Hijack this thread

A place for games, chatter, and anything else that seems to fit.

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

JanB
---=== J2 ===---

Postby JanB » August 8th, 2009, 7:12 am

We have finished a wonderful, wonderful MS convention. The best I have attended in many years. God is good! Rambo, love your van/truck. So glad my friend, Sweetpea, is doing much better. It is good to have great friends, what would we do without them? I am happy to see the 'Rubber room gang' is doing well. You guys are great!
God Bless,
Jan

If someone were to pay you ten cents for every kind word you ever spoke and collect five cents for every unkind word, would you be rich or poor?

soulsearcher
What's next?

Postby soulsearcher » August 13th, 2009, 6:55 am

I just spent four beautiful days in Alabama with my precious mother - just she and I - and it was truly a divine appointment. Since my daddy's passing in February, I have wondered how she was really coping, but seeing her carry on at the old home place, trusting God, staying active, keeping positive; all of this dispelled any doubt that she can make it just fine. What a wonderful mother I have! A strong, courageous and godly woman of great faith - all 105 pounds of her. Please remember her (Pat) in prayer, as she is in her 9th year of bone cancer (a total miracle) and drives herself to treatments every week.

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » August 15th, 2009, 12:28 pm

Today at work I was halfway down a street when it began raining. I had no rain gear with me so I decided to stand on a stoop at one house to wait for the rain to lighten up. After a few minutes the gutter began to overflow and poured out onto the mailbox beside me and splashing all over me. I suddenly had an urge to go to the restroom. :oops: I decided to finish up the street and get back to the truck. By the time I got back to the truck the rain completely stopped. :x Then I had a fly in my truck that would not leave. :evil: It kept flying in front of my face the rest of the day. Other than that is was a good day.
To God be the Glory.

sweetpea
-= J2 =-

Postby sweetpea » September 8th, 2009, 2:24 am

I am much,much better,I hope to be back at full steam.The doctors finally decided that I was passing protein through my skin,as part of my problem.

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » September 8th, 2009, 2:22 pm

Glad you are back. I missed you :D
To God be the Glory.

rjc
I can see clearly now!

Postby rjc » September 10th, 2009, 10:10 am

Hi everybody. I am able to get to my computer again but I can't sit at it for very long periods of time. I did want to let you all know how much I have missed you all. My therapy is coming along slowly but I'm getting there, I am now walking with the walker part of the time and with a cane part of the time. I'm not sure yet when I will be able to go back to work, first I have to be able to drive again. I still haven't gotten my dog, Teddy, back. He is with my daughter and her 2 Jack Russells and having a great time. We all want to make sure that I will be walking well before he comes back but I sure miss him.
rjc

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » September 10th, 2009, 1:53 pm

Glad to hear the good report. It won't be long until you will be able to bring Teddy home. Take care of yourself. You have been missed. Goad Bless you.
To God be the Glory.

PastorDaniel
Hey, hey, hey

Postby PastorDaniel » September 10th, 2009, 2:53 pm

Yesterday my 20 yr old daughter drove to Alabama and got married...
Pastor Daniel :D

RamboPreacher
RamboPreacher

Postby RamboPreacher » September 11th, 2009, 5:36 pm

wow. prayers continuing, my friend.
Thanks, Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling

PastorDaniel
Hey, hey, hey

Postby PastorDaniel » September 12th, 2009, 4:34 am

Thank you...we're all really upset about it...she had a full ride to college and everything...don't know if that is continuing? They don't even know where they are going to live.
Pastor Daniel :D

TW
Established Member

Postby TW » September 13th, 2009, 11:14 pm

Hi everybody,
I know that I haven't been posting much on the boards lately, but there are reasons. The biggest reason is that I am simply so pressed for time lately. I am trying to get everything lined up for when I retire in two months. I have to get all my Social Security stuff done, close out my 401, find a house, arrange for a mover, train my replacement at work, etc. Finding a house has been, and continues to be the big time consumer, but I seem to be narrowing things down some. Please pray that I have the wisdom to follow where God leads me, and not where I want to go.

I check in every day, even though I haven't been posting. I thank God for my J2 family. Welcome back sweetpea, I'm so glad you are doing better.

Well I gotta run, so see ya later.

TW
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/

soulsearcher
What's next?

Postby soulsearcher » September 15th, 2009, 5:07 am

I miss you, sir, but pray that all things in fact DO work together for your good!

There's some really great deals on houses down here, you know. :wink:

rjc
I can see clearly now!

Postby rjc » September 15th, 2009, 1:10 pm

I'm very happy, I got good news at the doctor's yesterday. He has cleared me to go back to work on a light duty basis on 9/28 and told me I could start driving short distances. I haven't driven in over 6 weeks so today I drove around the block several times to make sure I could put pressure with my right leg on the brake without any problems. I then did what I have been looking forward to for about 4 weeks, I went to McDonalds and got a large order of french fries, they were so good. Tomorrow I am going to go grocery shopping. I am now off the walker and onto a cane although he said if I have to go out in large crowds or if I am tired he wants me to use the walker (we don't want another fall). I have to have outpatient physical therapy for the next 4 weeks but I think the worst is over. This has been an incredible journey for me but God has been holding my hand ever step of the way and I feel His healing touch every day.
rjc

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » September 15th, 2009, 1:50 pm

I am so glad for you. Take it easy. When you go grocery shopping use the motorized cart. Take care of yourself and soon Teddy will be home with you. I know he misses you.
To God be the Glory.

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » September 24th, 2009, 1:48 pm

I was attacked by a pitbull this morning at work. It missed my arm by 1 inch. My manager is getting me a dog letter to take to them tomorrow. If the dog is out again I am to bring the mail back for the whole street and call Animal Control.
To God be the Glory.

Return to “Just For Fun”