Hey Everybody!!! YOU KNOW! YOU KNOW!

Take me out to the ball game! Basketball, baseball, football...Oh my!

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

Pastorbps
Whoa!!
Whoa!!

Hey Everybody!!! YOU KNOW! YOU KNOW!

Postby Pastorbps » January 4th, 2010, 6:51 pm

BOISE IS #1 BOISE IS #1 WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Not really. Oregon is #1!!!!!!! :twisted:

ImaPK
-= J2 =-

Postby ImaPK » January 4th, 2010, 10:27 pm

Jimmy Johnson and Eddie George both said they should be #2.(behind Texas) Only the second team in history to go 14-0. 4-2 against ranked teams. 2-0 against ranked teams this year. 2-0 in BCS Bowl games. Will be one of two teams to go undefeated this season. Was underdog in both BCS games they have played in yet won both. Are they better then Florida or Alabama? Probably not but they are UNDEFEATED and Florida ain't and Alabama won't be. Knowing the pollsters the best they can hope for is #4. If they are so bad then why won't Bama or Florida play them in the regular season? Yeah I know schedules are set years in advance but get a game the first year that's available. WAY TO GO BRONCOS!!!!!
People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. Author Unknown.

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » January 5th, 2010, 4:27 am

I knew Pastorpbs couldn't wait to post this thread. But let's be very honest, could Boise or TCU beat Florida? Bama? Texas? even Cincinnati? Ohio State? Penn State? I for one hope that Boise will play one of the big boys so we can see how good Boise is. While it was a good game between two mid major schools, no way would Boise or TCU beat Florida, and I'm not sure they could have been Cincinnati. I know they wouldn't have beat Ohio State. All the idiots at the BCS did was destroy the BCS system, that needs to be destroyed and heat up the debate for a playoff.
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » January 5th, 2010, 4:54 am

One of the best bowl games I've watched this year. Unfortunately for me, I believed the hype about TCU and picked them over my gut. Did the same with the Rose bowl and lost out on both. Oh well........

BSU has done everything asked of them and they end the season undefeated. That speaks volumes. They have begged to play other schools and have yet to get any responses.....
Let the wild rumpus start!

Pastorbps
Whoa!!
Whoa!!

Postby Pastorbps » January 5th, 2010, 5:45 am

I like to tease but I love the interview with the Boise tight end at the end of the game. He was asked, "Should you be #1?" He answered, "No, probably not." The reality is Boise is a great team. They should be ranked behind the winner of the Alabama/Texas game for sure. There are only 3 teams that may belong ahead of them Alabama, Texas, and Florida. For me, it would be hard to place the two 1 loss teams ahead of them but I believe they are better than Boise though I'm not sure about Texas. Boise plays that Texas Tech style of offense which always gives Texas trouble.
Cincinnati, Ohio State, and Penn State don't even belong in the conversation. None of them are as good as Boise. Wow was Boise's defense underrated. TCU is a great team and they held them in check. What about Boise's offensive line? They are really good.
1. Alabama
2. Boise
3. Florida (Wouldn't bother me if they were #2 because Boise would lose to Alabama if they played them just like Florida did)
4. Texas
5. TCU
6. Cincinnati (Florida was a nightmare matchup for them).

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » January 5th, 2010, 8:48 am

Disclaimer: Maybe it's me and my dislike for mid-major's playing in a Major bowl, so take the rest of this post with that in mind.

After watching the game last night it was obvious to me that both Boise St. and TCU were both overrated for the whole year. For me last night it was awful trying to watch those two teams, certainly not one of the better bowl games in my opinion. The QB's couldn't throw the ball a lick, the QB from Boise had men open and couldn't put the ball on the money and it's obvious to me why the guy is at TCU and not TT, Texas, T A&M, or even Baylor for that matter. Neither team has a running game, if Boise's line was so good why couldn't they run the ball better?

The only good thing that I heard all night long was the TE for Boise when asked should they be #1, and he answered Probably not, smartest kid on the field.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how TCU went undefeated now. How did they beat Clemson, Utah, BYU for that matter.

Yes, Boise beat every one on their schedule, but if you put them in the SEC, I have my doubts they are a .500 ball club, the same for the Big 12, they would not be undefeated if they played week in and week out in any of the BCS conferences, including the ACC or the BE.

I would that some of these Major schools would "man up" and play Boise home and home, so everyone would quit being so in love with the Blue.

However, I will say this, Boise is a top ten team, but no way could I put them one, two or three, the highest I could possibly but them would be 4 or 5.

I guess a question I would have is this, let's say Texas beats Bama (which I think is going to happen) Thursday Night do you put Boise ahead of Bama? Do you drop Bama to 4th like you do Texas? And after last night no way is TCU a top ten team.

