. He would just be another in a long line of crazies.

Kinda depends....

Posted: April 16th, 2003, 1:50 am
by Mike Vande
There are a whole lot of people I wouldn't trust with a burnt match, let alone a gun. Some of them would kill themselves by accident, some would kill others by accident, and some would get ticked off and kill someone on purpose. They would, that is, if their kids didn't kill them, the jocks at school who beat them up, or the girl/guy who dumped them first...

I don't own a gun and probably never will, mainly because I don't have the time or interest to relearn how to properly use and maintain them, but also because I can't afford a reputable gun. I already have an expensive hobby, two if you count the computer, and there just isn't any money left over to throw at stuff like that. Besides, If I did have a gun(and I have seen statistics on this), the odds are in favor of burglars using it on me rather than the other way around.

I don't hunt, ain't interested in pretty much any sport that involves guns, and I am not in posession of such wealth that I am a likely target for thieves(paying income taxes keeps me safely poor! :D ) Besides, my death is precious in the the Lord's sight, and if Jesus decides to let a burglar or any other armed person kill me, I am going to heaven.

I don't need a gun.

Vande

Posted: April 17th, 2003, 7:06 am
by Pastor Bill
I had seen this before, but didn't know where it was (heard it was a town in Texas).

I think the law needs to go a little further, especially when so many are pointing to children getting ahold of guns, or irresponsible people getting hurt with their own guns (and yes most who are injured with their own gun it is due to irresponsiblity).

I would like to see more training in gun safety and maintenance. Hey bring trained instructors into the schools, teach people to respect guns, and handle them properly and we won't have the problems.

I grew up with guns, and actually could have had access to them any time I wanted growing up, I never took a gun to school, or acted dangerously with a gun, why because I understood what that gun could do from the first time my father helped me hold a 22 as a young child shooting pop cans.

Sign of the times

Posted: April 17th, 2003, 8:16 am
by Paully_44
Pastor Bill wrote:I grew up with guns, and actually could have had access to them any time I wanted growing up,


I too grew up around guns and hunting. My dad made sure that I went thru a gun safety course each year and back then it was required to get a hunting license. I will be doing the same when my kids are a bit older.

Pastor Bill wrote:I never took a gun to school...


back when I was in high school, earlier 80's, I brought of my rifles to school for a refinishing project I had. Certainly wouldn't think of that in todays world.