Advice

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Spiritofconquest
Regular

Advice

Postby Spiritofconquest » October 5th, 2011, 8:07 am

nevermind
Last edited by Spiritofconquest on August 30th, 2012, 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » October 5th, 2011, 10:01 am

I can't even tell if this is a serious post or spam or someone's idea of a joke or what.

If it is a true situation, let me quote the immortal words of Lewis Grizzard: I don't believe I'd'a told that.

Ummmmm....spare the rod. Spare the details. Send the guy to someone with a license to do what it is you are trying to do.

Truly bizarre.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Spiritofconquest
Regular

Postby Spiritofconquest » October 6th, 2011, 7:06 am

nevermind
Last edited by Spiritofconquest on August 30th, 2012, 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Martha
Whoa!!
Whoa!!

Postby Martha » October 6th, 2011, 11:27 am

Well, first I would ask why his dad thought he needed to be disciplined. Then ask why HE thinks he needs discipline and in what areas of life. If its finance, get him involved with a financial counselor. Make him accountable to someone, maybe yourself. I would make sure he understands that discipline can have many meanings. As an adult it's about living a balanced lifestyle.

As to the spanking/whipping, NO WAY!!!

How's that for an answer from an old lady?

rjjunior
700+ Posts

Postby rjjunior » October 6th, 2011, 1:30 pm

I would probably emphasize the truth: "Obedience is better than sacrifice." I would not agree to whip him, but would likely suggest he live his life in such a way as to honor his father and demonstrate that the whipping was unnecessary and the lessons his father would have had him learn he did, in fact, learn.

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”