Hijack this thread

A place for games, chatter, and anything else that seems to fit.

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

rjc
I can see clearly now!

Postby rjc » September 24th, 2009, 3:33 pm

Rahab, be careful and don't take any chances. I will keep you in my prayers.
rjc

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » September 25th, 2009, 2:25 pm

Got the dog problem taken care of today. That was a big relief. Thx for the prayers.
To God be the Glory.

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » September 26th, 2009, 2:07 pm

Got some bad news today. Anthony lives on my route. He is about 30, on disability, 1 sandwich short of a picnic but a heart of gold. He helps the older ladies with their yard work. He always brightens my day. He passed away Thursday evening. His Mom told me she found him in a chair on the front porch. He had a heart attack. When his Mom told me I hugged her and cried. I will miss my friend.
Believe it or not, when we carriers are on a route for a long time we get attached to our customers.
To God be the Glory.

soulsearcher
What's next?

Postby soulsearcher » September 28th, 2009, 5:44 pm

So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, Anthony. God connects us with special people in special ways. I'm sure He used you to bless this family when you were most unaware. I pray comfort and peace over Anthony's family, as well as yourself.

Often times it's the simple, small things that we miss the most.

rjc
I can see clearly now!

Postby rjc » September 30th, 2009, 4:29 pm

Rahab, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, I completely agree with Soulsearcher. My mail carrier is a lot like you, he knows all of us on his route and he is our friend. He goes out of his way to help us when he can. When he found out that I was home from the hospital and couldn't get out of the house to go to the mailbox he would bring the mail to the door for me. He also would always ask if I needed anything and offered to go to the store for me, etc. He is just a wonderful person.

I went back to work on Monday morning, I have some restrictions and I can only work 4 hours a day. I have to go to therapy after I get off from work 3 days a week for 2 hours each visit so I am really tired. I didn't realize how weak I had gotten. Everybody at work has been great and I feel like I am finally making some progress.
rjc

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Nikki

Postby Susie Hamilton » October 7th, 2009, 1:43 pm

Came from work yesterday and Nikki met me at the door. Fed her and myself, went out in back yard looking for her later and she was limping.
Got her to Vet this morn, they put her under and x-rayed her leg and hips. She has a torn ACL. Got an appt next thursday with ortho dog vet to schedule her surgery. She is on pain med and anti-inflammatory now. I have to keep her from running and jumping so she does not do more damage. She did this by running after a squirrel in back yard.
To God be the Glory.

rjc
I can see clearly now!

Postby rjc » October 8th, 2009, 3:45 pm

Poor Nikki, I have never heard of a dog getting a torn ACL. I pray she heals quickly and without any complications.
rjc

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » October 9th, 2009, 1:52 pm

This evening she would not eat her dinner. I got a fork and fed her. She ate her dinner from a fork. Is that too funny? Yes, she is spoiled.
To God be the Glory.

soulsearcher
What's next?

Postby soulsearcher » October 14th, 2009, 3:58 am

My mother now has two dogs; Toby, a little "Morkie" male she rescued that has never barked, and Gi-Gi, a new Boxer female. When she brought GiGi home, Toby barked. Apparently he barks when he's jealous. :lol:

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » October 15th, 2009, 4:26 am

Just got home from the dog ortho vet. Nikki does not need surgery. He examined her and the x-rays. Said she probably strained a muscle.. This is good news. The surgery would have been $3,000.00.
To God be the Glory.

rjc
I can see clearly now!

Postby rjc » October 20th, 2009, 12:42 pm

Rahab, How is Nikki doing?

I still don't have Teddy back, the doctor and my daughter both think I need to be a little sturdier on my feet so it looks like another couple of weeks. I really miss my dog but he is having lots of fun with my daughter's 2 Jack Russells. I am back to work and everyone there has been great. They found a desk chair that does not roll that I can use (no rolling chairs, rockers or swings for a while). I work 4 - 5 hours a day and then I have 2 hours of physical therapy. By the time I get home I am completely worn out. I lost over 15 pounds and so far I'm not gaining it back, there has to be a better way to lose weight. I still haven't gained back a lot of my strength, I had a couple of infections after the surgery but they are cleared up now. It is hard for me to sit for extended periods of time so I haven't been posting a lot. Hopefully that will get better. I am having to get lifts put in all of my left shoes, my right leg is going to permanently be 1 inch longer. I'm still using a cane but am able to walk around the house and my office without it. I thank God every day that He is healing me.
rjc

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » October 21st, 2009, 2:12 pm

Nikki is doing okay. She has to take it slow for awhile. I know you are looking forward to having your little boy home with you. Take care of yourself.
To God be the Glory.

rjc
I can see clearly now!

Teddy's home

Postby rjc » November 22nd, 2009, 1:42 pm

I have had a wonderful weekend. My daughter brought Teddy home Saturday morning. It has been 3 1/2 months since my fall and I was a little afraid that he would not remember me but he did. When they pulled in my drive I went outside and as soon as he saw me he came running. My daughter has done an excellent job with him, she has trained him to walk on a lease and not pull. He wants to sit up against me all the time. He is doing great about being in his crate when I am up cleaning house or cooking. I have missed him so much, it is good to have him home. :lol:
rjc

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » November 22nd, 2009, 2:20 pm

rjc, I am so glad to hear the good news about Teddy. I know he missed you, glad he is trained and will not be as much of a danger to you now.
I am getting ready to go to my Mom's Tuesday for a few days. I will miss Nikki but she will be taken very good care of while I am gone. Glad to hear your good news.
To God be the Glory.

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » November 29th, 2009, 3:49 pm

Got back last night from Ky. Had a wonderful visit with the family. Didn't get much sleep. It is good to be home.
I have a roomate who is a fellow postal employee, she was in a bad situation(drugs) and needed a safe place to live so I rent her a room. She has become like a sister. Her 21 yr old son came to stay with her for awhile tonight. He is a good kid, just needs some guidance. His father is to sum it up, a jerk. He will be a big help since he is a strong guy. I need some help around here and he is more than willing to help out. I would never deny a mother's place to help her son. I believe in family. Please pray that I can be a good influence on this guy and represent Christ to him.
To God be the Glory.

Return to “Just For Fun”