Assembly feedback?

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Chosen_Generation
Needs a hobby

Postby Chosen_Generation » July 31st, 2012, 1:33 am

The worship service of ANY Church gathering or service is always important to me. What parts of the assembly I got to watch was somewhat disappointing . The quality of the Video and Audio was crisp and clear.
"Jesus just saved your life.. Hallejur " - Madea

scooter
--== J2 ==--

I heard

Postby scooter » July 31st, 2012, 1:58 am

Brother Howard referenced 5000 in one evening service.

I heard the seating would accomodate close to 7000.

Friday and Sat. evening it looked like you could have fit another 1000 in there so I would say 6000.

I could be wrong. :shock: :lol:
What we need here is a good revival! lol

dawgs10
The 1,000 Club

Postby dawgs10 » July 31st, 2012, 2:27 am

I would say that is a good guess.

one love
Woohoo!

Re: I heard

Postby one love » July 31st, 2012, 3:55 pm

scooter wrote:Brother Howard referenced 5000 in one evening service.

Friday and Sat. evening it looked like you could have fit another 1000 in there so I would say 6000.

okay...thats what it appeared at first. It seemed like a good crowd but then I kept hearing him say that saturday, i thought surely not. Maybe the crowd just shrank saturday.
Thank you Brother for the insight.

Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator

Postby Pastor Gary » July 31st, 2012, 4:53 pm

one love wrote:

okay...thats what it appeared at first. It seemed like a good crowd but then I kept hearing him say that saturday, i thought surely not. Maybe the crowd just shrank saturday.

Some who live within driving distance left Saturday to be home for church on Sunday.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

one love
Woohoo!

Postby one love » August 1st, 2012, 12:26 am

Pastor Gary wrote:
one love wrote:

Some who live within driving distance left Saturday to be home for church on Sunday.

That would make sense. Scooters post seemed more like what is saw thursday and Friday. PG how did you like Dr London? I did get to watch his entire sermon.
I thought he made some real good points regarding leadership and marriage.....

captaindw
Frequent Flyer

Postby captaindw » August 1st, 2012, 4:54 am

Here are my thoughts, based on my own experience and hearing from many who attended this many past assemblies. Also, I like to give the perspective of Spanish speaking delegates, many of whom attended for the first time.

- Overall this was a great assembly, anointed preaching, fellowship and worship. I am so blesses to see how integrated and diverse our church is, how we worship together and greet each other.

- I thought Bro. Howard directed the assembly very well, love his excellent communication style and his love for people. His use of Spanish was good and a blessing for many folks.

- The operations of assembly went OK, although it could be better (see below). I do want to thank all the volunteers who worked so hard prior and during the assembly.

- The venue was okay, good location, restaurants, coffee houses, etc., good choice for hotels.

- It was great having the 800 number to call to reserve hotel rooms, the staff were helpful and efficient. It would be nice to have staff that speak other languages such as Spanish and French.

- It was good that the main auditorium, bookstore, and children's assembly was all close by. For this same reason it was bad for all three to be close by, too much traffic at end of sessions.

- The main auditorium had only one way in-and-out, it presented many problems and people jams, especially at end of main sessions. I know folks like to visit and greet folks they have not seen in a while (I did it myself too).

- The seats in the bleachers in the main auditorium were comfortable, also there were only 7 seats per bleacher row which was great. The chairs on the floor were not as comfortable.

- The Bahamas Band is one of my favorite parts of the program, and should be kept. I think they had outside concerts as well.

- The program did not clearly show all rooms/venues so a lot of people were lost trying to find rooms for the workshops, etc. The Youth Assembly was in the Marriott but many people did not know that. There were no staff (ushers, etc.) directing people.

- Many of the workshop rooms lacked chairs, too many folks. They should plan ahead and try to determine which are the most popular workshops. Also, the main auditorium could have been used for the most attended workshops.

- It would be nice to have a "welcome" committee to meet people at the airport, I think they had this before. Many first time visitors, especially from Latin America would have benefited from this. Maybe the host state can plan and offer this.

- The Spanish interpreters were not good as other years, the first day (understandably) was the worst. Equipment did not work, or sound was bad. Perhaps they did not have enough interpreters? Also, many people were asking about the frequencies to use, they should have put that in the program or the big screens. The price of the radios for translation was too high (about $15 for radio and headphone combo) sold at the bookstore, but the headphones were bad, many broke quickly and the bookstore was not selling headphones only. Folks had to go out to stores to buy radios or replacement headphones.

