Church Cookbook

Who needs Paula Dean and Rachel Ray? We've got our own award-winning cooks right here at Jude 2.

Moderators: Sherry, The J2 Mod Squad

Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---

Church Cookbook

Postby Pastor Bill » October 18th, 2008, 6:13 am

The ladies at church are going to do a cook book fundraiser here soon. With this new board, would you all mind if we include some of these recipes?

(of course anyone interested in one of the books when we get it all together can let me know as well.)
"Why would God allow Hitler his chapter in history? Why would God send a whale to swallow Jonah or turn a woman into a pillar of salt? Surely there were other ways. But I'll leave the particular methods of God to God."
-Spoken by David Abraham, Showdown by Ted Dekker

Shellie
Site Admin

Postby Shellie » October 18th, 2008, 2:55 pm

Pastor Bill,

I don't mind. But I would like to know when you get books together.
There never was a horse that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Pastor Bill » October 18th, 2008, 7:42 pm

Right now it's just an idea being thrown around, but I'd say they'll probably move on this fairly soon.

I'll let everyone here know, and I appreciate all the input and any suggestions.
"Why would God allow Hitler his chapter in history? Why would God send a whale to swallow Jonah or turn a woman into a pillar of salt? Surely there were other ways. But I'll leave the particular methods of God to God."

Carlene Prince
Needs a LIFE

Postby Carlene Prince » October 28th, 2008, 10:23 am

Pastor Bill,

I don't mind if your chruch includes any of the recipes I may post.
Carlene

Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Pastor Bill » October 28th, 2008, 10:26 am

Great, thank you! We'll be sure to give credit to the person we got it from as well. They're still in the planning stages, but I'll post more information as we get closer to putting it all together.

Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---

Started entering

Postby Pastor Bill » November 14th, 2008, 8:37 am

OK, I'm just starting to enter some of these into the system for our church cookbook, I've entered most of Shellie's stuff, and was going to start on Carlene Prince's stuff next (since they are the two that specifically said it's OK)

I got to thinking if anyone would like to contribute directly, drop me an email or PM and I'll give you access to the system to enter them in yourself. right now there is a limit of 10 recipes per contributor, but we're working on changing that.

Also anyone else who doesn't mind me using your recipes please let me know (and make sure I have your real name to give you credit for it!)

Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Pastor Bill » November 14th, 2008, 9:19 am

also in addition to your name send me your church name if you'd like that included.

rjc
I can see clearly now!

Postby rjc » November 14th, 2008, 12:58 pm

You can use any of mine you would like and I would love a copy of your cookbook when it is ready, Rhoda J. Curran
rjc

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Shellie
Site Admin

Postby Shellie » November 15th, 2008, 3:35 am

Hey Bill,

If you only pick 10...can I choose which ones? I know which ones are best, ha!

Shellie L. Creasy
Crossroads Chapel CoGoP

.....just in case you forgot all that. :D
There never was a horse that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Pastor Bill » November 16th, 2008, 4:58 pm

Shellie, I'm working to push that limit up. Right now I think I have all of yours in, but I also have you listed as "Shellie Creasy 2"!

PastorDaniel
Hey, hey, hey

Postby PastorDaniel » November 16th, 2008, 5:11 pm

feel free to use Hot Dog Casserole!! :lol: :lol:
Pastor Daniel :D

Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Pastor Bill » November 17th, 2008, 9:35 am

Pastor Daniel, can you give me your last name and location, I've put in church names for those that provided them as I'm crediting the recipe, but I need to include the location on yours because we are New Life as well.

Also Shellie if you want to remind me of your church name & location I'll add that on yours as well.

I've added everything on here from those that have responded to give me permission (Shellie, Carlene Prince, Pianoman, Mavislb, rjc, PastorDaniel) and it's really helping to fill things out! we hope to have a good thick book with lots of recipes.

PastorDaniel
Hey, hey, hey

Postby PastorDaniel » November 17th, 2008, 10:22 am

Lafayette, Ga....I think it's hilarious that you're using it...my wife will get a kick out of that...she knows I made it up while living the barracks lifestyle in the Marines... :lol:

She thought I was crazy...but the kids love it...
Pastor Daniel :D

Shellie
Site Admin

Postby Shellie » November 17th, 2008, 10:36 am

Shellie Creasy
Crossroads Chapel CogoP
Palm Harbor, Florida

Sherry

Postby Sherry » November 17th, 2008, 11:27 am

Pastor Bill wrote:I've added everything on here from those that have responded to give me permission (Shellie, Carlene Prince, Pianoman, Mavislb, rjc, PastorDaniel) and it's really helping to fill things out! we hope to have a good thick book with lots of recipes.

Bill, did you get my PM? I don't mind if you use mine too! :wink:

Return to “Broad Backsides Recipe Forum”