Last call...

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator

Last call...

Postby Pastor Gary » May 11th, 2013, 3:12 pm

I head to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for the Asia/Oceania Leadership Meeting early Tuesday morning. At that meeting there will be discussion about selection of the next COGOP General Overseer. If you have any input for me, this is the last call.
Last edited by Pastor Gary on May 11th, 2013, 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

paul
I can see clearly now!

Re: Last call...

Postby paul » May 11th, 2013, 5:21 pm

Pastor Gary wrote:I head to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for the Asia/Oceania Leadership Meeting early Tuesday morning. At that meeting there will be discussion about selection of the next COGOP General Overseer. If you have any input for me, this is the last call.

You Asked! So here goes.

1. Someone From the U.S.: Even though I am about missions I think someone from outside the US would send shock waves through the organization.

2 Male: Because so much of the organization membership is outside the U.S. and particular Africa (male dominated society) it could have serious repercussions at this time.

3. If possible someone who does not have Family Name linage. This may seem unfair but their needs to be a clean break and freh ideas and direction not a continuation of the past

4. Again If possible someone outside the South Eastern Stronghold. Opening up again, new ideas, new directions and helping break what seems to be stagnation in the same old areas.

5. Does not have to come from the ranks of S.O. or headquarter officials. I know the presbters have excluded themselves) Not opposed if he does as long as he meets the above criteria.

6. Education is important but not the determining factor.

7. To me the most important.. He should not be drafted. It must bear witness in his Spirit. Even if he feels unqualified but their is a knowing that it is right.

So there you have it......Remember you asked.
You cannot effectively love and minister to others when you are obsessed with protecting
and preserving yourself.

Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator

Re: Last call...

Postby Pastor Gary » May 11th, 2013, 8:50 pm

I did ask, and appreciate the wisdom of your response. I agree with much of what you wrote.

paul wrote:
Pastor Gary wrote:I head to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for the Asia/Oceania Leadership Meeting early Tuesday morning. At that meeting there will be discussion about selection of the next COGOP General Overseer. If you have any input for me, this is the last call.

You Asked! So here goes.

1. Someone From the U.S.: Even though I am about missions I think someone from outside the US would send shock waves through the organization.

2 Male: Because so much of the organization membership is outside the U.S. and particular Africa (male dominated society) it could have serious repercussions at this time.

3. If possible someone who does not have Family Name linage. This may seem unfair but their needs to be a clean break and freh ideas and direction not a continuation of the past

4. Again If possible someone outside the South Eastern Stronghold. Opening up again, new ideas, new directions and helping break what seems to be stagnation in the same old areas.

5. Does not have to come from the ranks of S.O. or headquarter officials. I know the presbters have excluded themselves) Not opposed if he does as long as he meets the above criteria.

6. Education is important but not the determining factor.

7. To me the most important.. He should not be drafted. It must bear witness in his Spirit. Even if he feels unqualified but their is a knowing that it is right.

So there you have it......Remember you asked.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

Postby Full Quiver » May 13th, 2013, 4:35 am

Ron Hamm
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » May 13th, 2013, 2:37 pm

Tim Harper.
To God be the Glory.

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”