- The DVD and CD cost were too high, $15 for a DVD and $10 for audio. They had a package for over $250. I don't think many people purchased these, or just purchased a few messages.

- Media Archives: they were made available quickly in multiple languages in WMV, should make MP3 available also.

- Parking: the parking structures filled quickly and you had to pay for each in/out. I spend two days like that paying about $20 per day. I finally found a $5 location nearby for all day. They should have better info in the program or pre-assembly. Also, if you could find one, parking meters in street are free on Saturday and Sunday in downtown.

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » August 1st, 2012, 5:26 pm

VolPastor wrote: The top 3 are San Jose CA, Orlando FL, and Columbus OH.

Oooo! Oooo! (in Horseshack voice) I vote ORLANDO!

I think there is something to the possibility of adding vacation days to a family's Assembly plan. I know in days past people planned an Assembly trip AS a vacation but I don't think that's the case as much anymore. I think it would be a top draw. HOT but well-attended. :-)
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)
Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

dawgs10
The 1,000 Club

Postby dawgs10 » August 4th, 2012, 12:38 am

DeWayneTN wrote:

I think there is something to the possibility of adding vacation days to a family's Assembly plan. I know in days past people planned an Assembly trip AS a vacation but I don't think that's the case as much anymore. I think it would be a top draw. HOT but well-attended. :-)

That's our plan Dewayne. It would be nice to take the family and have something to do during the day. Columbus sounds awful and San Jose is out of the question.

Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator

San Jose

Postby Pastor Gary » August 4th, 2012, 7:18 am

dawgs10 wrote:
DeWayneTN wrote:

That's our plan Dewayne. It would be nice to take the family and have something to do during the day. Columbus sounds awful and San Jose is out of the question.

Just curious... why is San Jose out of the question? Distance? An awful lot of us travel way farther every assembly than you'd travel to get there.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

paul
I can see clearly now!

Postby paul » August 4th, 2012, 9:53 am

Just thoughts from an outsider......If you want to shed the picture of just another Old Southern Pentecostal Organization....why hold it in Orlando which does nothing to break the sterotype? (IMHO) The further away from Cleveland you can get would be the best.....Cost??? bite the bullet and do something to advance the organization and not just personal preferences.

While in cogop I made trips from Milwaukee, Chicago, Dallas and many from California to Cleveland. But the desire to learn, receive, and feel a part of something larger than myself and the fellowship was worth the cost.

Quess times have changed :cry: :cry:
You cannot effectively love and minister to others when you are obsessed with protecting
and preserving yourself.

PastorP
Hall Of Fame

Re: Assembly feedback?

Postby PastorP » August 4th, 2012, 10:51 am

Pastor Gary wrote:Those who attended or viewed the COGOP International Assembly online: I'd love to hear your impressions, feedback, suggestions and constructive ideas for improvement.

I didn't like the commercials that would play during the stream. Is there not a provider that would not require those viewing to subscribe to their service to not have to view the commercials?
PastorP
Proverbs 3:6 (MSG) Listen for GOD's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track.

dawgs10
The 1,000 Club

Re: San Jose

Postby dawgs10 » August 4th, 2012, 1:13 pm

Pastor Gary wrote:
dawgs10 wrote:
DeWayneTN wrote:

Just curious... why is San Jose out of the question? Distance? An awful lot of us travel way farther every assembly than you'd travel to get there.

Yes Gary. Distance. And pulling it out of where the crowd is will make it smaller than Kentucky. This answer is very selfish, but I'm honest.

dawgs10
The 1,000 Club

Re: Assembly feedback?

Postby dawgs10 » August 4th, 2012, 1:15 pm

PastorP wrote:
Pastor Gary wrote:Those who attended or viewed the COGOP International Assembly online: I'd love to hear your impressions, feedback, suggestions and constructive ideas for improvement.

I didn't like the commercials that would play during the stream. Is there not a provider that would not require those viewing to subscribe to their service to not have to view the commercials?

I agree. I wish we would go back to old streaming system.

dawgs10
The 1,000 Club

Postby dawgs10 » August 4th, 2012, 1:20 pm

Gary, although I have no idea what it's like to travel as far as you have to, I would travel as far as needed if it was in the budget. Next summer I plan to travel throughout the Pacific, but I have saved and raised money for it well in advance. I respect those that travel, but at the same time have no idea how they afford it.

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”