Pat Robertson Backs Giuliani's Bid

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

User avatar
MacUser
Established Member
Posts: 6224
Joined: July 13th, 2004, 4:55 am
Location: USA,Mississippi

Pat Robertson Backs Giuliani's Bid

Postby MacUser » November 7th, 2007, 8:03 am

Pat Robertson Backs Giuliani's Bid
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... le=1&lst=1

WASHINGTON (AP) - Televangelist Pat Robertson, founder of the Christian Coalition, endorsed Republican presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani on Wednesday.

"It is my pleasure to announce my support for America's Mayor, Rudy Giuliani, a proven leader who is not afraid of what lies ahead and who will cast a hopeful vision for all Americans," Robertson said during a news conference with Giuliani in Washington.

****

Does he know something I don't?
Chris -

... Behold, the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world!
John 1:29

User avatar
forestwalker
The 1,000 Club
Posts: 1078
Joined: July 9th, 2004, 8:04 pm
Location: USA,California

Postby forestwalker » November 7th, 2007, 8:37 am

I don't get it. I haven't been keeping up with Robertson for several years. Does he now believe that an aggressive stance against the Muslims outweighs all other issues, including abortion and the other old deal-stoppers? Or is he just desperate to back a winner after years without the power he once held?
For the truth that lies at the heart of theology is not something there to be discovered, but something, or rather someone, to whom we must surrender. The mystery of faith is not ultimately something that invites our questioning, but something that questions us.
Andrew Louth, Discerning the Mystery

User avatar
Paully_44
Established Member
Posts: 7480
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 4:20 am
Location: USA,Washington

Postby Paully_44 » November 7th, 2007, 12:14 pm

forestwalker wrote:I don't get it. I haven't been keeping up with Robertson for several years. Does he now believe that an aggressive stance against the Muslims outweighs all other issues, including abortion and the other old deal-stoppers? Or is he just desperate to back a winner after years without the power he once held?


Does Pat's word really carry any weight?
Let the wild rumpus start!

User avatar
forestwalker
The 1,000 Club
Posts: 1078
Joined: July 9th, 2004, 8:04 pm
Location: USA,California

Postby forestwalker » November 7th, 2007, 12:20 pm

Paully_44 wrote:Does Pat's word really carry any weight?

Very little, I think. That's why I ask that last question above.
For the truth that lies at the heart of theology is not something there to be discovered, but something, or rather someone, to whom we must surrender. The mystery of faith is not ultimately something that invites our questioning, but something that questions us.

Andrew Louth, Discerning the Mystery

Dar
Regular
Posts: 21
Joined: August 26th, 2004, 8:19 pm
Location: Southern California

Robertson & Guilianni

Postby Dar » November 11th, 2007, 3:50 pm

Pat Robertson is sending a mixed message, that's for sure. But, I feel somewhat mixed about Rudy myself. I can't admire his personal choices, nor many of the politcal stances he takes, but I was very impressed with the way he handled himself during the September 11 attacks. He showed a remarkable leadership style and it seemed to come naturally to him. Maybe this is part of the reason Pat Robertson chose to support him. If we are looking at separating religion from politics and just looking at the person for their abilities and skills in leadership, Rudy is a good candidate.
Dar


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests

Login  •  Register