Need suggestions

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Kenya

Need suggestions

Postby Kenya » April 25th, 2014, 6:13 am

Hi old friends!!!

We are trying something new in our area. Instead of VBS, we are going to do a "SuperSaturday" type thing in the government housing neighborhoods.

We need a catchy name for it that will be something we can use every year as we hope this is the first of many years of doing this. Any suggestions? We are located in Somerset, KY so a play on the word "Summer" (Somer) is acceptable also....
Kenya

I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing! Galatians 2:21

http://www.somersetcommunitymission.com

Phil Hoover
Hey, hey, hey

My suggestion...

Postby Phil Hoover » April 25th, 2014, 8:58 am

SuperSAturday in Summer...
There is a ROCK between me and a hard place. His name is JESUS.

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » April 26th, 2014, 6:09 pm

First, I'm committing to pray for you all and this whole effort.

Second, SomerSTART. START. Could be an acronym for something like Summer Time Amazing Reality Tour, or something like that, if you move among different public housing projects.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

scooter
--== J2 ==--

Postby scooter » April 28th, 2014, 1:34 am

Somershine, Someset Rising, Somerset Shine. 8)
What we need here is a good revival! lol

pastorables
--== J2 ==--

Postby pastorables » May 7th, 2014, 4:38 pm

Somer Solstice or (Soulstice)

(The summer solstice occurs when the tilt of a planet's semi-axis, in either the northern or the southern hemisphere, is most inclined toward the star (sun) that it orbits. Earth's maximum axial tilt toward the sun is 23° 26'. This happens twice each year, at which times the sun reaches its highest position in the sky as seen from the north or the south pole.)

You might could play on a space event theme and say that Somer Solstice occurs when we begin to tilt toward the Son (Jesus).
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr

Poimen
What's next?

Postby Poimen » May 11th, 2014, 7:20 pm

We did something similar a year or so ago at Waterstone, and we called it a block party. Then we did another with game, booths, treats, food, bounce houses, fun of all kinds, and gospel presentations/stations built in.There was a big slime challenge at the end, and we called it Slime Time.
Poimen
Bro. Christopher

"I wish a buck was still silver, it was back when the country was strong." -- The Hag

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » May 12th, 2014, 5:24 am

Poimen wrote:We did something similar a year or so ago at Waterstone, and we called it a block party. Then we did another with game, booths, treats, food, bounce houses, fun of all kinds, and gospel presentations/stations built in.There was a big slime challenge at the end, and we called it Slime Time.

Neat.

A couple of years ago there was an old fire truck for sale on the side of the highway. I SO bad wanted to buy it for something like Kenya and Joey are doing. Wanted to outfit it with everything to make a rolling, mobile kids' crusade happen.

Didn't buy it, though.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”