Family update

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

dolfan
Established Member

Family update

Postby dolfan » September 25th, 2015, 9:54 am

Boy, I hope more J2'ers touch base again.

I'm attaching a pic of our daughter, now almost 12. I'm thinking of changing her name to one of those Puritan paragraph-long names in an effort to keep boys away from her in the next few years. In fact, I may rename her this actual paragraph. :lol: I joined Jude 2 when she was about 4 months old. Time flies, boy.

We have a little home fellowship group that we host in our house on Saturday nights. We've been at that for a year as of 2 weeks ago. It has been one of the best things we've ever been involved with and we love the people who are with us. They are very mature believers and most are in their 60s.

My wife recently broke her foot at work. I won't bore you with details but she learned a lesson about standing in chairs. :) She's healing quite well.

I'm five years in on a contract to represent indigent criminal defendants in my county, along with about 20 other lawyers.

Did I mention my daughter? 8) She's very smart, makes excellent grades and is hilariously funny. Has her mother's sense of humor, my eye color, her momma's face and my feet, bless her heart. And, a mind of her own, let me tell you. Whew.

I watch Pastor Gary on Twitter and Periscope. My Twitter name is someonehastosay. Periscope handle, too, although I really don't periscope anything. I've played with it a couple of times is about it. I do have a WordPress thing: someonehastosay.wordpress.com. I'm not really all that active on it.

Still a Bama football fan, but I've pretty well decided NOT to be much of one. Time's just too short to put value in it, and even if it weren't, I'm just weary of the whole thing.

Hope to hear from more of you.
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (34.74 KiB) Viewed 11251 times
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”