Is your's a "Church of Nations?"

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

How many nations are represented in your congregation?

just one
10%
2 - 5
52%
6 or more
38%

Total votes: 21

James
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...

Is your's a "Church of Nations?"

Postby James » August 22nd, 2004, 9:40 am

In another post, I mentioned our congregation is made up of people from 15 different nations. If your congregation is of more than 1 nationality, where are they from?

Ours come from: Mexico, India, Pakistan, China, The Phillipines, Trinidad, Russia, and several African nations.
James

When you have nothing left but God, you have enough to start again.

Phil Hoover
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Phil Hoover » August 22nd, 2004, 9:46 am

United States, Greece, Italy, Turkey, Philippines, South Korea, China, Haiti, Mexico, Cuba, El Salvador, Panama, Germany, Zimbabwe, England, Ireland, Canada, Jamaica, and Cambodia.

Hope I didn't leave anyone out.....

Phil Hoover
Chicago

Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator

Ethnicity or Nationality?

Postby Pastor Gary » August 22nd, 2004, 12:22 pm

Not sure if you want ethnicity or nationality. Most are U.S. Citizens, but ethnicities...

Hawaiian
Chinese
Puerto Rican
Filipino
Samoan
African-American (black)
Caucasian (white)
Korean
Okinawan
Japanese
Equadorian
Mexican
...I am forgetting a few...
--and just about every possible mixture of the above you can imagine.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

The Martins

Postby The Martins » August 22nd, 2004, 12:35 pm

When our church left the Episcopal Church USA, we joined the Anglican Mission in America, which is a mission of the Episcopal Church of Rwanda. So, our Bishop is in Rwanda. He said the ECUSA had sent missionaries to Africa for a century plus, now he felt (due to the problems here with the ECUSA) that WE needed missionaries. So true. The U.S. is the world's LARGEST mission field.

Anyway, our congregation has representatives from several countries. I couldn't begin to name them.

Shellie
Site Admin

Postby Shellie » August 22nd, 2004, 1:30 pm

We used to have the pleasure of being the only Indonesian Church of God of Prophecy in America at our local church. INS took care of that. They are all gone back to Indonesia now. :(

What we have left:

White

Black

Canadian

Spanish

Palestinian

British

Ukranian

.............and one guy from Brooklyn, but we don't treat him any differently than anyone else.
There never was a horse that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

Jan
Needs a LIFE

Postby Jan » August 22nd, 2004, 2:16 pm

Ours is not only a The Potter's House of different nations, we also are heavy into missions, having just built an orphanage in Haiti with a Christian school and now a "seminary" underway at Destiny Village, we just bought property in southern India and we're working with Bro. Wesley Solomon (the CoG overseer of India) to build an orphanage there. We also are heavily involved in Taiwann with a couple from our church who spend a lot of time there ministering to the orphans -- there are many there turning to Christianity because of the work we're doing in Taiwann. We just helped build a Hispanic church -- they started worshipping in our church in a separate room where the worship service was in Spanish -- they grew to over 100 and we helped them buy their property and get established as an independent church. We now have a Slovak church meeting in our church and our intent is to do the same -- they meet nearly every day of the week to wee hours of the morning for prayer and worship. They would put most American Christians to shame! :?

In our congregation, we have too many nationalities to count. Our missions budget every year grows and grows because our people are so mission-minded. Every month we're sending people out to different areas of the world to minister.

It's awesome to have some part in a global ministry like this . . . even if I don't personally go, putting my support in the ministries is enabling others to go. Although, I'm leaving for Kenya two weeks from tomorrow -- my first real mission trip. Can you tell I'm excited! :lol:

Blessings,
Jan
"I will praise you among the nations, O Lord" (Psalm 18:49)

We're Looking for Women to Join Our Kenya 2005 Women's Ministry Mission
http://p219.ezboard.com/fwomenofpassion ... ID=1.topic

Mike Vande
I like flapjacks.

Postby Mike Vande » August 22nd, 2004, 4:23 pm

I am not sure how many nations are represented at Full Faith; at least two that I know of. I do know Full Faith is represented in at least 12 nations by missionaries, more if you count the continental USA.

http://www.fullfaith.org/missions/

Not bad for a non-denominational church.
Why is it that bad decisions seem to make to most interesting testimonies?

Jennifer Smith

Postby Jennifer Smith » August 23rd, 2004, 4:57 am

Our church in Palm City had people from Jamaica, Dominican Republic,
Italy, and Guatemala.

Here in Arcadia we're pretty much all rednecks! :oops: :lol: But God can change that. :) It's fun and interesting to have a mix, also a testimony to others about how the love of Christ overcomes racial barriers.
..I press on to take hold of that
for which Christ took hold of me.
-Phil 3:12

Little Sister
700+ Posts

Postby Little Sister » August 23rd, 2004, 1:41 pm

I have GOOD news! In addition to all the white, southern folks that make up our church, we have just added a whole African American congregation! :D

I have been informed that our church has "merged" (maybe temporarily) with another church who's lost their building for some reason... and they're predominately (if not all) black.

My mom emailed me today and was saying how awesome the service was Sunday (cause I didn't make it :oops: ). She said they would sing one of "our songs" and then sing one of "their songs" and the preachers will take turns preaching alternate Sundays. She said she really enjoyed the worshiping!!

Gotta love the improvement! We're getting "diversified"!! AND now the parking lot is FULL!! :lol:
Adults are just kids who owe money

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”