After last night I want a playoff, no more BCS, please.
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

darylscook
Hall Of Fame

I agree

Postby darylscook » January 5th, 2010, 10:45 am

I have to agree with Pastor Rob. I watched most of the game last night. Those were not two top 5 teams playing. They were small and slow. I was NOT impressed at all honestly.
Daryl S. Cook, Senior Pastor
Pearl Church
The Church of God of Prophecy
Pearl, MS

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » January 5th, 2010, 11:08 am

I watched a lot of the game and I was very, very pleased with what I saw. Good defense. I knew TCU had a good one, but BSU surprised me. They way-layed TCU. BCS? Hey, whoever wins Thursday night, BSU should be #2. Hands down, end of story, IMO. I wish we had a plus one. Game proved me wrong about Boise. I don't know how they'd hang against a really tough BCS AQ defense, but they play Virginia Tech next season and Boise is losing very little. So, we'll see. I don't have an opinion on it. All mine are flopping this year and I'm just hoping over here in a meek corner that ImaPK is dead wrong about Thursday night.

But, congrats to the Boise State Broncos. That one play where the linebacker dropped back into coverage on a fake, then blitzed (more like flew) around the guard to flatten Dalton ---- that was a thing of pure beauty. It was like football Mozart. I loved that.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Pastorbps
Whoa!!
Whoa!!

Postby Pastorbps » January 5th, 2010, 1:04 pm

I think the reason the teams looked like they did is not because they were both overrated but just the opposite. Because they were two GREAT teams they made each other work harder than normal.

ImaPK
-= J2 =-

Postby ImaPK » January 5th, 2010, 3:18 pm

How did I know PR would still dog on BS? :lol:
Hypothetical....Bama is ranked #1 in the first game of the year against Boise State. Boise State blows out Bama. Boise goes UNDEFEATED for the rest of the year and everyone else loses at least TWO games. You would probably still say that Boise State shouldn't go to the BCS Championship Game. If BS were to play ALL ranked teams in a season and went undefeated they still wouldn't deserve to go? This team IS UNDEFEATED 14-0. They have beaten EVERY TEAM on their schedule. I remember back in 98 when everyone was saying that UT was a fluke. No way were they going to win the NC game. How much "egg on the face" and "crow" did SO MANY have after they won? The games are played ON THE FIELD NOT IN THE POLLS. Cincy beat Boise? Come on. :roll: If the Cincy team that played Florida would have played Boise it would have been a blowout for Boise State. And Bama beating Boise is not a given. EVERYONE said the same thing about Oklahoma a few years ago and look what happened. Do I think Boise could beat Bama? Nope, but that's WHY they play the game. No one gave Appy State a chance against Michigan either.
People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. Author Unknown.

pastorables
--== J2 ==--

Postby pastorables » January 5th, 2010, 6:10 pm

If you will do the schedule comparisons of opponents beat, opponents in bowls, and who their opponents beat, etc... You will find that Boise beat a very good TCU football team, which makes Boise's season opening win against a very good Oregon team even more believable.

Pastorbps said it best:

I think the reason the teams looked like they did is not because they were both overrated but just the opposite. Because they were two GREAT teams they made each other work harder than normal.

Furthermore, the argument that anyone can beat anyone on any given Saturday works both ways on so many levels that it's almost a none argument. Let's just accept the game at face value, and let the on field accomplishments do the talking.

pa
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr

pastorables
--== J2 ==--

Postby pastorables » January 5th, 2010, 6:45 pm

On a sidebar note, has it even been taken to account that Boise's record setting receiver, Austin Pettis, (14 touchdowns) played injured during the game and was basically a none factor. Key players do make a difference. I would hate to have been without Dexter McCluster at Ole Miss. He accounted for 75% of our offensive power in several wins, including the Cotton Bowl.

pa
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » January 6th, 2010, 5:06 am

Okay, you guys are as in love with Boise as Tebow is with Meyer and vice versa, I'll end the debate, all you guys are right, I'm wrong. I must have been out of my mind and watched a different game then all you guys did. I must know nothing about college football, my picks this year would confirm that. But I refuse to drink the BLUE KOOLAID!

turbotim
I can see clearly now!

Postby turbotim » January 6th, 2010, 6:53 am

Well, I tried watching the game. It was boring and slow to me. I just didn't get into it. Boise State is a good or maybe great team, but I agree with the player that answered that question, "Should you be #1?" He answered, "No, probably not."

Great for Boise State and TCU and their fans and the people who like them.
Tim Cook------> Proud Daddy and Husband

Jesus is my ROCK!!

ImageImage

my space

ImaPK
-= J2 =-

Postby ImaPK » January 6th, 2010, 3:16 pm

Pastor Rob wrote:Okay, you guys are as in love with Boise as Tebow is with Meyer and vice versa, I'll end the debate, all you guys are right, I'm wrong. I must have been out of my mind and watched a different game then all you guys did. I must know nothing about college football, my picks this year would confirm that. But I refuse to drink the BLUE KOOLAID!

:lol: :lol: :lol: No, I want to give up first. We shouldn't let facts get in the way of opinions. :lol: :lol: :lol: Of course we must remember that the Mountaineers are a much better team then the Seminoles. :wink: OOPS! Excuse me, they already PLAYED that game but with a 9-5 record WV is still better then FSU with their 7-6 record. And Boise State with a 14-0 record should be ranked lower then all those SEC, Big 12, BE, ACC, Big 10 teams that won their bowl games seeing how in the most powerful conference(SEC) they would be hard pressed to reach .500. They should finished ranked just ahead of 10-3 MTSU, you know, first in that section at the bottom of the POLLS that says "Others receiving votes" and right below TCU at #25. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Sports...By Popular Demand”