Rob's Top Ten

Take me out to the ball game! Basketball, baseball, football...Oh my!

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Rob's Top Ten

Postby Rob » November 7th, 2010, 1:03 pm

Okay, now it's time we separate the men from the boys. The pretenders from the contenders and I think we did just that this weekend. So here it is Rob's Top Ten for this week.

1. Oregon - This team has an incredible offense and their defense is not to bad either.

2. Auburn - If they can beat Bama in Tuscaloosa it's on to the SEC championship game.

3. LSU - Honestly have you seen a team with less offense do more than this team has. And Les Myles has guts! Some of the calls he makes to go for it is unreal.

4. TCU - Yes you are reading me right. Sorry PastorPBS but I think this team is the best of the NQ schools. If Auburn trips up and I think LSU will get beat by Arkansas then I could see TCU in the NC game, not that I want to.

5. Wisconsin - This team will be your Big Ten Champion for the year.

6. Stanford - I think Andrew Luck is the best pro-style QB in the nation.

7. Boise St. - They will probably play in a BSC bowl and I hope it will be the Sugar Bowl to play the SEC runner up.

8. Nebraska - Or I'd like to see Boise play Nebraska in the Fiesta, wouldn't cost Nebraska a Million then. LOL

9. Ohio St. - Still a good team with a good QB but the question is will Pryor return.

10. Alabama - I'm still in shock they got beat by LSU.
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

Pastorbps
Whoa!!
Whoa!!

Postby Pastorbps » November 9th, 2010, 5:42 am

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
1. Boise State (Last years #2. Last years #1 has lost twice this year. Until someone beats them, they are #1. This reasoning wouldn't be legitimate except that they have the same team as last year).
2. TCU - Impressive win over Utah BUT the same thing happened last year and then they went on to lose to Boise. Who is their last loss to?
3. Auburn - They deserve to be #1 in the polls based upon quality wins BUT are they the best team in the country? Do they deserve to be #1 over last years #2 team who still hasn't lost?
4. Oregon - Only because they are undefeated. PAC 10 still hasn't proven itself. When your latest quality win is against a USC team that beat Virginia by 3, you haven't done much.
5. LSU (I'm with you, I can't believe they beat Alabama)
6. Wisconsin (Big 10 is going to go to the wire w/ Iowa, OS, & MS)
7. Nebraska (Injuries could be their undoing)
8. Oklahoma St. (Should be interesting for them the rest of the year)
9. Ohio State (Fate is in their hands w/ Wisconsin & Iowa. I have a feeling Mich. St. could win the conference by default. How did they get out of playing Ohio State?).
10. Stanford (Only big win was against Arizona. Of course, Arizona lost to Oregon State who lost to Boise by 2 touchdowns)

Here's the deal with Oregon & Boise. Say you have a Heavyweight boxing champ. He beats a guy pretty handily. A year passes by and the guy he beat goes out and fights other good but not great fighters and people start to say, "He's better than the champ." Of course, they fought last year and the champ beat him but people think the challenger has gotten better. By your reasoning, people should assume he is better and make him the champ in place of the champ who beat him even without another fight. I just don't see that as logical.

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » November 9th, 2010, 10:47 am

1. Oregon
2. Auburn
3. TCU
4. Boise State
5. Wisconsin
6. Nebraska
7. LSU
8. Oklahoma State
9. Ohio State
10. Alabama
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » November 11th, 2010, 6:36 am

Pastorbps wrote:Here's the deal with Oregon & Boise. Say you have a Heavyweight boxing champ. He beats a guy pretty handily. A year passes by and the guy he beat goes out and fights other good but not great fighters and people start to say, "He's better than the champ." Of course, they fought last year and the champ beat him but people think the challenger has gotten better. By your reasoning, people should assume he is better and make him the champ in place of the champ who beat him even without another fight. I just don't see that as logical.

Boxing is a individual sport. Beside the "challenger" will get another shot at the title if he has done what you say he has done.

Football is a team sport, although you may return X amount of players from the previous year, does not merely mean that you are going to be as good or better than the previous year. My case in point is Boise. They are not as good as they were last year. They were destroying teams in the WAC. Oregon on the other hand has been beating the stew out of everyone they have played. Going into Knoxville and beating the Vols, who I know are not as good as usual, but they did it. They are beating the PAC 10 like a drum, which is much better than the WAC, check and see which conference has a better power rating.

As you have stated I don't see your logic either.
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » November 11th, 2010, 6:37 am

dolfan wrote:1. Oregon
2. Auburn
3. TCU
4. Boise State
5. Wisconsin
6. Nebraska
7. LSU
8. Oklahoma State
9. Ohio State
10. Alabama

Dolfan, hard to put LSU higher huh?

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » November 12th, 2010, 4:16 am

Yes, it is! :D I'm still not convinced they're that good. Of course, I'm convinced they're better than we are.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Return to “Sports...By Popular Demand”