Div 1 Football playoffs comimg soon?

Take me out to the ball game! Basketball, baseball, football...Oh my!

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

Paully_44
Established Member

Div 1 Football playoffs comimg soon?

Postby Paully_44 » January 7th, 2010, 12:28 pm

nope, not according to The New BCS Executive Director

Bill Hancock said a playoff at college football's highest level would lead to more injuries, conflict with final exams, kill the bowl system and diminish the importance of the regular season.

"I know this is not completely popular, but I believe in it," Hancock told reporters Thursday at the Football Writers Association of America awards breakfast. "I believe it is in the best interest of the universities.

"College football has never been better and I believe the BCS is part of that.....

..."The fact is what we have right now works," Hancock said. "Who would you ask not to be a part of this?"

No changes are expected to the system for the next four years, despite congressional hearings and a new pro-playoff ad campaign.
"

Diminish the importance of the regular season? Best Interest of the Universities? Looks like a playoff anytime soon is just pipe dream and that's too bad.

And who would I ask not to be a part??? any school that is not part of a conference.
Let the wild rumpus start!

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » January 7th, 2010, 1:30 pm

Same old rhetoric. I don't care if it kills the bowl system, but ESPN does.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

ImaPK
-= J2 =-

Postby ImaPK » January 7th, 2010, 5:11 pm

Division I football is the ONLY sport in ALL divisions of college sports NOT to have a playoff. March Madness doesn't hurt? College World Series doesn't hurt? Soccer Playoffs doesn't hurt? College Hockey Championship doesn't hurt? Hancock needs to be honest and just say it's about the money! :evil:
People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. Author Unknown.

Return to “Sports...By Popular Demand”