Page 1 of 2
Poll on Poimen and TCOG
Posted: January 27th, 2006, 9:15 am
by Poimen
Posted: January 27th, 2006, 9:24 am
by Poimen
I voted other so as to be able to see the results of the poll more easily.
*Poimen replies to self*
Poimen,
I think you are a great guy. Handsome. Funny. Intelligent. Sincere. If you were not already married and if I were a woman I would be after you for sure. Whatever your beliefs -- you awesome hunk and eptiome of a man you.

Posted: January 27th, 2006, 9:28 am
by amydawn
Absolutely --- the most attractive attribute of any man, regardless of his merits -- is self-confidence. Keep up the good work!

Posted: January 27th, 2006, 9:32 am
by Ilovebigcats
Poimen wrote:I voted other so as to be able to see the results of the poll more easily.
*Poimen replies to self*
Poimen,
I think you are a great guy. Handsome. Funny. Interlligent. Sincere. If you were not already married and if I were a woman I would be after you for sure. Whatever your beliefs -- you awesome hunk and eptiome of a man you.

Good Lord save us all!! I think your head just got bigger!
This comment from the horses mouth sums it up.
Poimen says he's wrote: Interlligent.
Posted: January 27th, 2006, 9:36 am
by Poimen
Posted: January 27th, 2006, 9:41 am
by Shellie
I think that you are a teachable spirit that has a loyal heart.
Translation: I believe you sincerely believe what you teach, but in time your teachable spirit will play a role in you being led out of those beliefs. Confused yet?

Posted: January 27th, 2006, 9:43 am
by RamboPreacher
I agree to disagree. I have alot of respect for him, and have had less "judgement" from him than a few within the COGOP (though, honestly, most of the "judgement" I have heard, is from TCOG)
Body of Christ=Bride of Christ=all who have accepted the gift of Christs salvation. (in my understanding and opinion)
Posted: January 27th, 2006, 10:02 am
by dolfan
I voted other, FWIW. I like Poimen. He has a good beat, and he's easy to dance to.

(Any of you too young to remember American Bandstand, just let that glide on by.) He's sincere and acquits himself well. He's respectful. I disagree with him on his church beliefs 180 degrees, but because I believe we're part of one body I don't let being out of phase in our opinions stand in the way of the unity we have in Christ. I also don't see why you should put yourself up for an approval poll. Lord knows there are plenty of disagreements on J2, and criticism abounds from every corner. That's part of the fun of being here although it swings to the unbearable at times. Good actually does happen from it, IMHO. Don't feel attacked. It's all good. Inside, my real opinion is that what Shellie said will eventually happen, but it may not. The price of that is pretty high, and I'm not sure that being right about it all is worth it. You may be just as well to do what you're doing where you're doing it if, in making a change, you'd do the same thing somewhere else.
Just my .02.
Posted: January 27th, 2006, 10:03 am
by Pastor Bill
I disagree with you, can't see how a person with your intellegence can honestly hold some of those beliefs, but frankly I believe you are honest and upfront with those beliefs and you have never been anything but kind in what I have seen here.
I for one would not want to see you banned, you're a good guy. I wouldn't call you a whitewasher, but you are one (much as I am) to try to look for the best in even the worst situation. That can cause you to look like you are whitewashing, but it's more about optimism. I think there are some of us that the same thing could be said about when it comes to the cogop and looking for the best there.
Posted: January 27th, 2006, 10:08 am
by amydawn
dolfan wrote: The price of that is pretty high, and I'm not sure that being right about it all is worth it.
Oh my gaaawwwd, ain't that the truth??!! What a valuable, liberating realization.
Posted: January 27th, 2006, 10:44 am
by Ilovebigcats
No No No No... you will not walk away that easily.
Alabamian accent would say
Intellergent not
Interlligent.
However if you put -ament on the end of that word... that is what Alabama children are often referred to as.... Interlligentament.
Oh but it does... and all the information stored therein.

Posted: January 27th, 2006, 11:03 am
by dolfan
Ilovegcats wrote:No No No No... you will not walk away that easily.
Alabamian accent would say
Intellergent not
Interlligent.
However if you put -ament on the end of that word... that is what Alabama children are often referred to as.... Interlligentament.
Of course, you know, this means war.

Posted: January 27th, 2006, 11:31 am
by Gerald Creasy
In many ways Poimen is the most Christian Man I have ever met, he has met my cantankerous smartalec abrasiveness head-on with kindness and respect, unlike the majority who have whined and complained and sought to have me banned for having a cantankerous smartalec abrasive nature.
In many ways he has displayed brilliance, but at the same time holds ridiculous views and ideas that he does not allow his brilliance to shine upon.
Religious indocrination is the hardest thing in life to deal with.
WHen it finally hits that Flags and Cleveland and Tomlinsonism is nothing more than the self aggrandizing agenda of poor white mountainfolk gotten out of control and has nothing really to do with TRUE church and TRUE Christianity, watch out....there may be a mega-church spring up in his neck of the woods.
Posted: January 27th, 2006, 3:05 pm
by dbserv
Shellie wrote:I think that you are a teachable spirit that has a loyal heart.
Translation: I believe you sincerely believe what you teach, but in time your teachable spirit will play a role in you being led out of those beliefs. Confused yet?

I have to agree with Shellie. I couldn't have said it better. I know another young man on these forums who went through that process some time back.
I don't usually agree with you on "Church/Body" issues, but I enjoy our interactions immensely.
Posted: January 27th, 2006, 5:35 pm
by TW
We all hold different views, even within denominations, as can clearly be seen on this forum. Be yourself.
TW