Please pray for my client's family

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

dolfan
Established Member

Please pray for my client's family

Postby dolfan » January 12th, 2012, 5:44 am

I don't get bone-chilled too often, but I am this morning.

My client, who never contacted me in, oh, 4 months, was set for trial in 2 weeks. He sat across from me not 48 hours ago and we discussed his case and his life more broadly. He was quite entrenched in what he wanted to happen, facts be hanged. This morning, I rang his number to talk with him about a settlement offer when -- to my surprise -- one of my witnesses in the case answered his phone. My client died last night of a heart attack. I've had clients die with cases pending before, but not on the eve of trial. And, this guy was just lost as a goose. I'm mad. Extremely mad. What good is what I'm doing if I can't sit down and do as Jesus did by confronting him about his mortality and his eternity? Sick about this.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

paul
I can see clearly now!

Postby paul » January 12th, 2012, 7:47 am

praying here
You cannot effectively love and minister to others when you are obsessed with protecting
and preserving yourself.

pastorables
--== J2 ==--

Re: Please pray for my client's family

Postby pastorables » January 12th, 2012, 1:05 pm

dolfan wrote:I don't get bone-chilled too often, but I am this morning.

My client, who never contacted me in, oh, 4 months, was set for trial in 2 weeks. He sat across from me not 48 hours ago and we discussed his case and his life more broadly. He was quite entrenched in what he wanted to happen, facts be hanged. This morning, I rang his number to talk with him about a settlement offer when -- to my surprise -- one of my witnesses in the case answered his phone. My client died last night of a heart attack. I've had clients die with cases pending before, but not on the eve of trial. And, this guy was just lost as a goose. I'm mad. Extremely mad. What good is what I'm doing if I can't sit down and do as Jesus did by confronting him about his mortality and his eternity? Sick about this.

Tim, I know exactly how you feel. I've had at least 6 situations through the years where I witnessed and ministered Christ to individuals who ended up committing suicide later. I used to beat myself up over my failure to impact these souls toward the eternal hope of Christ that could have diverted this fate, that is, until the time that a wise Benevolent Dictator encouraged and assured me that God doesn't require us to be the Savior, only the messenger. I'm sure your life was a greater light to your client than you realize. Keep doing what you do --- Christ will take care of the rest!
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr

MacUser
Established Member

Re: Please pray for my client's family

Postby MacUser » January 13th, 2012, 5:44 am

pastorables wrote:God doesn't require us to be the Savior, only the messenger. I'm sure your life was a greater light to your client than you realize. Keep doing what you do --- Christ will take care of the rest!

Exactly. Jesus says so is the kingdom of God that a man plant a seed and REST ( Literally Go to BED and rest peacefully knowing that seed is in the ground ). We don't know how the seed grows ( and if continue to check, inspect the seed... it WILL perish - ask any Farmer ). But we plant by Faith and let our Father grow it because we don't KNOW HOW TO DO THIS!! That is the Kingdom of God.

Mark 4:26 - The Message
26-29 Then Jesus said, "God's kingdom is like seed thrown on a field by a man who then goes to bed and forgets about it. The seed sprouts and grows—he has no idea how it happens. The earth does it all without his help: first a green stem of grass, then a bud, then the ripened grain. When the grain is fully formed, he reaps—harvest time!

We have to understand this principle that Jesus was trying to teach us about seed. It extremely critical in our daily ministry.

Tim, be encouraged.
Chris -

... Behold, the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world!
John 1:29

Jennifer Smith

Postby Jennifer Smith » January 15th, 2012, 6:15 am

I so appreciate your heart to be a witness for the Lord. I believe that people are confronted with the truth often in their last moments. God has given each person a free will.. but I hope that family will be saved through this... will be praying.
..I press on to take hold of that
for which Christ took hold of me.
-Phil 3:12

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”