Standings for Jude2 Bowl Pick 'em

Take me out to the ball game! Basketball, baseball, football...Oh my!

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » January 5th, 2010, 4:50 am

After the Mid-Major bowl otherwise known as the Fiesta Bowl here are the standings:

Pastorsa1 21-10
Rough Rider 19-12
Pastorpbs 19-12
Paully 18-13
Pastor Rob 17-14
TW 17-14
Darylscook 17-14
JDavis 17-14
IMapk 16-15
KBevangelist 15-16
Dolfan 14-17

From Pastor Rob on down those have been eliminated from winning this year's Bowl Pick'em Championship.
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » January 5th, 2010, 11:10 am

I'd just like to see .500. :?
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » January 6th, 2010, 5:16 am

After the Orange Bowl here are the new standings:

Pastorsa1 21-11
Rough Rider 20-12
Pastorpbs 19-13
Paully 18-14
Darylscook 18-14
IMapk 17-15
JDavis 17-15
TW 17-15
Pastor Rob 17-15
KBEvangelist 16-16
Dolfan 14-18

2 games left
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

KBevangelist
Hey, hey, hey

Postby KBevangelist » January 6th, 2010, 8:24 am

I am seriously loving the Hawkeyes right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good ole-fashion pure hate of Tech.

And as a glourious side note, UGA beat Tech in basketball last night.

God loves me LOL

KB

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » January 6th, 2010, 10:20 am

I'm washed out. I'm just .... never thought I'd say it .... footballed over. I know why .... anxiety about Bama's game Thursday night. But, I'm tired of the analysis, the picks, the speculation, all the sportswriters from every corner of America who really don't know anything about football and continue to write articles and talk about anything but the X's and O's.

What matters on Thursday night will be who blocks, tackles, runs, throws, catches and kicks best. That's it. Neither team has to be the best one in America. The winner will be the best one on the field. And, really, all this outside stuff that Saban calls "clutter", is pretty well defined as anything and everything EXCEPT what happens on the field at this point. So, I'm through sorting clutter, and I want the game, whatever the result.

May the best team on the field win and Roll Tide.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » January 6th, 2010, 12:21 pm

dolfan wrote:I'm washed out. I'm just .... never thought I'd say it .... footballed over.

thats how I feel after New Years day when all the big bowl games should be played, just like the good old days of not so long ago.
Let the wild rumpus start!

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » January 6th, 2010, 6:22 pm

dolfan wrote:What matters on Thursday night will be who blocks, tackles, runs, throws, catches and kicks best. That's it.

Dolfan I think you forgot one thing that will matter and in my opinion will probably matter the most, and that is this. The team that doesn't turn the ball over! Also, who doesn't make dumb mistakes with penalties. That, plus your list will equal the winner.

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » January 6th, 2010, 6:35 pm

After the GMAC Bowl here are the new standings:

Rough Rider 21-12
Pastorsa1 21-12
Pastorpbs 20-13
Paully 19-14
Darylscook 18-15
Pastor Rob 18-15
IMapk 17-16
JDavis 17-16
TW 17-16
KBevangelist 17-16
Dolfan 14-19

One more game the big one the National Championship Game.

turbotim
I can see clearly now!

Postby turbotim » January 7th, 2010, 3:56 am

Rough Rider 21-12 AL
Pastorsa1 21-12 AL
Pastorpbs 20-13 AL
Paully 19-14 AL
Darylscook 18-15 AL
Pastor Rob 18-15 TX

I didn't see a tie breaker score for Rough Rider and Pastorsa1 in case AL wins tonight. They both picked AL. Just curious.. Great picks.. I hated that I missed picking. My back was hurting that week and I didn't get online until it was too late.
Tim Cook------> Proud Daddy and Husband

Jesus is my ROCK!!

ImageImage

my space

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » January 7th, 2010, 5:00 am

Pastor Rob wrote:
dolfan wrote:What matters on Thursday night will be who blocks, tackles, runs, throws, catches and kicks best. That's it.

Dolfan I think you forgot one thing that will matter and in my opinion will probably matter the most, and that is this. The team that doesn't turn the ball over! Also, who doesn't make dumb mistakes with penalties. That, plus your list will equal the winner.

Amen and amen.

Pastorbps
Whoa!!
Whoa!!

Postby Pastorbps » January 7th, 2010, 5:22 am

I didn't see a tie breaker score for Rough Rider and Pastorsa1 in case AL wins tonight. They both picked AL. Just curious.. Great picks.. I hated that I missed picking. My back was hurting that week and I didn't get online until it was too late.

I say Pastorbps should win in case there is a tie involving the two that are in first place.

First, we'll have the Jude2 coach's poll and then the Jude2 writers poll and then we'll put them in the computer, average them out, multiply times the number of posts, divide it by the number of games, plus a random prime number and the winner will be crowned.

I think Rough rider should win because Pastorsa1 hasn't really predicted against any major prognosticators all season. But then again, Roughrider is a mid major and he did lose the TCU/Boise game to a middle of the pack ImaPK.

Or we could just have them predict the score of the Alabama/Texas game.
Gentlemen, start your prognosticating!

ImaPK
-= J2 =-

Postby ImaPK » January 7th, 2010, 5:22 pm

Pastorbps wrote:

I say Pastorbps should win in case there is a tie involving the two that are in first place.

First, we'll have the Jude2 coach's poll and then the Jude2 writers poll and then we'll put them in the computer, average them out, multiply times the number of posts, divide it by the number of games, plus a random prime number and the winner will be crowned.

I think Rough rider should win because Pastorsa1 hasn't really predicted against any major prognosticators all season. But then again, Roughrider is a mid major and he did lose the TCU/Boise game to a middle of the pack ImaPK.

Or we could just have them predict the score of the Alabama/Texas game.
Gentlemen, start your prognosticating!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. Author Unknown.

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » January 7th, 2010, 7:18 pm

After the National Championship game, in which a West Virginia boy Nick Saban becomes the first to win two National Championships with 2 different schools.

Rough Rider 22-12
Pastorsa1 22-12
Pastorpbs 21-13
Paully 20-14
Darylscook 19-15
JDavis 18-16
TW 18-16
KBevangelist 18-16
Pastor Rob 18-16
IMapk 17-17
Dolfan 15-19

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » January 7th, 2010, 7:39 pm

I'm last and I'm first!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I feel first anyway!! Roll Tide Roll!!!!!!!

Return to “Sports...By Popular Demand”